IGNORED

What Is Wrong With Phil Neville?

I've noticed a lot of negativity on this forum regarding Phil Neville. Ok he is not the most skillful central midfielder in the world but I actually think he has be quite good for us. I am far more worried about Hibbert at the moment. I would much prefer Neville at right back but still don't understand why so many on this forum think he is no good. I suspect it is because he used to play for united

Negativity seems to be a theme on this forum as there is constant criticism of Moyes as well.

When we get the Cahill and Gravesen back I think we have a really strong side. If we had signed manny then things would have been even more promising so I do expect another big bid for a creative midfield player in the January window. Cheer up and lets look forward to another impressive season.

My XI

Howard

Neville Lescott Yobo Baines

Arteta Gravesen Cahill Pienaar

Johnson Yakubu

subs

stubbs, hibbert, mcfadden/osman, carsley/jagielka, anichebe/vaughan

Edited by applelover

Negativity seems to be a theme on this forum as there is constant criticism of Moyes as well.

I don't think we're particularly negative, in fact we're certainly less negative than some sites...there's just a cross section of opinion that reflects Evertonians in general, same as you hear different views at the games.

Phil has admitted himself he's had a dodgy patch, what are we supposed to do, ignore it?

Not me mate!.....I have the Blue tinted glasses firmly nailed to my head!...But! I can see that Neville is not at his best in midfield.Whilst there is no option ie injury crisis, then so be it bit it's not pretty is it?

Example, the match Sunday against Borough, the ball broke for Neville in midfield and he advanced from the half way line towards their penalty area.A couple of players made runs and the defenders backed off him!....What did he do? Kinda turned sideways and went looking for something easy across the pitch!!!He had no intention of trying to create.Ok he has in the past made decent runs and played good passes(though not enough for a top 6 team!)....but I think the Borough players kinda felt safe letting Neville run with the ball ie no threat!!

Arteta, Pienaar, Gravesen and Cahill in the same position would have drawn the defenders to make space for others and or would have had the skill to create something.

Neville, loads of experence! not a bad right back! Not a good midfielder! and not a particulary

good captain, decent squad player when everyones fit!

Just my opinion....through my BLUE tinted glasses... B)

Phil Neville isnt good enough to be in our first 11, he's a ok rightback but I prefer Hibbert. He's terrible center midfield, we wont get far in the premiership without him out the team with his countless fouls on the edge of the area and his shite passing skills. What is he actually good at someone please tell me???