IGNORED

Images Of The New Stadium

The Stadium is a cheap option, which goes along with Efc thinking on all matters, we are never going to compete with them across the park until we match them in all departments.

Like has already been said a Stadium is built once in a hundred years so 45.000 to 50.000 is a waste of fookin time, If they are going to sell their souls it should have at least been equal to the 60,000 across the park, then maybe we would have had a chance to compete for some Concerts, Internationals, Friendly matches and other big Functions for some extra income.

Also this ground will not alleviate the probs of trying to get tickets for big games, wonder how many away game Stubbs we will need to get a ticket cos even the Season ticket does'nt guarantee cup games or euro games.

To think i've been to Goodison with crowds of 75.000 and more, and i see peeps today spunkin in their pants because of a second class stadium, shows how far we have fallen from the massive club we once supported.

For them to accept anything less than those across the park is admitting we will never again reach the highs or even challenge the superioty of the Red S.

My heart Bleeds.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it's because i'm just interested in buildings and architechture and i think we could do a lot more, for start, out of the german stadiums i prefer Frankfurts Commerzbank stadium with the four-sided TV screen hanging over the centre spot, what a design feature that is. it's all personal opinions really isn't it? You like, I don't. simple as

We are a cheap ass club with no money, we cant afford any bells and whistles, but we will be expected to pay for them

I see your point, though honestly, what do you expect from Everton these days

The Stadium is a cheap option, which goes along with Efc thinking on all matters, we are never going to compete with them across the park until we match them in all departments.

Like has already been said a Stadium is built once in a hundred years so 45.000 to 50.000 is a waste of fookin time, If they are going to sell their souls it should have at least been equal to the 60,000 across the park, then maybe we would have had a chance to compete for some Concerts, Internationals, Friendly matches and other big Functions for some extra income.

Also this ground will not alleviate the probs of trying to get tickets for big games, wonder how many away game Stubbs we will need to get a ticket cos even the Season ticket does'nt guarantee cup games or euro games.

To think i've been to Goodison with crowds of 75.000 and more, and i see peeps today spunkin in their pants because of a second class stadium, shows how far we have fallen from the massive club we once supported.

For them to accept anything less than those across the park is admitting we will never again reach the highs or even challenge the superioty of the Red S.

My heart Bleeds.

1.Our stadium holds 40,000 not 45,000.

2.We can't fill it anyway.

3.We 100% would never be able to fill a 50,000 seater.

4.We will go like Man City and still only have attendances of 36,000 to 40,000 even in a much larger ground, making it look only half full.

5.We will NEVER challenge Liverpool for anything ever as they're too far gone for us to catch up, suppose we will always have to put up with the fact they have won everything many more times than us. And to be honest I can't see Everton winning the league for at least 20 years.

4.We will go like Man City and still only have attendances of 36,000 to 40,000 even in a much larger ground, making it look only half full.

5.We will NEVER challenge Liverpool for anything ever as they're too far gone for us to catch up, suppose we will always have to put up with the fact they have won everything many more times than us. And to be honest I can't see Everton winning the league for at least 20 years.

What are you on about??

To say "We will NEVER challenge Liverpool for anything ever" is simply defeatist. There were probably idiots saying this in the late 70's early 80's but we more than matched them lot under Kendall.

Things DO change, and I for one have confidence that they will (otherwise whats the point?). Good WILL triumph over evil, one day.

5.We will NEVER challenge Liverpool for anything ever as they're too far gone for us to catch up, suppose we will always have to put up with the fact they have won everything many more times than us. And to be honest I can't see Everton winning the league for at least 20 years

Like was said what about the mid-80's when they couldn't touch us?.......they had been

top dog before that for a few years....and it took a european ban,Kendall leaving plus

a few of our players to put us back under them!

Next couple of seasons,things could change again!Gerrard's only human will slow down

and get injured.....some big signings could be crap!......they might just lose that lucky

rabbits foot....four leaf clover......horse shoe!!!!!

We took four points of them last season!!.......NEVER CHALLANGE LUCKYPOOL!!!!!

Get a grip,if next season were lucky with injures and there not!there wont be many points

in it!We finished higher than them a couple of seasons back.

They could be the ones playing to a two thirds full stadium not us.

GIVE IN TO THOSE LUCKY TOSSERS.......NEVER!

