IGNORED

Yak Arrested

Louis

Heard this as well on the radio yesterday. Doesn't bode well. However, if the club stick with him, as they did when Dunc had his run-in with the law, he may start waking up to the fact that this club is a good place to be and start pulling his weight.

That said, this should not affect his performance on the pitch, especially now that he will have to chauffered round until his license is sorted. Was the arresting officer a Liverpool fan??? Jusst thought I would ask. Just seems funny how this is all happening around Derby weekend???

EVERTON star Yakubu was stopped by police in Liverpool for driving without a UK licence.

The £11m striker was pulled over by officers carrying out routine stops and questioned when he showed Nigerian documents.

His luxury Bentley was then taken to a nearby police station while the 24-year-old arranged for a friend with an English licence to collect it.

It is understood the forward, real name Aiyegbeni Yakubu, will not have to re-sit a driving test but must apply for the UK paperwork.

A spokesman for Everton confirmed the incident, which happened on Smithdown Road, Wavertree and said the matter was with police.

A Merseyside police spokesman said: “A 24-year-old man was stopped by Merseyside police and he did not have a current UK driving licence. He was questioned in relation to that.”

Yakubu was not arrested or charged by officers and the incident is classed as a summary offence.

Merseyside police have recently taken to abandoning police stations and fighting crime in favour of standing on the side of the road pestering motorists. I was recently pulled over for no seatbelt and when I got out the car I counted 5 police cars, 2 vans, 15 officers an whan I asked how they new I had no belt on he told me they had a further 2 officers in bustops further down on each side of the road totaling 19 of the forces finest an the fuckers spend all day moaning about paperwork!! :rolleyes:

Basically he's just been unlucky an drove through one of these police money making traps.

You would think that clubs would instruct their players on stuff like this when they bring them over from other contries at young ages tho.