10 replies to this topic

#1 Maghull70

Maghull70

Dave Watson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2007 - 15:52

I bet youre expecting me to have a moan BUT I think its worth metioning that the REFS have actually been impressine for our 2 games so far, especially Mark Clattenburg v Wigan.
AND
We are yet to be given any Yellow cards which I find quite amazing.

Anyway I just thought I'd mention the refs while theyve been good coz we all know it wont last.

#2 Bill

Bill

Alex. Top player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,493 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2007 - 16:12

Yes i agree on the Refs, and if you read the Stats, both Wigan and Spurs commited a lot more fouls than we did.

#3 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2007 - 16:16

What I liked about the ref at Spurs,was how he allowed Osman(I think it was him)to
wrestle the end off that Spurs wall to allow Stubb's thunderbolt a passage on goal!

THANKS REF :rolleyes:

#4 sheedysheedysheedy

sheedysheedysheedy

Leon Osman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2007 - 18:02

What I liked about the ref at Spurs,was how he allowed Osman(I think it was him)to
wrestle the end off that Spurs wall to allow Stubb's thunderbolt a passage on goal!

THANKS REF :rolleyes:

It was Carsley and it's something he's done before (was it last season v Newcastle)? when again Stubbs was the beneficiary!

Surprised we didn't get penalised for it but who cares :rolleyes:

#5 Blue 250

Blue 250

Bob Latchford

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,473 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2007 - 19:13

QUOTE(Blue 250 @ Aug 16 2007, 5:16 PM)

THANKS REF

It was Carsley and it's something he's done before (was it last season v Newcastle)? when again Stubbs was the beneficiary!

Surprised we didn't get penalised for it but who cares

Yeh I thought I'd seen that done before!.....Hell!Maybe were starting a new trend!
Don't like how many players the opposistion have in their wall!!.....Take a few out!!!
Could catch on.

Wasn't it Mike Lyons who would run through a wall for the Everton cause!......well now we
know for a fact Carsley's a bit like him!

#6 Leadline

Leadline

Roy Vernon Penalty King

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2007 - 20:16

How long before the refs cotton on to that do you think?

#7 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 16 Aug 2007 - 20:56

in theory its off the ball, as he pulls the defender before the ball is kicked, so its not quite a foul.
chelsea have done somethin similar for a couple of years; when Terry gets marked at corners carvalho will stand between him and his marker, then terry pushes carvalho into his marker before the ball is kicked. not quite a foul, but cheeky, and effective

#8 Jay Bernard

Jay Bernard

Wayne Rooney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 Aug 2007 - 16:10

the ref for the tottenham game was Mike Halsey wasnt it? Isnt he the one from the Wirral because there is a ref from there?

#9 Romey 1878

Romey 1878

Mildo

• Cyber Steward
  • 44,169 posts

Posted 17 Aug 2007 - 16:16

the ref for the tottenham game was Mike Halsey wasnt it? Isnt he the one from the Wirral because there is a ref from there?

I thought that was Mike Dean?

#10 Jay Bernard

Jay Bernard

Wayne Rooney

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 Aug 2007 - 22:53

lol there is too many mikes iam confused. Mike Riley, Mike Halsey, Mike Dean. Why cant we have good old Uriah Rennie :D

#11 evertonfc92

evertonfc92

Tim Howard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 18 Aug 2007 - 00:21

I only seen the spurs game and just highlights ov the wigan game but the refs did a very good job but if u ask me usualy the refs always go against us and sooon we will be havein a full on moan at how bad they are doin!!!

Born blue
Live blue
Stay blue
Die blue
100% blue

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users