IGNORED

A Statement From The Club...

Louis

A statement from Everton Football Club - August 24, 2007

Everton Football Club acknowledges that a majority of those Evertonians who were eligible to vote in the ballot do support the Club in its desire to relocate to a new home in Kirkby.

We are the only major club in Europe to have handed over a decision of such importance and magnitude to its fan-base – something which simply serves to underscore the enormously high regard in which we hold our supporters.

We now have a mandate to carry on negotiations with our two project partners – Knowsley Borough Council and Tesco.

The Club’s Board of Directors, the management staff and the players would like to thank all those who participated in the ballot.

We would also like to thank the Electoral Reform Services who ran the ballot on our behalf in a diligent and wholly professional manner.

Whilst we concede that the proposed move has undoubtedly provoked a heated and sustained debate, it is reassuring to know that the majority of Evertonians do support the Club as it pursues its long-held desire to provide a world-class stadium for its world-class support.

The result comes at the end of a transparent, democratic process and we believe that now is the time for all supporters of Everton Football Club to set aside any differences of opinion and unite for the common good.

The simple truth is, we all want the same thing – a thriving, ambitious and prosperous club away from the field of play and an attractive, competitive team on it.

Number of voting packs dispatched

Number of votes received 25,761

Number of votes found to be invalid 63

Total number of valid votes 25,698

Turnout 70.27%

Question

Based on the foregoing information, the Board is inclined to pursue the building of a new stadium in Kirkby.

The Board promised to ballot Evertonians to ascertain their views on this move.

The question is: Are you in favour of relocating Everton Football Club to Kirkby?

The Result

Yes 15,230 59.27%

NO 10,468 40.73%

Expected really.

Was probably a done deal before they started the ballot.

Not been on for a long time due to other commitments and not sure if someones mentioned something like this but I did wonder whether all this money we have had recently is part of the deal...

Edited by TrueBlue

i voted no, i didnt want to move to kirkby. but just got to get behind the club now.

Had no vote, don't know which way I'd have voted if I had. Either way doesn't change how I feel about Everton. The majority (albeit less than 50% of the electorate) have voted and you have to, or rather I have to, go along with it....same as I would have done had it gone the other way.

I'v just got back from some quiet time in an empty room at work (the bog) and it's over for me at home, we're treated like shit left right and centre and now even the very top management have turned on us.

Make no mistake the 10,000 no voters are the heart and soul of this football club, the fans who sing til their voices go and leave with headaches, travel the length of the country for every away game & sat in and got rid of Johnson when it mattered. I go to most of the away matches and I can say with confidence those few thousand fans are all feeling like me right now :( :( :(

It's a joke how we can vote to move knowing another offer is just around the corner and could quite easily be a far better deal!!

I'v just got back from some quiet time in an empty room at work (the bog) and it's over for me at home, we're treated like shit left right and centre and now even the very top management have turned on us.

Make no mistake the 10,000 no voters are the heart and soul of this football club, the fans who sing til their voices go and leave with headaches, travel the length of the country for every away game & sat in and got rid of Johnson when it mattered. I go to most of the away matches and I can say with confidence those few thousand fans are all feeling like me right now :( :( :(

It's a joke how we can vote to move knowing another offer is just around the corner and could quite easily be a far better deal!!

I feel like my world has just fell apart around my ears. I didn't expect it to feel this bad, I thought I could just get on with it.

I'm kind of glad that i'm moving away from the city now, cause i ain't ever gonna pay to get into kirby, as much as i love the club i can't support this, the vote was a waste of time, and that was shown by the no-voters, BK and KW decided along time ago that kirby was the only option they were willing to entertain.

Im not backing them, not in a million years. i know I said yesterday I hoped people could swallow their pride etc but now that it's happened I can't, I refuse to get behind our board.

im not getting behind the board, im getting behind the club. its more than 5 fat fuckers in suits!

Its not over till its over or till the fat lady sings, i think theres a few more twists and turns in this little saga yet.

But i have said before and i will say again, if this does eventually go through i hope i can get a ticket for the last game at Goodison, because that will be the last time i shall ever go to see them.

People know my feelings on the subject so not going to go over old ground.

For those of you who are disapointed in the 'result' of the vote - there are still some positives to look at.

If a NO result had come in - then it basically mean't the Kirby proposal would go in the bin. Finished

I think all the 'YES' vote means is that there will be considerable effort put in to investigating the proposal further in a lot more details and scrutinisation. I wouldn't say it was a 100% certainty that Kirby will go ahead by any means.

What this vote has also done is highlighted in no uncertain terms to LCC is that we don't NEED them - if they really want us to stay then they have go to get there ar5es in to gear quick march and come up with an attractive offer. A half baked proposal has been waved around over the last week or two that some have already bought in to - they need to make it robust enough for Everton board buy in to it as well.

