IGNORED

The Reaction To Last Night

jacko 1990

We are all as dissapointed as eachother!!! But to spout out some of this shit like craccer said is rediculous. We didnt play well against a poor teamm but i still fully expect us to go through. Next time we face these we will have Howard, Graveson, Pienaar, Arteta back and i presume this will be enough. I was gutted last night. I feel for AJ as he is low on confidence but i still would stick with him. He gives us so much more than any of our other strikers, (with the exception of JV) and to step up for the third penalty showed alot of bottle. Lets all just get behind the team and cheer them on in Ukraine, We WILL qualify

We are all as dissapointed as eachother!!! But to spout out some of this shit like craccer said is rediculous. We didnt play well against a poor teamm but i still fully expect us to go through. Next time we face these we will have Howard, Graveson, Pienaar, Arteta back and i presume this will be enough. I was gutted last night. I feel for AJ as he is low on confidence but i still would stick with him. He gives us so much more than any of our other strikers, (with the exception of JV) and to step up for the third penalty showed alot of bottle. Lets all just get behind the team and cheer them on in Ukraine, We WILL qualify

I think we all know we SHOULD qualify and that we most probably will do, the fact is Metallist weren't even championship standard and still, we didn't open them up on one single occasion. Our goal came from a corner, Johnson and Yakubu never went through on goal once, Metallist had the clearer chances and with some compsure they could have scored 2 or 3 easy. I don't care if we had've won 4-0, I said at half time when we were winning 1 0 it was embarrassing to watch and it was, we just have absolutely no class on the ball. I wouldn't have minded if we drew 0 0 but actually played decent football, any neutral supporters in the land who saw us play on tv against Blackburn and Metallist must wonder how on earth we managed to finish in the top 6. Yakub was no way shoved out on the wing, McFadden was out on the wing, possibly Johnson, but Yakubu was constantly down the middle and OCCASIONALLY dropped out to the left wing, fact is he was absolutely useless. Johnson didn't come close to scoring (again) except for taking two penalties (neither of which he won) and yet Yakubu was still substitued first, doesn't that tell you something? He was awful, lazy, didn't jump for a header and didn't put a tackle in, there's no excuse for not trying. Anichebe came on and actually put himself about, got in the box and made things happen, AJ spends too much time running down the wings and he seems to be on his heels a lot when balls go into the box, he seems scared to actually get a chance because he knows he will most likely miss.

I agree that Moyes options were pretty limited due to injuries, but still we should have had enough about us. Neville and Carsley are just so poor in 442 it's embarrassing, the sooner Gravesen is back the better, at least we'll be able to pass the ball again. I still can't believe some Evertonians didn't want him back, don't you actually watch Neville/Carsley in midfield? whilst in a 442 Cahill isn't a great deal better. I'm telling you now, if performances don't start to improve (and fast) Moyes will go back to 451 because he knows it works, and it does (for us).

on a positive note, Baines and Wessels impressed.

Edited by carlmc25

I must say last night's performance, really disapointed. I hope that stands as a wake up call to Moyes. Hopefully we can play in the next match, more competitively(though in saying that, we were more than competitive last night, just didn't take our chances), and take a win. Whilst it will be tough, we at least know who we are playing this time, and better tactics.

I can't understand all the fuss to be honest - As I mentioned the difference between a decent win and the 1-1 draw is basically down to a dodgy penalty desision. Simple as that.

We had to play with our key playmaker (and his back up) out, and we pull a face becasue the midfeild was a little disjointed at time.

We got caught on the break, while going for a second goal - rather than hang on to a 1-0 win.

The were some average to poor perfomances from the players, but Neville and Carsley are not in the squad for their creative flair and quality ball distrobution.

The 'opposition' where there to be attacked last night, but our creative midfeilders who where needed to prenetrate a defending team where just not available for selection. Couple that with, the ref, then is just wasn't meant to be last night as we just didn't get the rub of the green. Sh!t happens - I still think we have the players to get us through though

I can't understand all the fuss to be honest - As I mentioned the difference between a decent win and the 1-1 draw is basically down to a dodgy penalty desision. Simple as that.

We had to play with our key playmaker (and his back up) out, and we pull a face becasue the midfeild was a little disjointed at time.

We got caught on the break, while going for a second goal - rather than hang on to a 1-0 win.

The were some average to poor perfomances from the players, but Neville and Carsley are not in the squad for their creative flair and quality ball distrobution.

