IGNORED

The Group

StevO

I feel that a lot of people are overrating Nurenburg and underrating Larissa and Zenit.

Luckily we have both of those tough games at home.

Nurenburg are next to bottom in their league and haven't won at home yet this season (admitedly only 9 games in).

Bar last season they had finished low down in the bottom half for quite some time. They seem to have settled back into that this season.

Zenit on the other hand are equal top of the Russian league with Spartak Moscow with only 4 games to go, they have won the Russian cup a couple of times in the last few years and made it the quarter finals of the UEFA cup last season and their manager is Dick Advocaat the former Holland and South Korea manager.

Larissa beat blackburn and while Blackburn may not have played to their potential, we have close games with them every season and equally don't exactly excel when we need to. this won't be an easy game.

I hope to go to the AZ game but it seems like so many people are planning on going, most of which have a better chance of getting tickets than me and in their tiny 22,000 seater I don't fancy my chances!

It's a tough group actually.. There is no reason why any of the five clubs can't go through, we are all of similar ability and can beat anyone on our day.

03.jpg

It's not that cold in Saint Petersburg that you need leg warmers to keep warm is it? ;)

Your kit looks very nice - very similar to schalke 04!

"I hope to go to the AZ game but it seems like so many people are planning on going, most of which have a better chance of getting tickets than me and in their tiny 22,000 seater I don't fancy my chances!"

Where did you get that from wooney, i think its a smaller ground than that, 17.000 i think.

PS.... just found this ....

AZ's home ground in the 2005-06 season, the Alkmaarderhout, had a spectator capacity of 8,390.

In the summer of 2006, the club moved to a new 17,000 capacity stadium, the DSB Stadion. The club's chairman, Dirk Scheringa, is on record as stating that he wishes to expand the stadium.

So it might have been expanded in the summer of 2007.

Hm)) Nice picture)) About Schalke 04. This picture were made in May (game against Krilja Sovietov), when S04 fans come to Russia on bycycles. Zenit owner - Gazprom (I wish you know about this corporation B) ) became general sponsor of S04 in 2007, so we have got friendship with germans (and absolutely same kits). By the way we've got a joke, that S04 is our farm-club now))))

About the weather... don't worry, we will play with you in Liverpool)))

Zenit on the other hand are equal top of the Russian league with Spartak Moscow with only 4 games to go, they have won the Russian cup a couple of times in the last few years and made it the quarter finals of the UEFA cup last season and their manager is Dick Advocaat the former Holland and South Korea manager.

They're also from what I've heard the wealthiest (or at least the deepest-pocketed) club in Russia.

At the moment

Larissa is 9th in the Greek Super League (1 win, 1 loss, 2 draws)

Alkmaar is 12th in the Eredivisie (2 wins, 3 losses, 2 draws)

Nurnburg is 17th in the Bundesliga (1 win, 5 losses, 3 draws)

However, those seasons are all early on like the EPL - only Russia plays as a summer league

There are a lot of points of view on Gazprom in our fan environment. When Gazprom comes, their new club managment have fired head coach Petrzhela, from Czech Rep., because of his independance. With Petrzhela we've get quaterfinals of UEFA cup 2005-06, we were runners-up in russian league in 2003 with him. His teams always plays wittout any defense, but with crusual attack. There was a lot of scores like 4-3, 5-2...once we have been beaten 1-7 in Moscow))) So fans loves Petrzhela's team. But Gazprom think, that we couldn't get really big wins with this strategy. So now we've got worldknown Advocaat, with defensive models, but today we stay second in our league, having same number of points with leading Spartak Moscow.

As for mr, I dont like Gazprom managment, but I love their money))) In Petrzhela's times there were not money in our club, but we've got good team with domestic players. Nowadays we are the richest club in the world (Gazprom, who controlled most of russian oil and gaz, is #3 company in the world, according their assets). In winter transfer period we have get Ukraine best player 2006 Tymoshuk for 20 million $, argentinian Dominguez for 7, Russian national team striker Pogrebnyak for 10... But it's very bad that Gazprom just buy very expensive players, but does not develop club infrastructure, does not build new pitches for youth team... Thank God, they will build us new stadium, and since 2009 we will have new 65000 arena, which will be one of the best in Europe, because it's hard to play in our Petrovskiy with only 22000...

I feel that a lot of people are overrating Nurenburg and underrating Larissa and Zenit.

Luckily we have both of those tough games at home.

Nurenburg are next to bottom in their league and haven't won at home yet this season (admitedly only 9 games in).

Bar last season they had finished low down in the bottom half for quite some time. They seem to have settled back into that this season.

Larissa beat blackburn and while Blackburn may not have played to their potential, we have close games with them every season and equally don't exactly excel when we need to. this won't be an easy game.

I hope to go to the AZ game but it seems like so many people are planning on going, most of which have a better chance of getting tickets than me and in their tiny 22,000 seater I don't fancy my chances!

We have won the cup just twice in 1944 and 1999. And only one league triumph in 1984....

Some more unofficial information for you:

http://www.landscrona.ru/engl/

Munich, currently looking about 150 return

They have their own Airport (NURMBERG INTERNATIONAL) Found a good deal from London return £125...... And the times look right.

Lufthansa flies Nuremberg London/City non stop

Lufthansa is extending its direct connections from Airport Nuremberg: Since November 6, 2006, the famous “crane airline” flies Nuremberg – London non-stop on a daily basis (except Saturdays and Sundays). Passengers starting form Nuremberg airport will take off at 11am via London. The return flight via Nuremberg will take off at London/City at 1pm, thus arriving in the Franconian capital at 4:15pm.

Being one of the most important cultural, financial and commercial centres in the world, the United Kingdom’s capital is always worth a trip. What makes this new connection especially interesting for business trips is the London/City airport’s central location. The city centre is only a stone’s throw away and therefore reachable in no time.

Make your kitty happy by only paying 179 Euros from Airport Nuremberg to London/City and back – including taxes and airport charges. Prices valid for online booking at

www.lufthansa.com

Cahill will be chomping @ the bit for the FC Nürnberg or " Der Club " match.

They have 4 Australians in the squad.

Mick Beauchamp is a very good defender, Matt Spiranovic was poached by croatia & turned them down, whilst the Kid Dario Vidosic , is a yth /u/21/ Olympic ( they call them Ollyrooos ) super star.( played @ my localish club before euro move)

The biggest threat of the skippies if fit is striker Joshua Kenendy. ( last seen with long hair, big beard lookin like a fukin wolfman)

He makes Dunc & That Carston Janker look like midgets...!!! ( And can play a bit 2 )

Hi,

i`m a Fan from Nuernberg.

So pleas excuse my bad English.

you can fly to nuernberg directly.

i think the cheapest way is with airberlin (www.airberlin.de) from London-Stansted.

for some information you can also visit:

http://www.1fcnuk.com/home.php

or

www.fcn.de

I hope many Fans form Everton will visit your wonderfull city.

Best Regards

Nuernberg-Fan

Think that the Zenit game could be very tricky. They have Arshavin don't they? Quality player.

Looking forward to the return of Bakayoko, what a waste of space he was. The only thing he had going for him was the fact that he wasn't Mikel Madar

Damn! i thought the only thing i had going for me was that i wasn't mikel madar! guess im back to being useless!

Just been on bluekipper website.. they had someone posting overnight stay in Nurenberg cheaper than they were offering flights there and back, they deleted the posts and deleted the users who posted the deal.. bit iffy that. The best deals I've seen are all on www.travelsupermarket.com