IGNORED

The Group

StevO

Not the 'romance' big european group I would have liked. No easy games in Euro, but if you had to pick a group that look easier on paper then you wouldn't go far wrong with the group we have got.

A group that Everton should expect to progress comfotabley from (don't forget the top 3 go through)

Zenith St Peersberg are joint top of the Russia league after playing 29 games and ahead of the like of Dynamo, CSKA and Locamotive Moscow, so they will be a very tough nut away from home, managed by Dick Advocate.

Blackburn where beaten 2-0 away at Larissa so, the group 'minnows' are no pushovers away.

If these are the away games then it will be tough to pick up points on the road.

Is right a long weekend in the dam just before christmas it just got sooooooooo much better :D

Was thinking the very same thing.. ticket or not i feel a jolly coming on!

its 30mins by train north of Amsterdam apparently.

- happy with the group and format of the games... at least we dont have to go all the way to Russia!

Fingers crossed our lads shouldnt suffer from all the travelling now

Matchday 1 October 25 Larissa Home

Matchday 2 November 8 Nurnberg Away

Matchday 3 November 29 No game -

Matchday 4 December 5 Zenit Home

Matchdat 5 December 20 Alkmaar Away

Best draw we could hope for in the grand scale of things - short trip away good for the squad (come the following saturday as much as anything) and the fans moneywise, we should have a larger away support considering the distance and ease of travel to these destinations, limited time of work etc - so no mad trips to the otherside of Europe and the freezing cold of Russia.

Larrisa at home should be 3 point to set us on our way (if we look at this any other way we should't be in Europe)

Long haul for a decent russian team so that is in our favor.

Win both homes games and nick a point on one of the away trips should get us through.

Don't fancy having to go to AZ needing something - hopefully a 'spare game'

AZ

Zenit

Everton

Nurnburg

Larissa

i dont think we done too bad here.

Poor Bolton!!!

>>>FULL-DRAW<<<

Yeah, Poor Sammy Lee. Couldnt have happened to a nicer bloke.

I'm happy with our draw. Weakest teams in our group we play at home and we wont have to travel all the way to Russia or Greece.

Group E seems to be the toughest group; Bayer Leverkusen, Sparta Prague, Toulouse, FC Zurich & Spartak Moscow. Think it will be tight this one, glad we avoided it.

All in all a great draw for us. It is a chance for Moyes and the boys to prove that they have learnt from the Metalist games, that just because you haven't hard of the opposition, it doesn't mean they aren't a bit tasty. I think we should go through, but will on;ly happen if our defensive sloppiness is sorted out and the players go out and play like Everton and not clueless novices.

I do think things are on the up and Yak relegation to the bench on Sunday I am hoping has given him a rocket for the derby. Desparately want to see a goal from him from decent play and team work, then I think he will start to settle, hopefully. Don't think any of the other teams will relish playing us, so we need to use that to our advantage.