The 'opposition' where there to be attacked last night, but our creative midfeilders who where needed to prenetrate a defending team where just not available for selection. Couple that with, the ref, then is just wasn't meant to be last night as we just didn't get the rub of the green. Sh!t happens - I still think we have the players to get us through though

all fair points, although I don't think the ref had that bad a game tbh. The worry is last night wasn't the first performance of this nature, it's been the norm this season even with Arteta playing. Ok, we're not usually so gung ho at he back (we seriously could have let in a few goals last night, we were caught on the break the whole match) but going fwd there is so little creativity and threat it's worrying. I don't blame Carsley and Neville for being rubbish on the ball, they aren't creative players and both are excellent as a DM in a 5 man midfield, but Moyes should recognise they cant play in a 4 man midfield as they constantly invite pressure by giving the ball away and our attacks are breaking down constantly. All we do is pass it pedestrianly to the wings and get nowhere or hoof it up to Johnson/Yakubu who don't even jump for headers. The lack of link up play between AJ and Yak was also pretty disturbing, Yakubu better start trying harder than last night otherwise we could have another (albeit more expensive) James Beattie on our hands. McFadden was also diabolical (although not through lack of effort, more through lack of control and pace) but then he was shoved out on the wing where he is undoubtedly useless.

Last night we started off well for 15 minutes, then Metallist started to realise that we aren't actually very good so started to get more ambitious. I am fairly hopeful for the weekend tho, surely Moyes will get the players fired up after the embarrassment of last night, he must do. Be very interesting to see who plays up front.

moyes needs a goot kick up the fuckin arse what was that last nite a fuckin joke am tellin u now we aint gonna have a good season with that midfield yeah so we got cahill, arteta and grav to come back but this is what we gonna have if they injured/suspended he fukd up neville/carsley worts pairing u can get how can he not see it, osman shite hibbert i hate with a passion got caught far to up the pitch that lead to met goal, thats 3 games at home we havent won not good enuff imo

swap nev and hibbo and put jags in cm

johnson- lacking form itl come back

yakubu- seen him play in 2 games or did i, was terrible

we need 2 wingers and we are sorted put arteta back in middle with grav

pull ur finger out moyes or all be calling for ur head

Edited by toolio

No, they're there to break up the play and pass it to a player who can do something with it. And they didn't do either of those. So they can be criticised. Carsley should not have been brought into the team to replace Jagielka, it was a joke.

The thing that got to me yesterday was how badly we played. There wasn't any width and with that no back up for the full backs which meant that one of the central defenders drifted over to the full backs to help out which in turn left a huge game in the middle and on the other side. Osman never played on the wing once and was always drifting in the middle, Jimmy was too far forward. So on the left, where Osman was meant to be, Yak kept coming back. Even Johnson was coming back to get the ball and when your two strikers are recieving the ball to feet on the half way line you are having problems in midfield. The amount of times they got us a freekick on or near the halfway line should have been on the edge of the box. Neville had a 'mare and what annoys me most about him is the way he points to other people to go in 'spaces' when it's obvious it'd be better for him to take that position up. Also a few times he was running away with his back facing the ball which looked like he never wanted the ball.

One lad behind me said "AJ just doesn't know when and where to make a run", to which his mate replied: "noone does when Hibbert has the ball". And I thought, not a truer word spoken. Both Nevilles and Hibberts distribution was shocking. But in all fairness no one seemed to want the ball or even move into position to recieve it, and to be honest, it did look like some people on that pitch didn't want to be there.

I was just thankful that they were pretty bad and very wasteful of their chances.

Am disappointed but hopeful (dare I say expecting) us to go there and get a result.

I did not say a word from the 2nd penalty miss until i got home. Could not believe what happened. Now if we had sunk those 2 pens 3-1 and most of the utter rubbish written on this thread would not be here. The so called fans who want Moyes out on his head are absolute nobeds. Yes it was inexplically shit but thats a ridiculous comment.

Players thought it was too easy. The defence were non existent and like schoolboys with nobody doing their duties. Neville is shit and has been for a while. Fuck only know how he's our captain. Win in Kharkiv? Thats what we need to do and with the missing players from last night we should do it.

I personnal think the biggest problem last night was playing 4-3-3 and not being used to it and playing a team with so many players behind the ball and trying to break them down, with our creative players out.

It was never going to be a pretty game, especially given the player who where missing - basically the creative force in the squad.

