42 replies to this topic

#41 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2007 - 15:15

If we vote yes the Kirkby deal is go as long as the other obsticals are overcome, I'v heard a rumour that LCC actually have first refusal on the land before Knowlsley can sell it to us, there is also supposedly a list of delaying tactics as long as your arm from the Kirkby residents association.

Vote no and the deal isnt dead at all afterall the board can do what they want in reality so the only real victory a no vote may win is making the board realise we wont be blinded into believing the "no plan b" statement. I think the major aim of a no vote is to open the discussion before a final decision is made and then we will move to the most achievable site with the best budget which could still turn out to be Kirkby.

I have also heard it rumoured that part of the condition of sale for the proposed Knowsley site is they will recieve a percentage of stadium revenue along with the land lease!

Cheers for the info.

Your statement of
"the major aim of a no vote is to open the discussion before a final decision is made and then we will move to the most achievable site with the best budget which could still turn out to be Kirkby".

Totally makes sense. If that message can be put across to the current "YES" people, then I'm certain a NO vote would be recorded.

#42 CraccerC

CraccerC

Simão Sabrosa

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,251 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2007 - 18:07

the club will have explored the other options and will stil lbe considering it, they're not going to rush into such an expensive decision after all it is a business. just because we haven't been given all of the project plans doesn't mean they haven't done it. there shouldn't be a vote in the first place because the fans know nothing compared to the board.

#43 Simon

Simon

I Am The Most Swashbuckling Swashbuckler, imo

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,150 posts

Posted 04 Aug 2007 - 18:14

I'm totally with Liam now, please people vote no. All that's needed is extra time to explore every possible avenue, this vote is a farce as they aren't really giving us a choice.

The whole fuckin club is a farce at the moment, and yes we should explore ALL the possible options, if sites are being offered then they need to be at least assesed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users