IGNORED

Baines A True Blue/smith A Money Grabber!

Luq101

It is always a great feeling to buy quality players, but it is especially great when the player signs on for his love of the club, rather than his wallet. So I am very glad to have Baines, and very glad Smith can rot at Newcastle!

Oh howay man, you signed a canny little player but he was never a blue, all of that crap is embarrassing and I do not see why he needed to do it.

He has already done interviews in the past where he has stated he was/is a Liverpool fan.

Like the 4-4-2 mag interview.

http://www.fourfourtwo.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...~587312,00.html

Oh howay man, you signed a canny little player but he was never a blue, all of that crap is embarrassing and I do not see why he needed to do it.

He has already done interviews in the past where he has stated he was/is a Liverpool fan.

Like the 4-4-2 mag interview.

http://www.fourfourtwo.premiumtv.co.uk/pag...~587312,00.html

Right ive just seen his interview on SSN and he said "as a kid me dad took me the liverpool games but when i go the ages of 13 / 14 i used to sneak to a few everton games with me cousin and we used to sneak in the gates at the last 10 minutes when they where open, then i relised i like this team" so to me he likes us not the shite across the park.

I think i believe that than a shit kids magazine.

How do you know Smith only went there for the money? How do you know he didn't go there because he genuinely felt they have more ambition than us?

Because Newcastle record over the last five seasons has been far worse than ours, so the only logical conclusion is he went for the money!

Because Newcastle record over the last five seasons has been far worse than ours, so the only logical conclusion is he went for the money!

Stop thinking about the past, the fact is they now have a competent manager who knows what the fuck he is doing and I imagine them having a new mega rich owner probably helped him to see that he may end up with better players around him, therefore showing more ambition. It's unfair to just say he went there for the money, unless your his personal bum scratcher or something.

As I said before Baines signed for Everton, I don't believe Newcastle were in for him. Which is why I was confident enough to come on here and tell you guys not to bother worrying because he was 100% going to sign for Everton. We'd gone for our targets (Jose Enrique and Ivica Dragutinovic) at the same time Everton went for Baines. Also there hadn't been a single quote claiming Newcastle had made a bid from either Wigan, Newcastle or Baines. That all made me pretty confident that it was all paper talk. But never mind, we've both signed good young left backs so its all good :)

Stop thinking about the past, the fact is they now have a competent manager who knows what the fuck he is doing and I imagine them having a new mega rich owner probably helped him to see that he may end up with better players around him, therefore showing more ambition. It's unfair to just say he went there for the money, unless your his personal bum scratcher or something.

Lol! Couldn't think of a worse job than that! Maybe being on the Everton board perhaps?

Aaron... 442 is not a kids magazine ;) Read the post above about the baby kit. Leon osman is a red and no one abuses him.

Hahaha leon a red? You must be joking? My mum knows his family, he is not a red.

Edited by Everton Lad

Because Newcastle record over the last five seasons has been far worse than ours

Excuse me???

Last five seasons (in order of best to worst):-

Everton - 4th, 6th, 7th, 11th, 17th (9th place average finish)

Newcastle - 3rd, 5th, 7th, 13th, 14th (8.4th place average finish)

Still think you're right? Because those five finishes look pretty similar to me overall.

Also yes I relise a team can't finish 8.4th, but that's the average so... :)

Edited by DonnieDio

Excuse me???

Last five seasons (in order of best to worst):-

Everton - 4th, 6th, 7th, 11th, 17th

Newcastle - 3rd, 5th, 7th, 13th, 14th

Could you quickly add up how much money we've spent to achieve those relative positions? Probably need quite a powerful calculator to add up Newcastle's :D (or a fucking big abacus).

Edited by MikeO

Could you quickly add up how much money we've spent to achieve those relative positions? Probably need quite a powerful calculator to add up Newcastle's :D .

Don't get defensive mate, I'm only correcting the original posters comment which was blatantly wrong.

Edited by DonnieDio

Well i dont, you got defensive and telling other people not to get defensive? Hmmm bit strange.

But newcastle are a big let down, they spend so much yet acomplish nothing, i know we havent won much recently too (as in silverware) but were strapped for cash, newcastle arent, they spend big and gain little.

Don't get defensive mate, I'm only correcting the original posters comment which was obviously wrong, surely you agree yeah?

Not disagreeing with the maths or getting defensive, just making a point that given our relative financial resources we've over-achieved to get where we are and you've under-achieved, surely you'd agree?

Well i dont, you got defensive and telling other people not to get defensive? Hmmm bit strange.

But newcastle are a big let down, they spend so much yet acomplish nothing, i know we havent won much recently too (as in silverware) but were strapped for cash, newcastle arent, they spend big and gain little.

Erm, I didn't reply to you... As to the post, facts cannot be defensive mate, they're only facts. I'm not going to comment on the rest because frankly its irrelevant, read the thread again and see were you've gone wrong..

Edited by DonnieDio

Not disagreeing with the maths or getting defensive, just making a point that given our relative financial resources we've over-achieved to get where we are and you've under-achieved, surely you'd agree?

Of course, Everton have done very well recently considering the state of the club financially. I didn't make any comment against Everton, I didn't even say we'd done better did I? I just corrected the original posters comment with a few facts and nothing more.

Anyway lets not argue :)

Edited by DonnieDio

I didnt mean it as an argument, What i meant was newcastle have spent a ton of money (must be up there with the most spent out of most clubs) and still not atticheved anything, there isnt any progress, as you have pointed out your last two seasons have been the same, where ours are miles apart, we did do a high and then a low then another high over the last 3 seasons but money was never really there for us to spend big.

I didnt mean it as an argument, What i meant was newcastle have spent a ton of money (must be up there with the most spent out of most clubs) and still not atticheved anything, there isnt any progress, as you have pointed out your last two seasons have been the same, where ours are miles apart, we did do a high and then a low then another high over the last 3 seasons but money was never really there for us to spend big.

Well I don't disagree (until this season anyway). But I doubt Smith cares how much money Newcastle or Everton spent to finish in relatively similar positions overall in the last 5 years..

Edited by DonnieDio

I did't mean to start a big debate over this, I was only stating that I thought it was very sad that a young felt the need to lie through his teeth when signing for you, it should not matter that he is a Liverpool fan, it was not just as a kid because his dad is a red but because its who he supports, you don't by your kids a strip of a team you don't support.

Smith chose us over Boro, was not a hard decision really and I am sure it was not all about the money!!