IGNORED

Welcome Yakubu

Louis

I will be disappointed if he DOES play, He skipped training with BORO and not sure he's trained for two weeks.

Johnson and Victor should start, maybe Yak on the bench, you know what DMs like, nobody just walks into the side.

That's exactly what you want Vic to do though - walk into the side. His performances this season have been utter shite, he's been injured and Faddy scored to steal us a point last week. Yak should be on the bench with aj and faddy upfront and Vic stay at home and train harder because he's knackered after 10minutes.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is where we have to have patience and belief in DM, previously the team picked itself but now with the extra squad numbers comes the extra pressures.

Everybody has different views on selection, such as ... Mc fadden should play, Piennaar should play, Jags should play, Yak should play, drop neville, drop hibbert, Annichebe is crap, and one of our top performers last season Carsley is not even getting a mention, not even on the subs bench.

I have my own theory on who should and who shouldnt play but we will have to believe DM will get it right.

This is where we have to have patience and belief in DM, previously the team picked itself but now with the extra squad numbers comes the extra pressures.

Everybody has different views on selection, such as ... Mc fadden should play, Piennaar should play, Jags should play, Yak should play, drop neville, drop hibbert, Annichebe is crap, and one of our top performers last season Carsley is not even getting a mention, not even on the subs bench.

I have my own theory on who should and who shouldnt play but we will have to believe DM will get it right.

We already know, Neville, Stubbs Carsley Osman & Mcfadden will play against Bolton when they shouldnt. We have better in Lescott Jagielka Pienaar & Yakubu bu because moyes likes to play a scrappy long ball game theres wont play because he wants the battlers in. So no he wont get it right IMO :(

You can't deny that so far Vic has been crap, he doesn't deserve to play. I don't mind if he doesn't run around like AJ but not jumping for headers is a joke. I've only ever seen him play well once, and for that game I thought I was wrong about him but since then he's gone back to looking like he doesn't want to be on the pitch. Once Vaughan is back and fit he should be loaned out to teach him that he can't just huff and puff and watch the game go on around him.

You said Carsley was one of our best performers last season. Like you said last season, we're now onto a new season and he's been average at best. Maybe dropping him for Jags will give him the kick up the arse he needs, but to me his reading of the play (which is something a DM needs to do well) has slowed right down, and is pretty non-existent now. Jagielka deserves to play ahead of him this weekend, and once (or if) Jagielka loses form I'll have no problem with Carsley coming back in.

You can't deny that so far Vic has been crap, he doesn't deserve to play. I don't mind if he doesn't run around like AJ but not jumping for headers is a joke. I've only ever seen him play well once, and for that game I thought I was wrong about him but since then he's gone back to looking like he doesn't want to be on the pitch. Once Vaughan is back and fit he should be loaned out to teach him that he can't just huff and puff and watch the game go on around him.

You said Carsley was one of our best performers last season. Like you said last season, we're now onto a new season and he's been average at best. Maybe dropping him for Jags will give him the kick up the arse he needs, but to me his reading of the play (which is something a DM needs to do well) has slowed right down, and is pretty non-existent now. Jagielka deserves to play ahead of him this weekend, and once (or if) Jagielka loses form I'll have no problem with Carsley coming back in.

That's exactly what you want Vic to do though - walk into the side. His performances this season have been utter shite, he's been injured and Faddy scored to steal us a point last week. Yak should be on the bench with aj and faddy upfront and Vic stay at home and train harder because he's knackered after 10minutes.

You said Anichebe is shite but I bet you were screaming for moyes to bring him on against Blackburn, if he wasn't on the bench and didn't come on maybe we would have lost.

You said Anichebe is shite but I bet you were screaming for moyes to bring him on against Blackburn, if he wasn't on the bench and didn't come on maybe we would have lost.

I wasn't actually. What exactly did he do to help us score? Other than be like Heskey and fall over because someone touched him.

What have i just said in my previous post, we all have different views on who should or should not play, its always going to be that way but we dont pick the team.

It might not be the team i would like, it might not be the team you would like, I'm just saying we need to believe that DM will get it right.

I wasn't actually. What exactly did he do to help us score? Other than be like Heskey and fall over because someone touched him.

he was there to put pressure on the oppositions defence in case u didnt notise Samba was over the moon when we hit it up because he only had to win Johnson in the air, when Victor came on Samba was all over the place because we had someone who could nock him around a bit. You must have been one of the only people who didnt want Victor to come on because in the first half Mcfadden was shite.

he was there to put pressure on the oppositions defence in case u didnt notise Samba was over the moon when we hit it up because he only had to win Johnson in the air, when Victor came on Samba was all over the place because we had someone who could nock him around a bit. You must have been one of the only people who didnt want Victor to come on because in the first half Mcfadden was shite.

If I don't rate a player very highly I'm hardly going to want him to come on am I? He didn't do much when he came on, yes it was harder for Samba but he still didn't jump for headers. All he does is back in and to succeed in this league you need more about you than shoving your arse into someone. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love for him to succeed and show me he can do more because you need all the strikers you can get at the top level. I think a loan move would be beneficial to him.

Have to say I agree with just about all thats been said on this thread but on the subject of not jumping for headers, now I know AJ is small (and I love him for his running and effort) but he is the worst Ive seen when it comes to jumping for headers. He reminds me of some kids at primary school when the goalie kicked the ball out high and they would make a pretend effort to jump for the ball knowing very well that they misjudged it to avoid getting a headache.

Vic is a bit ordinary but will be useful coming off the bench, at least until Vaughan comes back.

Edited by Maghull70

lol 2 problems with the picture of Yak and Moyes...

1. Yakubu looks like he could hurt you just by looking at you.

2. The lighting looks all wrong as if Everton have super imposed the image....or is it just my dodgy eyesight?

At the christmas party this year owing to the trouble caused last year by gatecrashes...

......Yakubu and Lescott will be meeting guests at the door.......don't even walk past that

door if you haven't got a ticket!

Also did you notice on the pictuer of Moyes and Yakubu.....Yakubu's right hand is behind

the Everton shirt with Moyes'e testicles in them......confirming he WILL be playing at Bolton.

Just check Moyes's face.

If I don't rate a player very highly I'm hardly going to want him to come on am I? He didn't do much when he came on, yes it was harder for Samba but he still didn't jump for headers. All he does is back in and to succeed in this league you need more about you than shoving your arse into someone. Don't get me wrong though, I'd love for him to succeed and show me he can do more because you need all the strikers you can get at the top level. I think a loan move would be beneficial to him.

Maybe It would but we need all the strikers we can get at the min.