IGNORED

A Statement From The Club...

Louis

If you want to be a Premiership big boy - Although, aslo important, I don't think concentration on 'people' on your door step is as anywhere near as relevent as it was 115 years ago when Goodison was built. A lot may not like the fact but people travel from all over to watch the blues. These days people are a lot more mobile a lot don't stay in the same street or area they where born or even the same city of county.

Its not like we are moving to a remote part of the lake district -

I really don't think kids choose a team to follow becasue its the one on their doorstep - you my get a handful, but are there not doorsetps in Kirby - Swings and roundabouts.

I actually thing if the infrastructure is better to getting to a site in Kirby then you will probabley make up for anybody whi can't be bother to travel from the city, by those who travel from 'out of town' so to say.

I am not that bothered if it Liverpool City people or others who spend the money and increase Everton's revenue.

Rob why do you support Everton? I support because it's my local club, now my kids local club is Liverpool and working on the mentality I strongly believe in, you should support your local club we will loose masses of future evertonians (dont bother with the, why dont you support Marine argument it's childish!).

Kirkby is local to fazak, Huyton, Croxteth, Aintree & Kirkby do you realy think 13/14 year old lads from Speke & Garston are gona travel the length of Liverpool to sit in our retail park stadium when they can travel half the distance & sit in Liverpool's stadium close to town and relativly easy to get to from all over the city????

im an evertonian because my dad is, ive got family in formby, wigan, jersey, whiston, rainhill, warrington, london, florida, all evertonians because thats the way our family were brought up. we all generate back to page moss, but even thou my family has spread far and wide, we still support everton.

I understand and agree steve but the people who pick themselves up and go the match week in week out are overwhelmingly local we are unique in that way, turn us into another bolton and our future is like that 20% of bolton support the mancs cos if youve gota travel you may as well travel to a successful team.

Us and the shite, ring any bells???

Rob why do you support Everton? I support because it's my local club, now my kids local club is Liverpool and working on the mentality I strongly believe in, you should support your local club we will loose masses of future evertonians (dont bother with the, why dont you support Marine argument it's childish!).

Kirkby is local to fazak, Huyton, Croxteth, Aintree & Kirkby do you realy think 13/14 year old lads from Speke & Garston are gona travel the length of Liverpool to sit in our retail park stadium when they can travel half the distance & sit in Liverpool's stadium close to town and relativly easy to get to from all over the city????

That's a wonderful idealistic and romantic view of football, and if that's how it worked through out the county and all supporters and clubs played by the rules then great, but it doen't really work like that in this day and age - and I think you know that.

A club is much more likley to get a young kid supporting it if is doing well and is competative and the superstar players play for them. This is the age of the celebrity, the top 4 and the Champions League, Sky TV and world wide audiences, corporate hospitality and merchandiing. A fraction is to do with how local it is.

The amount of young kids I have seen walking around in Chelsea kits of the past three years amazes me. No way can this be a coincidence. I don't ever remember seeing kids in Chelsea shirts 5 or 6 years ago. They are everywhere now.

I support Everton, becasue my father supports Everton and thats what I grew up on, my sons will hopefully be the same - (I am not shelling out on any f*cking Chelsea shirts!!!)

That's a wonderful idealistic and romantic view of football, and if that's how it worked through out the county and all supporters and clubs played by the rules then great, but it doen't really work like that in this day and age - and I think you know that.

A club is much more likley to get a young kid supporting it if is doing well and is competative and the superstar players play for them. This is the age of the celebrity, the top 4 and the Champions League, Sky TV and world wide audiences, corporate hospitality and merchandiing. A fraction is to do with how local it is.

The amount of young kids I have seen walking around in Chelsea kits of the past three years amazes me. No way can this be a coincidence. I don't ever remember seeing kids in Chelsea shirts 5 or 6 years ago. They are everywhere now.

I support Everton, becasue my father supports Everton and thats what I grew up on, my sons will hopefully be the same - (I am not shelling out on any f*cking Chelsea shirts!!!)

The idealistic view is exactly what everton is about we are still that team to the core and that's what makes us different from the rest all this talk of forget your history & tropheys "you will never be everton" died today and we became one of the masses when we devided our fans!!

My Dad didn't support Everton nor did my grandfathers!.....I don't live near

Everton.I started supporting them back in the early 70's as a lad who I guess

was chosen!.......My son supports the Blues,and I will work very hard to make

sure his and my daughters children become Blue.

What if the rs have a few bad years and Everton continue to improve....we will

get the new kids coming to watch us.

When we beat Wimbledon 3-2 to stay up!...What if we'd lost,gone down....crap team

out of the prem for who knows how long!Would people have stopped coming!

We've got/will have in the next couple of days a very good squad,good young players,

a good manager and were a top 6 team.......keep winning,and people will keep

comming.

If the rs slump under Rafa......luck goes against them!Gerrard gets injured and they

lose quite a few games in their new stadium.....watch the glory hunting fans stay away.

