IGNORED

Pienaar

L_Blue

Just wondering if everyone knows something about him that I don't. When we found out that we weren't gonna buy Fernandes people were saying why don't we get a good wide player and then we can think about moving Arteta to the centre and things like that well Pineear is left sided! Even now looking at the thread on possibly getting Appiah everyones idea of what the team should be if we got him does not seem to include Pineear. I thought Osman was pretty crap against Blackburn and would like to see Pineaar given a chance instead of him. I am just wondering why there don't seem to be any more threads wondering why we aren't playing this guy, from all the stories about him he was supposed to be something special a few years ago. Has anyone heard that he is crap or something and not told me, or would everyone else like to see him get a chance in our midfield?

Edited by L_Blue

you answered your own question...."he used to be special"

From what I see, he needs to regain his previous form that got him such rave reviews thus he is not going to just walk into the team.

How can he regain his form if he isn't being played? Nothing ventured, nothing gained and all that.

you answered your own question...."he used to be special"

From what I see, he needs to regain his previous form that got him such rave reviews thus he is not going to just walk into the team.

How did he answer his own question when he has not had a start yet to prove he's still as good, he looks a very skillfull and quick player on the ball, but again he's very small and doesn't look the strongest of players, im not writing him off tho I think he deserves a start.

Edited by Blue4Ever

How did he answer his own question when he has not had a start yet to prove he's still as good, he looks a very skillfull and quick player on the ball, but again he's very small and doesn't look the strongest of players, im not writing him off tho I think he deserves a start.

Expect Pienaar to be mostly a bench player until at least the 2nd half of the season. Moyes is very big into team chemistry and easing players into the lineup(that's why I wouldn't be surprised if Yak starts on the bench against Bolton and comes on the 2nd half).

Given the fact that he has hardly played, I think what he ahs shown has been promising. It is entirely fair to withold judgment at this time, but the lad has talent and has shown some good flashes already. I seem to remember the Wigan game where he made an almost instant impact with a clinical pass. This is the reason he was brought in. I think you will see his true worth when we actually stat playing more technical opposition where his vision and quick decision making will be on show. That said, it will be up to him to replicate his Ajax form. I think that is why Moyes has brought him in on loan as opposed to stumping up top wack for a player he is not 100% convinced by himself. The lad certainly is worth a look and has the potential to be very good. Lets get behind the boy and look at what he can do. I think too many times we are quick to criticise or undermine players prematurely. IMO, Moyes is doing a very good job in slowly building a young side that has the capability to seriously compete for trophies over the next 5 years or so, and to do that he needs a set of players with a range of skills so the team can be picked to suit the opposition, of which Pienaar is one. He will bring quick paced creativity to midfield and would suit a side building on quick breaks and sustained pressure on the opposition. I have seen him play for Ajax a few times, and he is very good. On his day, he is a show stopper. I just hope we do see a repeat of this form, but so far so good for me.

LOL true but like hes meant to be a good player and just because he hasnt started a game yet we criticise

Look at Lescott he was left out for a bit then look at him now!

Yep Sorry Heather.....just a little joke :rolleyes:

I have no problem with the guy.....he needs a chance!Wouldn't it be great if he came

good and Fernandes flopped!......or am I asking too much now?

That's 5 games and he has hardly been on the pitch, yet he has set up two extremely important moves resulting in goals, both linking with AJ putting him clean through with killer passes. More to come, I can assure you. I have said before about his form at Ajax, and the way he has started so far, IMO will be difficult to let him go after the loan spell. He could end up pricing himself out of a move here at this rate. Just a thought. Maybe this lad is not crap after all, you doubters :lol:

i agree that he's doin well. but to say he's priceing himself out of a move is abit to much.

lets just see how he does in a few more games.

plus the other point which is well documented when he signed there is a fee all agreed. if we want him we get him for 2.8 mill.