Photo

Knighthood For Howard Kendall?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Does Kendall deserve a knighthood? (7 member(s) have cast votes)

Does Kendall deserve a knighthood?

1. Yes (3 votes [42.86%])

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. No (4 votes [57.14%])

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2007 - 18:02

What are everyone's opinion on this petition?

http://petitions.pm..../KnightKendall/

#2 MikeO

MikeO

Scars are tattoos with better stories.

• Admin
  • 39,428 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2007 - 19:51

What are everyone's opinion on this petition?

http://petitions.pm..../KnightKendall/

No chance at all.....he'd have needed domestic and European silverware over ten plus years. Only Ferguson has got one, apart from Alf Ramsay (possibly more but none spring to mind)...there's people ahead of him in the line if HMQ starts waving her sword at footie managers.

#3 Louis

Louis

Dixie Dean

• Admin
  • 13,611 posts

Posted 05 Oct 2007 - 20:39

That is also my opinion Mike, however I do think that maybe an MBE or OBE would be more applicable for a manager who was won the league thrice aswell as fa cup and the European Cup Winners Cup.

#4 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2007 - 07:59

i find it strange that knighthood can come to a sportsman.

once upon a time it was the biggest honour you could achieve to be knighted by the queen. i think these things get thrown around a little easy for my liking. there are much more deserving people who should be honoured, not necessarily knighted but obe and mbe maybe.

#5 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,428 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2007 - 11:06

once upon a time it was the biggest honour you could achieve to be knighted by the queen. i think these things get thrown around a little easy for my liking. there are much more deserving people who should be honoured, not necessarily knighted but obe and mbe maybe.

Once (and still) they're perks for top ranking civil servants, minor gentry and upper class pricks, unearned and undeserved. Far happier when they to go to popular heroes (Steve Redgrave for example) than faceless bureauocrats and royal lackies.

Also don't particularly like the "Empire" reference in the M/O/CBE, although as my great grandfather got an OBE I can live with it :D !

From a personal perspective I'd give HK a knighthood (a sainthood even :lol: ) for the times he gave me but realistically he ain't gonna get one. Surprised he hasn't got a minor gong already though.

Edited by MikeO, 06 Oct 2007 - 11:09.

#6 StevO

StevO

Blagging on the basis of knowledge

• Cyber Steward
  • 14,020 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2007 - 11:20

id much rather see the honours given to our military to be honest. im not gunna go off on a war rant, but if its for people that have contributed to britain, the lads and lasses fighting and dieing for britain deserve it more than sports stars imo

#7 MikeO

MikeO

• Admin
  • 39,428 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2007 - 11:41

id much rather see the honours given to our military to be honest. im not gunna go off on a war rant, but if its for people that have contributed to britain, the lads and lasses fighting and dieing for britain deserve it more than sports stars imo

Wouldn't disagree but I think civilian and military honours are completely separate things.

Edited by MikeO, 06 Oct 2007 - 11:42.

#8 Zed

Zed

Dave Hickson

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,031 posts

Posted 06 Oct 2007 - 14:01

In a word NO

Hes hardly a role model

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users