One BLUE'S worth 20 red.

YOU MUST BE LIVING ON THE DOORSTEP THEN IF EFC ARE YOUR LOCAL CLUB........... ARE YOU SAYING YOU DONT HAVE AN AGENDA TO PUSHING THE NO VOTE THEN........................................................

You either realy dont get my issue or you being smug.

Imagin you passed your driving test and your awl fella took you out to buy a car (new stadium), you know fook all about cars and he takes you right to the skoda garage (Kirkby), refuses to let you look in any other garages (anywhere in liverpool) and tells you the skoda is the best car available. You buy the skoda because daddy said so!

Have you got the best car or were you led down the garden path into something you were told was the best deal for you even though you didnt know any different?

That's what BK has just done to the majority of Evertonians, Kirkby suits him because the ground work has been done and he's mates with the Tesco bloke but easy & deliverable or not nobody knows weather that offer can be bettered and now he has the say so of the fans the deal can be signed any time!!

Heres one for uou.

Say having passed your driving test on your 17th birthday your awl fella said heres £8000 go and get yourself a car(financial package sorted) but your uncle says dont do that one day you might win the pools and be able to get yourself a top of the range Austin Martin. (no financial package)

So you take his advice and wait to win the pools , meanwhile all your mates pass there tests and go on to buy their own cars (Getting left behind) and you drift apart because you have now all got different interests ( possibly relegation)

Then on your 70th Birthday you still havent won the pools and so no Austin Martin you think back and wonder what life might have been like had you bought that car afterall

You make some fair points but thats a joke lad how can you call a proposal that's been allowed no time to develope "half baked"? They need to gather all the info to make a decent pitch and you cant do that in a few weeks. If they published a plan without the necissary info (like everton have!) that would be half baked but taking a few weeks to prepare an informative proposal is the way it should be done and that time frame was a godsend to the club because they could push through a rushed vote to try and kill off any opposition.

I have a sneeky feeling the board will rush trough finalising the Kirkby deal to kill of the loop proposal before it grows and when that happens you will see how underhanded they have been.

GoldfishMemory i agree with everything you say, this board are a disgrace for even thinking about moving Everton out of the city. But i still feel we havent reached the end of this story yet. We are but on the last chapter. I can see big movements against the board from KEIOC, and the real fans who want Everton to stay at home.

The annyoing thing is those people who wasted their vote by not voting could have made a difference.

THOSE that didnt cast a vote were probably undecided about whether to move to Kirkby or not, OR perhaps they were happy whichever way the vote went knowing that they would follow Everton no matter what. so dont assume that they wasted their vote.

So Kirkby it is. Look on the bright side, at least its not Speke.

I find the argument that because the ground is going to be in Kirkby no one is going to go bizarre. I lived right in the centre of the City on Catherine Street and I went the match. My family moved to Skem, and we still went the match. I moved to Staffordshire with work, and I still went the match...and now I live in Oxfordshire with my wife, and I still go every home match. It's either in your blood, or it's not, and if 4 miles is enough to make you not go, then it's obviously not. Remember we had a falling out last time we moved, a long, long time ago....and we all know what become of the ones who refused to move......

It's done, and the futures as bright as we want it to be.

THOSE that didnt cast a vote were probably undecided about whether to move to Kirkby or not, OR perhaps they were happy whichever way the vote went knowing that they would follow Everton no matter what. so dont assume that they wasted their vote.

So Kirkby it is. Look on the bright side, at least its not Speke.

You cheeky twit, I live there what the fucks up with it? at least we would be in liverpool and its easy access to the motorway.

Edited by Blue4Ever

All very good theories being put forward so heres mine, but the proof in the end will be in the pudding.

The board claimed this deal will give us more revenue so we can compete with the "Big Clubs"

An extra 10.000 seats can give us ten million more transfer funds was another claim.

The present takings on our seasonal average of 36.000 gives us a million pounds for a home game...... average price of a ticket £30 x 36.000 = £1.008.000, the season just gone we had 18 league games and 2 cup games roughly about 21 million.

I have already pointed out in another thread that for us to get another ten million pounds on takings we would have to increase our seasonal average by nealy 50% which would need to be a 54.000 average over the season, and seeing that in over 100 years we have only ever got to 51.000 average once in 1963/4 when we had without any doubt the best team in the land with a ground that could accomodate 75.000 but in order to achieve that we had one gate of 72.000 and several gates over 60.000 and most others over 50.000, so in the ground they are talking about as being the "Deal of The Century" there is no possible way they can do that.

I would be very surprised if they could even average 40.000 which would give an increase of about 2 million over the Season, which would have course then be taken away by the payments for the land rent, the stadium rent, and in fact we will probs be a lot more in Debt than we are now.

