82 replies to this topic

#81 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 Jul 2007 - 11:27

It is possible we are NOT moving to Kirkby and its all a bit of a smoke screen. READ ON...
Couple of days ago I read something on an EFC site (cant remember which one) below is a summarized version from my limited memory with my own bits thrown in.

It is feasible that cunning Mr Tesco (Sir Terry Leahy) and Everton are pushing with the Kirkby idea to make LCC shit their kecks about losing a business like Everton and the economic benefits that come with such a business.

Then at the last minute LCC will come up with an offer of a plan B site. And because theres another viable option on the table in Knowsley, LCC would have to offer a discount deal to keep EFC in their boundaries. THUS Terry Leahy/Tesco/Everton get a cheap bit of real estate IN LIVERPOOL worth considerably more than any land in Kirkby.

Perhaps Knowsley will go ahead with Tesco to redevelop Kirkby along with a Tesco wherever our stadium ends up.

I'm no business man but that sounds like good business to me.

Is there any truth in it?? Probably not, more than likely its fans clutching at straws. Interesting theory though.

#82 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,505 posts

Posted 26 Jul 2007 - 11:46

Feasable idea, but they play the same game with their transfer deals and they usually end up getting nothing.

Can't see it tho or they would'nt have signed the exlusivity deal, just got to hope that supporters reject the Kirby deal , and then we can see what other options the LCC are willing to offer, there should be more than one option in any vote and They might agree to the TESCO STORE wherever the Site is.

#83 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 26 Jul 2007 - 11:54

Feasable idea, but they play the same game with their transfer deals and they usually end up getting nothing.

Can't see it tho or they would'nt have signed the exlusivity deal, just got to hope that supporters reject the Kirby deal , and then we can see what other options the LCC are willing to offer, there should be more than one option in any vote and They might agree to the TESCO STORE wherever the Site is.

Yep, the only way I see Everton getting a stadium within LCC boundaries is if Tesco are also involved, otherwise its too expensive. SO, I believe LCC should approach Tesco to see what area suits them and if that inturn suits EFC then it could be all systems GO.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users