Given what was available and on the bench, then you can't really see much of a different team selction to be honest. OK, you could argue Jaks for Carsley, Neville or Hibbert, but that is about it.

Given the team we had out and the way we played we basically still dominated the game from start to finish - they had no real sustained control of the game what so ever. It's not like we have been out played or anything like that.

Moyes went for an attacking line up, given the players available. Instead of being happy with a 1-0 win the team went for a second. Are those of you calling for his head the same people as those calling for his head last year against Spurs becasue he choose the defensive option.

Last night equalising goal was not much more than a sucker punch.

I did not say a word from the 2nd penalty miss until i got home. Could not believe what happened. Now if we had sunk those 2 pens 3-1 and most of the utter rubbish written on this thread would not be here. The so called fans who want Moyes out on his head are absolute nobeds. Yes it was inexplically shit but thats a ridiculous comment.

Players thought it was too easy. The defence were non existent and like schoolboys with nobody doing their duties. Neville is shit and has been for a while. Fuck only know how he's our captain. Win in Kharkiv? Thats what we need to do and with the missing players from last night we should do it.

Awsome post!

Exactly my view!

Why u all saying "Sack Moyes"? 1 bad Formational desicion, when we had no good midfielders to pick from xcept Jags?Who didn't even start!

Defence is awsome but last nite they fought they wouldn't have to even touch the ball, " hey Lescott lets walk back to our position, Lescott: yh sound Yobo lad" flipping joke!

But They now know they aren't going to be a Walk in the Park and hopefully we will have sum quality players back!!

(How long is arteta out for?)

Last night put me in the mind of when at the kids football,the parents(fathers) play

against the boys.....I'm talking u-9, 10's etc.Point being whilst the kids are pretty good

the dads should beat them, and whilst I don't remember the kids ever winning, the

games usually went along the lines of dads playing like headless chickens and where

as they could have just kept their heads and walked the games, the kids often took

advantage of the "better"opposition, and let the dads become their own worst enemies.

I know it's a strange way to look at it......but then I'm a bit strange.

It's football!.....doesn't matter what level, these things just happen.

Moyes will be working very hard(I hope) to stop it happening again.

One of the consequences of the late ko was my Sky+ running out before the last pen. According to the Mirror today Baines wanted to take it but Phil Neville took the ball off him and gave it to AJ, who has said...

“I maybe wasn’t as confident as the first one but I was confident I was going to score.”

....which means (to me) that he was never going to score it.

I'm sure though that I saw Faddy holding the ball and I assumed he was going to take it, could be wrong...it was a bit chaotic :) . Anyone got it on tape can tell me what really happened?

(Edit....just looked at the Everton TV coverage which was Channel 5's and it just shows the incident so no clue there)

Edited by MikeO

ok, maybe we didnt play well, but it should have been four or five nil and i feel the ref has a big part to play in that, he was awful.

if decsisions were made well, then aj wouldnt have had to take the pen again, and then would be confident for the one later on in the game. he should/could have had 3 goals from penalties.

all this talk of moyes out, start using your heads, it cant be 100% right 100% of the time, he is slowely bringing us back to one of the big 4/5/6.

lets start showing support and not getting on their backs.

Its been 4 days & im still fooked off about the game. This was the first time ive ever left before the final whistle, i just couldn't believe it when i saw AJ's 2nd disappear into the crowd. But, i still saw enough to truly believe we will get a result over there, as long as arteta is back that is. AJ & Yak will come good.

Its been 4 days & im still fooked off about the game. This was the first time ive ever left before the final whistle, i just couldn't believe it when i saw AJ's 2nd disappear into the crowd. But, i still saw enough to truly believe we will get a result over there, as long as arteta is back that is. AJ & Yak will come good.

at least we played a bit better today and only lost due to 2 defensive blunders. Even with a really poor team out we were a matrch for Villa (except for those mistakes). Jags made a bit of a difference, but whilst Gravesen, Arteta and Cahill are out I think we have to go 451. We just don't have the quality to open up teams with the present first team due to injuries, we need to get back to keeping clean sheets and trying to keep hold of possession and hope we pinch a goal, at the moment we don't look like scoring, we don't have enough of the ball and we can't keep any clean sheets. Can't wait for Tommy G to be back, the amount of good runs Baines makes and no one can find him. Another chance for Johnson and another miss, getting worrying now - I'd still play him tho as lone striker as no way can Yakubu play up front on his own. We need to get back to basics, start defending properly, start competing and grind out some results until we get our first choice players fit.