Also, the debate that has been going on over the last few weeks will have highlighted in greater detail to the board the opinions of the fans and potenital options other that may possibley exist. As educated and professional people I am sure the people who will be ultimately involved in the final decisions are not blinkered to Kirby or bust. Although, it may seem that way.

To me this vote of 'yes' is a vote of confidence in the board to make the right decisions, whether this results in Kirby being our new home or not. I still thinkg this is actually a fair way from being set in concrete yet (although, I will conceed it is a lot more likly following the result of the vote). If the vote had gone the other way - that to me is as good as saying Wyness, Kenwright etc OUT, as we don't trust you to do the right thing with our Club.

For those of you who are ultimately disapointed in the result of the vote, I feel for your disapointment, as I now how passionate we have all debate the vote. Let all hope wherever it leads (and knowbody really knows yet) Everton become a bigger and better footballing force in the Premeriship. In the end we all want the same thing.

im not getting behind the board, im getting behind the club. its more than 5 fat fuckers in suits!

Those 5 fat fuckers in suits have just killed off a chunk of Everton, this isnt about leaving Goodison or leaving the city this is about the completely bias, one track, single minded way they have pushed forward Kirkby at the expense of any other competition.

How can we be getting the best for our club with no competition? The deal has been created and nobody has been given the chance to better it.

I'v just drawn a part up on CAD for pricing and we have a favoured supplier, we have a target price for the part which that supplier meets but I have sent the drawing to 4 other suppliers in the name of competition and getting the best deal for us. If we save a few quid fantastic and if nobody comes in with a better price no harm done we will just go with our prefered supplier. That is competition and every business needs it to get the best deal!

So where does that leave the 15000 that voted yes?

What this vote has also done is highlighted in no uncertain terms to LCC is that we don't NEED them - if they really want us to stay then they have go to get there ar5es in to gear quick march and come up with an attractive offer. A half baked proposal has been waved around over the last week or two that some have already bought in to - they need to make it robust enough for Everton board buy in to it as well.

You make some fair points but thats a joke lad how can you call a proposal that's been allowed no time to develope "half baked"? They need to gather all the info to make a decent pitch and you cant do that in a few weeks. If they published a plan without the necissary info (like everton have!) that would be half baked but taking a few weeks to prepare an informative proposal is the way it should be done and that time frame was a godsend to the club because they could push through a rushed vote to try and kill off any opposition.

I have a sneeky feeling the board will rush trough finalising the Kirkby deal to kill of the loop proposal before it grows and when that happens you will see how underhanded they have been.

You make some fair points but thats a joke lad how can you call a proposal that's been allowed no time to develope "half baked"? They need to gather all the info to make a decent pitch and you cant do that in a few weeks. If they published a plan without the necissary info (like everton have!) that would be half baked but taking a few weeks to prepare an informative proposal is the way it should be done and that time frame was a godsend to the club because they could push through a rushed vote to try and kill off any opposition.

I have a sneeky feeling the board will rush trough finalising the Kirkby deal to kill of the loop proposal before it grows and when that happens you will see how underhanded they have been.

Fair point but I dont really feel that the club is to blame, the LCC has had plenty of time to come up with a decent proposal and they have failed big time and I think thats where people should be venting their anger.

If those of you who feel that they can no longer support the club then fair enough that your perogative but i think the rest of us need to get behind the team now.

I do think it is worth perceviering with your Loop Campaign if you truly beleive it is the best way forward.

If you could back up the plan with hard facts as to where the money is going to come from , if it meets the safety standards etc then Im sure if there was an overwhelming feeling amongst supporters to do a u turn then Im sure we could make it happen.

All the yes vote has done is allow us to move forward in the meantime

Are you trying to say that LCC have only been aware that Everton are looking to move from Goodion about 3 weeks ago, I am fairly sure they have been aware of this long before Knowsely or Tesco's had even thought about Everton relocating.

I can just see it now in LCC offices three weeks ago- "A vote? when? on what?, Everton are looking for a site of a new Stadium?"-

Sorry, not getting in to the Yes - No debate again (that has now gone)

What I am saying is by having a 'vote' our stadium move is likly to have be discussed and debated more than any other new stadium project in the country.

I know some people are paronoined that the Board have a hidden agenda. (Not a lot anybody can do about that) As I said this was a vote more on confidnece in the board than anything else. I know some don't trust the board - but one thing that sticks with me is that we where given a vote - and this is definately NOT normal practice. If the board where that keen to push this through, railroad the project, or have hidden agenda they could have simply just got on with it without a vote. So a lot of negative stuff aimed towards the board just doesn't wash with me.

I really can't see how people can call them underhanded when the put the whole proposal on the line with a vote.

I know I will get back all the - "It was fixed" or "we where just given the vote so we only have ourselves to blame". But heard all that before.

