IGNORED

Rhys Jones

Firstly I would like to thank all of our members for their kind words over the past few days especially since we found out Owen Jones was a registered member 'GreatOJ', as usual the Everton family draws together at times of loss and I'm sure you would all be willing to help the family in any way you could at this sad time.

The team here at ToffeeTalk have decided we would like to add our tribute to the young blue and pass on our condolences to Rhys's family Melanie, Stephen and Owen Jones.

rhysfamilyiw3.jpg

I would like to extend to you all the opportunity to make a donation to the ToffeeTalk fund for Rhys. Over the next few days I will accept donations via PayPal and at the end of the week purchase something on behalf of us 'Thinking Evertonians' as a small gesture to the family. It takes a few minutes to set up a PayPal account if you don't already have one and a credit / debit card to enable a cash payment from your bank account into PayPal and then make a deposit into our collection.

Anybody who is interested in donating to the collection can do so by going to the send money tab in their paypal account and entering the following email address.

gt4dd102@hotmail.com

Enter the amount below, select GBP - Pounds Stirling & check the Service/Other option before continuing with the transaction until completion.

Any amount you can afford would be greatly appreciated, we understand everybody has differing levels of expendable income and please do not feel bad if you cannot afford to. This collection is on behalf of all members here at ToffeeTalk in memory of a fellow blue whose life was tragically cut short by mindless violence.

rhys1rv8.jpg rhysdx0.jpg

We would also like to invite suggestions for a suitable purchase preferably something, which could be kept by the family, and if we collect enough I will also arrange some flowers to lay outside the Fir Tree pub in Croxteth with all the other tributes.

RIP Rhys a fellow blue taking his place amongst the rest of our departed friends but such a waste of a young life!

I'm very glad this is happening and much appreciate your efforts Liam. Difficult to know what to give but an idea I ran past a few people earlier on...not a religious person at all but....thought maybe an Everton keepers shirt, signifying that he's in safe hands now. Quite prepared to accept it if people think it's a stupid idea, but it's all I can come up with at the moment.

I like the keepers shirt idea please keep them comming tho people.

I thought maybe one of those panoramic views of Goodison (I like them alot ;) ) an I could get a little plaque made up to fix to it with a memorial inscription of some kind (theres a trophey shop / engravers just by my work).

Again like Mike just offering up an option the more ideas we get the more fitting the tribute will be.

Owww just had a cracker of an idea, a company who do some laser cutting for me cut me a 15" high stainless steel everton badge the other day as a little thank you maybe I could get them to do one of those with "in memory of Rhys Jones, toffeetalk.com" instead of nil satis nisi optimum. Just another idea for the pot!

Just a thought!.....Wont Everton be doing quite a bit behind the scenes to perhaps

help the family?And surely all the shirts and boots etc left by the players will be

passed on to Rhys's family.Obviously an Everton link to anything that will be

arranged through Toffee Talk would be nice.....but perhaps their house will be full

to overflowing with Everton items!

Ok some have had some nice thoughts on here....and What else could you possibly

get?I can't think of anything.

I did wonder if we could contact Rhys's brother Owen....on here as he is a member,

just to see if he could perhaps come up with something unique about Rhys that you

could then use to help select an appropriate item.

Happy to donate,please keep us informed.

I'd like us to donate a cup/trophy for Liverpool County FA called the Rhys Jones Memorial Cup and invite u11s squads to compete for it.

Thats a fuckin excellent idea but wouldnt we have to buy in big time and organise events every year and stuff? I don't know how the kid's football thing works but it could be a massivly fitting tribute.

I work with a bloke heavily involved in kids footy so I'll get some info off him!

Just had an afterthought maybe the 'Rhys Jones memorial player of the season trophey, in association with ToffeeTalk.com' for his football team in Croxteth!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

You leave it to the organisers of the league they will fit it in with their fixtures, probably Rhys's brother OJ will be able to tell you which league Rhys's team played in. You just Donate the trophy to the LEAGUE explain what its for, what you want to call it, and they do the rest.

What a brilliant Idea Louis.

I'd like us to donate a cup/trophy for Liverpool County FA called the Rhys Jones Memorial Cup and invite u11s squads to compete for it.

Nice idea!.........Will keep Rhys's name alive.In years to come the future u-11's will

want to know about the boy the trophy is named after.

ive only just now found this thread, some excellent thoughts, my parents are thankful of all collections, as for rhys' football team i am not sure whether they are continuing to play as the manager/coach and players have all been greatly affected, thankyou again for anything that you have/might do,

Owen

• 2 weeks later...

To update everyone the ball is rolling on a plan which we will disclose when we have finished comunicating with the relevant people but for now I just wanted to take this chance to thank everyone who has made a donation and also remind anyone still wanting to donate that the collection is still very much open.

So thank you all for your support & if you are still looking to make a donation the details are below,

Anybody who is interested in donating to the collection can do so by going to the send money tab in their paypal account and entering the following email address.

gt4dd102@hotmail.com

Enter the amount below, select GBP - Pounds Stirling & check the Service/Other option before continuing with the transaction until completion.

Any amount you can afford would be greatly appreciated, we understand everybody has differing levels of expendable income and please do not feel bad if you cannot afford to. This collection is on behalf of all members here at ToffeeTalk in memory of a fellow blue whose life was tragically cut short by mindless violence.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...