Quick point regarding attendances, 20+% are obstructed views and this stops a lot of people going as they cant get a decent seat, its a know fact that attendances go up when a new ground is built, as have man cities, regardless of the empty spaces

Such a defeatist attitude makes me wonder if you even get out of bed in the morning

""GIVE IN TO THOSE LUCKY TOSSERS.......NEVER!""

. . . . . .

The Chairman and the Directors have, they have sold their souls under the pretext that it is a good move, and most of the supporters are ready and willing to believe it. If this goes ahead there will only be one club left in the City, we have been chucked out like nobody cares about us, and the one and only original club in this city will be no more.

I dont give two fooks if they want to build a new Wembley for us to play in, I still would'nt accept it if it was'nt in our spiritual home, and that is in this city of liverpool. There is'nt a person alive today that has been anywhere else than Goodison and in the City to Watch Everton Play home matches, and home matches they should continue to be, by staying in our HOME CITY.

The saying is that you get what you pay for, and the EFC Board are willing to accept any old shit as long as they dont have to pay, why go through all this hassle for the sake of another 10,000 seats when 5.000 long standing fans will not travel out of town to go.?? I've been going to see the Blues since before Carey was Manager in the mid fifties, which is over 50 years now and i will not go out of town to see a home match, i might as well go and give Wigan my support Cos the only team left in my city will be Redshite.

Goodison PARK is not in any danger of falling down, so i urge all true Evertonians to vote NO, and if Wyness is true to his Word they will look at ALL other options if Kirkby is rejected.

The same stadium or even a better one can be built anywhere, just dont be flattered by the site of a new Stadium, or Railroaded into making a quick Decision.

VOTE A RESOUNDING NO, AND LETS HAVE A LOOK AT ALL THE OPTIONS BEFORE WE MAKE ANY DECISIONS.

Thats my feelings on it.

** gets down and shoves Soapbox back under the table **

.....In five years time we might have an American Billionaire taking us over,....

That's the problem tho isn't it...might. In 5 years time if we haven't got a foreign sugar daddy to throw money at us we will be paupers in a very rich league. Look how many teams have been bought out by overseas buyers in the last 12 months, if we don't take action to increase our revenue by any means possible now, it will be too late.

There's been many a post in the last month about how we are not spending, even compared to the smaller clubs. So would you rather sit in the Gwladys street watching the likes of BT go through the motions or have the financial backing to be able to attract the better class of player and hopefully watch a better class of football?

Moyesy is swimming against the tide if he thinks he won't pay over the odds for players, eventually he will have to, as that is the nature of the beast that is Premiership football. And whether we like it or not we have to take what we can when the opportunities arise. Money talks in this game and sentiment doesn't pay the wages...

""Look how many teams have been bought out by overseas buyers in the last 12 months""

Thats Exactly what i'm saying, with the increased revenue these multi millionaires know where to come for a money making investment, and theres not so many prem teams left now that havent been taken over, so it wont be long before they come calling on Everton.

""would you rather sit in the Gwladys street watching the likes of BT go through the motions or have the financial backing to be able to attract thae better class of player and hopefully watch a better class of football?""

I've sat in Goodison since the Second division days and enjoyed every minute of it, and of course i would like to sit in a nice new Stadium but why jump at the first one you see. Why is this one being shoved down our throats without letting us see the other alternatives, the council have repeatedly said they want to keep us in the City, but that Exclusivity Deal is actually a way of getting this through before any other plans can be shown or talked about

As i have said before we might as well support Wigan or Tranmere because the only club in the city will be in Stanley Park, I'm just hoping that all the intelligent supporters will take a long look at what this means, and if you are willing to watch a team thats not even in the City, well thats your choice, but it wont be Mine.

Lets look at the other options First cos if this is agreed, there is no way we will ever get back into the City.

Firstly I'd like a fantastic new stadium.....right where Goodison Park stands now!

and would quite like it to be called Goodison Park!!.....OK probably not going to happen.

Licker!...a couple of questions!.....You would like to stay in the city!....at all costs

maybe?......would you ground share?.....or would you rather move just outside

the city limits to avoid such a terrible thing!

Just wondering really how an ardent Evertonian(yourself)...would view that.

For my sins I live a couple of hundred miles away from Goodison....closest ground

being Norwich!Should I/could I really support them because they are my local club!

