Aris Thessaloniki 13.415

Aberdeen 11.064

Zürich 9.869

AE Larissa 8.415

Aalborg 7.129

Brann 6.509

Elfsborg 4.478

Helsingborg 3.478

Given the likley pots for the group stage what would be you ideal group.

the more difficult /glamour group

B Munich

Sparta Prague

Everton

RedStar

Aberdeen

Or an easier/who are you group

AZ Alkmaar

Getafe

Everton

Mlada Boleslav

Helsingborg

I must admit if we are to get decent experience and feel as if you are in a proper european competion I would like to be in a more difficult group. 1. the experience will be better (for the team and for the fans)- 2.the players and fans will be well up for a B Munich clash, rather than a AZ Alkmaar game. 3. just make the competion feel more worth while (the difficult group could be a CL group). 4. I think the team would 'up' their game playing against a 'name' rather than a 'nobody' (no disrepect meant to team I have not really heard of). 5. we get to see better quality opposition and games hopefully.

All against - a bigger chance of going out at the group stage (but judging on Metalist and how Blackburn got beat away from home - there are no rubbish teams in the comp). So would rather get knocked out of the 'group of death' than the 'who are you group'

You get through a tough group - you really think you could go on and win the whole comp.

not villareal, not munich!

can we have aberdeen away please mr platini

I would love B Munich et al - If we are going to get some European games, I want us to be playing the biggest and best teams possible. (Otherwise its like saying I would rather be in the UEFA cup than the CL as its easier and we are less likley to get beat and win the competition - finacial implication aside!)

As craccer mentioned no easy games - so may as well pit your wits against famous european clubs - at least the player and fans will be well up for the romance of types of games. On paper harder games but in reality probably no harder.

As I said before, I want to be in any so called 'group of death' - Because you HAVE to raise your game. and thats what I want to see from Everton - Not hidding in the shadows against as low as ranked teams as possible.

B Munich are a season in season out CL team (unusually missed out this season), its not like we get lots of opertunities to play them in a competative game. This is what I want to see.

As for keep them for the final - bu99er that - Its a long road to the final - I want to play decent teams ASAP.

Lets see Moyes and the team stretched to the max in this seasons UEFA cup (it not like we are in it season in and season out ) - that will be the best indication of where we are!!!

We've done well to get into the third pot if you think about it, there are at least eleven teams (Ajax, Blackburn, Palermo, Sampdoria, Club Brugge, Dynamo Bucharest, Rapid Bucharest, Sochaux, Lens, Dnipro and Heerenveen..maybe more) who have a higher ranking than us who were knocked out last night....if they'd all won we'd have been in pot five with the minnows.

I posted my vote for our group on the Metalist thread, but since it's already buried under a flood of Yak criticism over there... :rolleyes:

I'd like to see us draw a group of Bordeaux, Sparta Prague, Copenhagen, and Aberdeen. Neither too easy nor too difficult, the travel wouldn't be too bad for the team, and there are some nice destination places for y'all to visit in that group, depending on which ones end up being the away games.

Tossing us in a group against both Bayern Munich AND Zenit St. Petersburg would probably qualify as a serious "group of death" (especially if you put Panionios in there too), though I get what some are saying about wanting to face the best. I was thinking about that myself - the only problem I had with it at this stage is that while it would be cool to play Bayern, playing them once is enough, and to win the thing coming out of their group the odds are good we'd have to beat them twice. Good luck with that.

I posted my vote for our group on the Metalist thread, but since it's already buried under a flood of Yak criticism over there... :rolleyes:

I'd like to see us draw a group of Bordeaux, Sparta Prague, Copenhagen, and Aberdeen. Neither too easy nor too difficult, the travel wouldn't be too bad for the team, and there are some nice destination places for y'all to visit in that group, depending on which ones end up being the away games.

Tossing us in a group against both Bayern Munich AND Zenit St. Petersburg would probably qualify as a serious "group of death" (especially if you put Panionios in there too), though I get what some are saying about wanting to face the best. I was thinking about that myself - the only problem I had with it at this stage is that while it would be cool to play Bayern, playing them once is enough, and to win the thing coming out of their group the odds are good we'd have to beat them twice. Good luck with that.

Away games would be against teams in Pots 2 and 5 I believe therefore would like Austria Vienna, Hamburg or Prague from 2 and one of the Scandanavians from Pot 5 (though it might be cold there around Christmas time)

Edit: Actually Zurich I guess would be a good place to visit in Pot 5

Edited by sheedysheedysheedy

But its not about visiting places its about EVERTON and whats best for EVERTON. I think we would do well in a medium to hard group simply because the players know what to expect and they dont want to let the fans down. I think we would get knocked out of a easy group because if we go into them games with the attitude as we did with Metallist (The Unknown) Karkhiv we would be goin out as quick as Everton in the Champions League (haha). But i think because everton now no not to underestimate anyone in this compotion we would do good . I am not sure what to expect of Everton in this UEFA Cup but I am confident that Everton wether we win the compotiton or fall at the second herdule I am sure they will make us fans proud.