People who travel to the games from long distance will probs still go unless they feel very strongly about it, its the walking supporters who had a pint in the local near by and then walked, also those who met up with their mates for a drink in town and 4 or 5 would jump into taxi's to the game, then the Shiel rd circular 26 and 27 bus route from all ends of the town would bring in locals all morning, It wont be so easy to get to Kirkby.

In fact the more i think of it i dont think the average will increase at all, the Deal of the Century was sold to the public with quotes and figures that just dont add up.

Good name for the new Stadium .................... Pink Elephant Arena. :)

All very good theories being put forward so heres mine, but the proof in the end will be in the pudding.

The board claimed this deal will give us more revenue so we can compete with the "Big Clubs"

An extra 10.000 seats can give us ten million more transfer funds was another claim.

The present takings on our seasonal average of 36.000 gives us a million pounds for a home game...... average price of a ticket £30 x 36.000 = £1.018.000, the season just gone we had 18 league games and 2 cup games roughly about 21 million.

I have already pointed out in another thread that for us to get another ten million pounds on takings we would have to increase our seasonal average by nealy 50% which would need to be a 54.000 average over the season, and seeing that in over 100 years we have only ever got to 51.000 average once in 1963/4 when we had without any doubt the best team in the land with a ground that could accomadate 75.000 and to achieve that we had one gate of 72.000 and several gates over 60.000 and most others over 50.000, so in the ground they are talking about as being the "Deal of The Century" there is no possible way they can do that.

I would be very surprised if they could even average 40.000 which would give an increase of about 2 million over the Season, which would have course then be taken away by the payments for the land rent, the stadium rent, and in fact we will probs be a lot more in Debt than we are now.

People who travel to the games from long distance will probs still go unless they feel very strongly about it, its the walking supporters who had a pint in the local near by and then walked, also those who met up with their mates for a drink in town and 4 or 5 would jump into taxi's to the game, then the Shiel rd circular 26 and 27 bus route from all ends of the town would bring in locals all morning, It wont be so easy to get to Kirkby.

In fact the more i think of it i dont think the average will increase at all, the Deal of the Century was sold to the public with quotes and figures that just dont add up.

Good name for the new Stadium .................... Pink Elephant Arena. :)

Totally agree, as I've just posted on another thread I can see our average falling below the current of 36k. Can't understand why people think having a bigger capacity will equal a bigger attendance, it won't! Look at the Riverside!!

A very good point you made is that a lot of people go for the social side (as well as the game), the meeting up with mates in pubs they've been going to for years. Admittedly there's been games that I've been to that part of me wanted to stay at home but the thought of 5 pints beforehand was the encouragement (I'm not an alcoholic). The good thing about Walton/County Road is the abundance of 'meeting places'.

Ok it's not a dealbreaker but t's another consideration.

I voted No, and live in Northern Ireland. I believe that if u remove the club from its roots, you remove the essence of what the club is all about. Sure why dont we change our name to Kirkby Toffees, a la Milton Keynes Dons. I really think this has jeopardised the long term security of the club, rather than solidify it. The stadium will look brilliant with no fans in it, which is what will happen if we dont become a regular championship winning side. Its a massive gamble to be taking.

A lot of emotion here, a lot of heart and soul searching for many and it's not the time for arguing....but I've got to pull you up on this, however gorgeous you may be.

Milton Keynes is sixty-two miles from Wimbledon. There was no consultation. There is no comparison.

You cheeky twit, I live there what the fucks up with it? at least we would be in liverpool and its easy access to the motorway.

SIMPLY, Speke is further away from Goodison (and our main supporter base) than Kirkby. That’s all.

Oh, and I hear you are a bunch of foul mouthed yobs but I cant imagine where that rumour came from ;)

Im a bit disappointed but whats done is done, suck it up guys, its gonna happen. All this im not gonna go anymore makes me sick, how the hell can we critisize rooney about loyalty when half our fan base says they wont go because 5 miles it to far. We should just be happy that we are moving forward & building a good team who will be playing in a decent stadium. Will everyone who stops going be happy if the club falls apart & we slip down the leagues? Will they be happy when they sit at home saying, i knew this would happen? As for atmosphere at the new ground, thats down to us, we can make the atmosphere every bit as good as Goodison. We need to pull together make sure we dont go down the same road as Boro. All we have to do is stay loyal & make our new home, a home.

This is just my opinion, We need to pull together & stop moaning, we're not kopites ffs.

Looks like a fooking TESCO Petrol Station! We aren't going to fill it. They are relying on the extra 90 or so boxes. Football is now business. Funny think is how they expect business men to travel to there... any extra profit will get eaten up by the extra debts. Do the maths - extra debt guaranteed to be incurred. Extra income will not happen as planned equals more debt. The only possible advantage is that Billy Blue hat gets to increase the value of his share and sell up - so he's pretty damned happy. Hows he going to fund it? By having our big money deals conveniently fall appart. If Moyes wasn't so good at running the team we'd be up shit creek Kenwrong would have sold up and we'd have had a new owner and more investment. It's a disgrace.