The biggest thing that saddens me is that following a democratic vote in to looking further at going to Kirby - within an hour some are already saying - well wasn't the result I wanted, I am never going to set foot in there. Are we really that childish.

Are you trying to say that LCC have only been aware that Everton are looking to move from Goodion about 3 weeks ago, I am fairly sure they have been aware of this long before Knowsely or Tesco's had even thought about Everton relocating.

I can just see it now in LCC offices three weeks ago- "A vote? when? on what?, Everton are looking for a site of a new Stadium?"-

What I am saying is by having a 'vote' our stadium move is likly to have be discussed and debated more than any other new stadium project in the country.

I know some people are paronoined that the Board have a hidden agenda. (Not a lot anybody can do about that) As I said this was a vote more on confidnece in the board than anything else. I know some don't trust the board - but one thing that sticks with me is that we where given a vote - and this is definately NOT normal practice. If the board where that keen to push this through, railroad the project, or have hidden agenda they could have simply just got on with it without a vote. So a lot of negative stuff aimed towards the board just doesn't wash with me.

I really can't see how people can call them underhanded when the put the whole proposal on the line with a vote.

I know I will get back all the - "It was fixed" or "we where just given the vote so we only have ourselves to blame". But heard all that before.

The biggest thing that saddens me is that following a democratic vote in to looking further at going to Kirby - within an hour some are already saying - well wasn't the result I wanted, I am never going to set foot in there. Are we really that childish.

I agree mate the way this forum is going its only going to be a matter of time before the theory that BK was the man on the grassy knoll with KW driving the getaway car when JFK was shot!

I dont care where we play ONCE A BLUE ALWAYS A BLUE

If you double the figures of the total voters it comes to 50.00 which oddly enough amounts to the figure the club says we need to get every week to improve revenue. 20.000 of those peeps have voted against the move and are upset, annoyed, and totally bemused at how this Club can forget it roots and piss off out of the City. I am of the opinion that instead of bettering the Club they have in fact Jeopardised the long term future.

Its almost certain they have already lost a number of supporters with this initial Decision but in the long term, kids growing up in the city will no longer grow up as EVERTONIANS, why would they want to travel out the city when there is a club on their doorstep.

The minutre the Tesco man was welcomed into the Club he probs mentioned that he cant get a store built in Kirkby and EFC said they couldnt get a ground built, so they have sat down together and probably just agreed to join forces.

Surely "The Suits" have not sat down and thought this through properly, I think it will cost them dearly in the long run.

If you double the figures of the total voters it comes to 50.00 which oddly enough amounts to the figure the club says we need to get every week to improve revenue. 20.000 of those peeps have voted against the move and are upset, annoyed, and totally bemused at how this Club can forget it roots and piss off out of the City. I am of the opinion that instead of bettering the Club they have in fact Jeopardised the long term future.

Its almost certain they have already lost a number of supporters with this initial Decision but in the long term, kids growing up in the city will no longer grow up as EVERTONIANS, why would they want to travel out the city when there is a club on their doorstep.

The minutre the Tesco man was welcomed into the Club he probs mentioned that he cant get a store built in Kirkby and EFC said they couldnt get a ground built, so they have sat down together and probably just agreed to join forces.

Surely "The Suits" have not sat down and thought this through properly, I think it will cost them dearly in the long run.

If you want to be a Premiership big boy - Although, aslo important, I don't think concentration on 'people' on your door step is as anywhere near as relevent as it was 115 years ago when Goodison was built. A lot may not like the fact but people travel from all over to watch the blues. These days people are a lot more mobile a lot don't stay in the same street or area they where born or even the same city of county.

Its not like we are moving to a remote part of the lake district -

I really don't think kids choose a team to follow becasue its the one on their doorstep - you my get a handful, but are there not doorsetps in Kirby - Swings and roundabouts.

I actually thing if the infrastructure is better to getting to a site in Kirby then you will probabley make up for anybody whi can't be bother to travel from the city, by those who travel from 'out of town' so to say.

I am not that bothered if it Liverpool City people or others who spend the money and increase Everton's revenue.

You either realy dont get my issue or you being smug.

Imagin you passed your driving test and your awl fella took you out to buy a car (new stadium), you know fook all about cars and he takes you right to the skoda garage (Kirkby), refuses to let you look in any other garages (anywhere in liverpool) and tells you the skoda is the best car available. You buy the skoda because daddy said so!

Have you got the best car or were you led down the garden path into something you were told was the best deal for you even though you didnt know any different?

That's what BK has just done to the majority of Evertonians, Kirkby suits him because the ground work has been done and he's mates with the Tesco bloke but easy & deliverable or not nobody knows weather that offer can be bettered and now he has the say so of the fans the deal can be signed any time!!