IGNORED

Keioc To Unveil Plans On Friday

Louis

No figures were shown.. it was a bit of a disapointment in my opinion.. I was expecting a Q&A session with the people behind it but what happened is they ended up talking to their mates and it was the same people asking about 30 questions.

You will be better off reading the pdf file and printing it off. The exhibition was basically the pdf file printed off and stuck on a board.

I thought they let themselves down a bit not having the figures but the business plans are being released on Monday so maybe there will be alot more information then.

I believe that there is a business plan for the redevelopment program with a view 2 some kind of construction partnership with a hotel & also a plan involving the best way group & LCC with comercial partners also.

So basically we still know very little about any proposal by the club or KEIOC but what we do now know is there are other options & there are also other comerical investement opportunities. The Knowlsley / Tesco deal could quite easily be matched or bettered by LCC / Hotel Chain to re-develop Goodison or LCC / Bestway to build on Scottie Road.

So knowing there are business plans for at least 2 other options would anyone prefare a slight delay on this vote to allow the other voices to be heard before a decision is made?

I realy dont see the harm in viewing other proposals it seems the logical process to me!

yes i am liam, im debating it a bit now though...being increasingly frustrated and i'm taking more and more notice of the assets sold and the running of the club. i'm not happy at the moment. however i still don't have a problem with kirkby. but i do want soem board changes, so that may make the decision tougher

Ok so we vote yes, the ball starts rolling, the exclusivity agreement ends and several achievable, affordable & maybe better proposals are put forward. The club says we've asked the fans and they want Kirkby are you going to be happy with the vote you cast??

DOES ANYBODY KNOW what will happen if we vote YES. Will it mean we dont look into any other proposals?

AND if we vote NO. Will Kirkby be dead forever or could it be revived if it turns out that the other options turn out to be unaffordable or whatever.

This vote should be postponed.

I was previously edging towards being pro-kirkby. Now I just dont know. The bestway deal sounds better by the day. Just need some figures to back it up. This sounds like it could be the way forward.

I think we should do away with any idea of redeveloping Goodison, its just not going to happen, best to concentrate all your efforts on this bestway/loop site.

Goodnight!

If we vote yes the Kirkby deal is go as long as the other obsticals are overcome, I'v heard a rumour that LCC actually have first refusal on the land before Knowlsley can sell it to us, there is also supposedly a list of delaying tactics as long as your arm from the Kirkby residents association.

Vote no and the deal isnt dead at all afterall the board can do what they want in reality so the only real victory a no vote may win is making the board realise we wont be blinded into believing the "no plan b" statement. I think the major aim of a no vote is to open the discussion before a final decision is made and then we will move to the most achievable site with the best budget which could still turn out to be Kirkby.

I have also heard it rumoured that part of the condition of sale for the proposed Knowsley site is they will recieve a percentage of stadium revenue along with the land lease!

A member of the bestway PR group said that the club could receive up to double the amount of money for naming rights in the Scotland Road than they would at Kirkby due to Scotland Road's location near the city centre.

And they would also get more investors because its the next stage of re=developement after the city centre is done, also free planning, and designing by the Achitects who are responsable for the city of culture work at the moment.

There should be no doubt, we have to look at all the options before making a final decision.

Who knows, the Kirkby idea might turn out to be the best one in the end, but we have to look at them all, and listen to what they have to say first.

If we vote yes the Kirkby deal is go as long as the other obsticals are overcome, I'v heard a rumour that LCC actually have first refusal on the land before Knowlsley can sell it to us, there is also supposedly a list of delaying tactics as long as your arm from the Kirkby residents association.

Vote no and the deal isnt dead at all afterall the board can do what they want in reality so the only real victory a no vote may win is making the board realise we wont be blinded into believing the "no plan b" statement. I think the major aim of a no vote is to open the discussion before a final decision is made and then we will move to the most achievable site with the best budget which could still turn out to be Kirkby.

I have also heard it rumoured that part of the condition of sale for the proposed Knowsley site is they will recieve a percentage of stadium revenue along with the land lease!

Cheers for the info.

Your statement of

"the major aim of a no vote is to open the discussion before a final decision is made and then we will move to the most achievable site with the best budget which could still turn out to be Kirkby".

Totally makes sense. If that message can be put across to the current "YES" people, then I'm certain a NO vote would be recorded.

the club will have explored the other options and will stil lbe considering it, they're not going to rush into such an expensive decision after all it is a business. just because we haven't been given all of the project plans doesn't mean they haven't done it. there shouldn't be a vote in the first place because the fans know nothing compared to the board.

I'm totally with Liam now, please people vote no. All that's needed is extra time to explore every possible avenue, this vote is a farce as they aren't really giving us a choice.

The whole fuckin club is a farce at the moment, and yes we should explore ALL the possible options, if sites are being offered then they need to be at least assesed.