Give up Everton because there not my local club!.....and support Norwich!Just couldn't

happen.I could get a season ticket for Norwich.....but I'd rather watch Everton about

7 times each season(plus every bit of live tv football...internet...papers...radio etc

that I can get.....including talking to you locals on here)...

My point is.....down the road....or even a long way down the road you'll still follow them!

So I hope will 45,000 others.I'm willing but unable(a lot of the time) to watch a team not

even in my county......I'm pretty sure you'll get that taxi!I for one hope you do!!

The groundshare thing is a non-starter, much as Ive said I would boycott Kirkby in the past, I think I just couldnt, Ive said for the past 3-4 season that this will be my last season ticket and yet, here I am again, 21 seasons on from my first visit to Goodison park

The groundshare thing is a non-starter, much as Ive said I would boycott Kirkby in the past, I think I just couldnt, Ive said for the past 3-4 season that this will be my last season ticket and yet, here I am again, 21 seasons on from my first visit to Goodison park

That'll be a taxi for Zed then!!!!

That'll be a taxi for Zed then!!!!

Probably the soccer bus, I get a taxi to the match now with about 10 other blokes (well 2-3 taxis) at about 2:45 from my local

city or not it's hardly far... one thing that puts investors is the impending move...and without current financial situation and this offer available to us, this is the best opportunity we will have...5 years down the lien we'll still have a below par stadium, no investment, and a team struggling/bottom half if not relegated with the way things are goin ... imo

5 years down the lien we'll still have a below par stadium, no investment, and a team struggling/bottom half if not relegated with the way things are goin ... imo

I'm not sure things would turn out that way!.......Five years down the line could see

us still at Goodison(no way is it falling down)...Fortress Goodison maybe,they wont

like coming to our rough(their words)little ground.

We've a small but very good squad,capable of improving.There's no reason why

we can't finish top 8 over the next five years.It will be the Man city's,Aston Villa's

and the new money boys who will be under the eye and under pressure.Not enough

good players to go round,hence big money(and wages)for average and crap players.

Move or no move?....I don't know,but I do think that our present squad when fit

can roll over most of the teams in the prem....at Goodison....Kirby.....or Tesco's car park!

yeh but if theyve got the money, who are we gonna bring in? they can buy roudn the continent no problem and afford the scouting and buying youth players for millions...the future isn't bright for me atm. and yeh Goodison will still be up but itll still be poorly constructed in comparison to other grounds and wont be an attractive place to come to

It is possible we are NOT moving to Kirkby and its all a bit of a smoke screen. READ ON...

Couple of days ago I read something on an EFC site (cant remember which one) below is a summarized version from my limited memory with my own bits thrown in.

It is feasible that cunning Mr Tesco (Sir Terry Leahy) and Everton are pushing with the Kirkby idea to make LCC shit their kecks about losing a business like Everton and the economic benefits that come with such a business.

Then at the last minute LCC will come up with an offer of a plan B site. And because theres another viable option on the table in Knowsley, LCC would have to offer a discount deal to keep EFC in their boundaries. THUS Terry Leahy/Tesco/Everton get a cheap bit of real estate IN LIVERPOOL worth considerably more than any land in Kirkby.

Perhaps Knowsley will go ahead with Tesco to redevelop Kirkby along with a Tesco wherever our stadium ends up.

I'm no business man but that sounds like good business to me.

Is there any truth in it?? Probably not, more than likely its fans clutching at straws. Interesting theory though.

Feasable idea, but they play the same game with their transfer deals and they usually end up getting nothing.

Can't see it tho or they would'nt have signed the exlusivity deal, just got to hope that supporters reject the Kirby deal , and then we can see what other options the LCC are willing to offer, there should be more than one option in any vote and They might agree to the TESCO STORE wherever the Site is.

Feasable idea, but they play the same game with their transfer deals and they usually end up getting nothing.

Can't see it tho or they would'nt have signed the exlusivity deal, just got to hope that supporters reject the Kirby deal , and then we can see what other options the LCC are willing to offer, there should be more than one option in any vote and They might agree to the TESCO STORE wherever the Site is.

Yep, the only way I see Everton getting a stadium within LCC boundaries is if Tesco are also involved, otherwise its too expensive. SO, I believe LCC should approach Tesco to see what area suits them and if that inturn suits EFC then it could be all systems GO.