Baines Signed - £5million Rising To 6m + 30% Sell On Fee

Luq101

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good news but not done and dusted yet.

Would have prefered it to be that he had agreed terms and that it was just a medical.

Just hope it goes through quickly as not sure can wait for a couple of days waiting to see if he going to sign.

Still need a couple more players though for me to be happy

Good news but not done and dusted yet.

Would have prefered it to be that he had agreed terms and that it was just a medical.

Just hope it goes through quickly as not sure can wait for a couple of days waiting to see if he going to sign.

Still need a couple more players though for me to be happy

Im sure they both have an idea of what each other wants visave personal terms (HOPEFULLY)

Looks good, though still wait until hes actually signed

1. Like the rest of you, until we see the cheesy photo of him holding the scarf, lets not get too excited.

2. Yes, they probably will strike a deal for him to not play on Saturday - but any such agreement would be wrong. You pay £6m for a player and then can't play him just because you happen to be up against them in a few days time? The type of nonsense clauses that drag footy through the mud.

Lads i think you might find that he is going to miss more than saturdays game, meant to be out for the next 3 weeks that why is missed their game at the weekend, wasn't an excuse because of the transfer

Which might have a doubt over the medical, but i hope not, only meant to be a thigh strain

Edited by irishtoffee

Nothing on the Everton site yet though.

Everton always the last know lol

Finally some good business for us and they reporting it was only £5m deal

yeah 5m. In fairness i think thats one hell of a deal.

Finally after about 7 years we have a proper left back :D

Edited by irishtoffee

Sounds as if he is now an Everton Player - Licker I already had him in my Fantasy Football line up - Had a feeling he would be in our defence.

I must say with the addition of Baines - we now have a cracking defensive unit - of a really good age. I would think we will be difficult to score past next season.

A bit more quality in depth regarding creativity going forward - and we will be a fair decent squad, who will give any team a decent game on our day.

Lexking - He's a 21 year old local lad who is probably the third best english left back in the country (behind Bridge and Cole). Go to www.youtube.com and type in Leighton baines to see some of the goals he has scored. I'm delighted with his purchase.