IGNORED

Lescott V Mountfield

MikeO

Hopefully he might actually get a game. But then again, he's been too busy playing consistent, solid footbal to hav time to crawl up McLarens butthole. I'm wondering whether his call up is an appeasment to stop the general population criticising not including currently the most consistent and versatile defender in the country.

I'm not cynical, honest!!!! :P

Mountfields 14 goals were excellent for a defender!What's the best an Everton defender has done since?

Can Lescott match or beat 14 goals?.....Why not!As his confidence grows from scoring he will feel that he can get a goal from corners,free kicks and even as last night proved from open play.Some of his play last night was inspirational,having players like that in the team can only help to inspire others.He has speed,strength and a good touch and as he's proved knows where the goal is.Expect rich clubs sniffing at the door for him!!

Let's hope as he and Yobo gel into a partnership, that he even helps Yobo improve!

Lesscot is certainly notching them up - Not knocking what lesscot is doing but he will not get anywhere near Mountfeilds 14 goals, not because he is not as good as player. You have to remember the team Mountfeild played in and the amount of chances and goals the whole team scored over a season. Isn't that the year we won League, CWC and got to the FA cup final. A lot of game and a lot of chances. Our squad have a long way to go before they can be talked about in the same breath as that squad.

Arhh Happy days!!!!! :rolleyes:

Great man management skills from Moyes here

Joleon is having quite some season, but we have said all along I don't think there is a better left-back in the country when he plays there.

What do you reckon that does to Baines' confidence? He's already said he lacks confidence and now Moyes is coming out saying Lescott is better than him even though it's not his natural position. Idiot.

I understand what he's trying to do but it's one of many 'D'Oh' moments. It's ludicrous to suggest he's the best left back in the country. Don't get me wrong I'm a huge fan of Joley, but his best position is as a centre back and that's where he should be most praised. I imagine that comment will make Baines wonder why Moyes bought him.

i wouldnt think so, im sure baines knows hes our number one left back, as he should be!

Well Moyes thinks Lescott is better so he can't be our number one left back can he? He'd play Lescott over Baines it seems. I just hope Moyes spotted how shite Stubbs was the other night and sees sense and moves Lescott back into the centre.