IGNORED

Mcfudge For Sports Personality Of The Year

MikeO

We managed to get him goal of the season (not just us I know but Blues in general), can we team up with Scotland and go one better and give him the big one? From the BBC...

JAMES MCFADDEN 40-1 (24, Scottish, Football)

The Scotland striker is being backed by his countrymen to gatecrash the Personality party after scoring the spectacular goal that sunk the French in Paris.

The Everton star bagged another in the 3-1 defeat of Ukraine, taking the Scots to the brink of Euro 2008 qualification.

A 2-0 defeat in Georgia has left their hopes hanging by a thread, leaving a must-win showdown against Italy on 17 November.

McFadden was down to 12-1 with a leading bookmaker at one stage after a patriotic plunge.

Don't actually know how or when the voting takes place....keep an eye out for it.

Yes I know Lewis Hamilton's going to win but it'd be great to get Jimmy the highest footballer or a place on the short list!

well im going to give him my vote. Just coz hes a blue :P

I don't follow the formula 1, so I may be wrong here, but from the outside looking in it appeared that Hamilton bottled it when he had the title all but sewn up. He only needed to finish 5th in the last race and didn't even do that. He had an exceptional season but if McFadden does actually fire Scotland through to the Euro Championships then I think he is possibly a worthy winner, it would be an incredible achievement considering their group and McFadden has been the inspiration. I know it may seem ridiculous considering he hasn't done a great deal for us, but if Scotland do actually qualify (and not fail at the last like Hamilton) then I think McFadden is a good bet.

I don't follow the formula 1, so I may be wrong here, but from the outside looking in it appeared that Hamilton bottled it when he had the title all but sewn up. He only needed to finish 5th in the last race and didn't even do that. He had an exceptional season but if McFadden does actually fire Scotland through to the Euro Championships then I think he is possibly a worthy winner, it would be an incredible achievement considering their group and McFadden has been the inspiration. I know it may seem ridiculous considering he hasn't done a great deal for us, but if Scotland do actually qualify (and not fail at the last like Hamilton) then I think McFadden is a good bet.

got it wrong there mate, he didnt bottle it, he made an error dropping him to 4th, then his gear box ecu died and he had no power, dropped to 18th and spent the rest of the race playing catch up, drove an incredible race to even get back to close. he finished 1point behind. misfortune, not bottled.

hamilton deserves it, but my blue heart tells me to vote for jimmy

got it wrong there mate, he didnt bottle it, he made an error dropping him to 4th, then his gear box ecu died and he had no power, dropped to 18th and spent the rest of the race playing catch up, drove an incredible race to even get back to close. he finished 1point behind. misfortune, not bottled.

hamilton deserves it, but my blue heart tells me to vote for jimmy

As I said, I don't really follow F1 at all but all I know is he apparently messed up in the second to last race and then in the final race you said yourself that he made an error and dropped to 4th. Personally, I think you have to look at Joe Calzaghe. Hamilton has many years ahead of him and he should win the young sports personality of the year, but Calzaghe at the end of the day, wasn't a nearly man, once again he got the job done and he's been unbeaten his whole career or something? unfortunately he gets no publicity and is never really on mainstream tv, but he's possibly Britain's greatest ever boxer and he's a winner.

Still, it'd be funny if McFadden won! :)

Edited by carlmc25

I'd rather Hamilton didn't win it personally, he's phenomenal and has had far and away the best début season by any F1 driver ever....but he did make mistakes that cost him the championship. Also no sportsman who thanks God in interviews should ever win anything in my book. It's so fucking annoying.

Paula Ratcliffe put herself in the running yesterday but (even though I'm not a big boxing fan) I think Hatton or Calzaghe deserve it. Will certainly vote for McFadden though....as many times as I can :D .

Hamilton for me altho i dont Vote in these things. Its already has been mentioned in previous posts that Calzahgi, and Hatton must have put themselves into the melting pot with great performances this year. I sometimes wonder if Hamilton was'nt meant to win it, he's got his team manager keeping him running on baldy tyres long enough to blow his Chances along wth the tyres, then he has his own Team mate Trying to run him off the track, but for a début season in F1 has there ever been any Better.

Mc fadden wouldnt win any Comps in our club never mind across the Country, so he's never going to be in the running.

As i said i wont be voting but if i did it would be for Hamilton.

The think with the last race is for that it was far too suspicious. Things kept going wrong with the cars and some woeful tactical decisions made things 10 times harder for Hamilton. But, I was thinking that the Ferrari 1+2 finish was something to do with the whole "Spygate" incident, just a conspiracy theory and do think that Kimi deserved to win it over Hamilton though.

My vote, exc Jimmy, would go to Calzaghe.

Brazilian footballers do it come rain or shine :)

As do 90% of Americans, makes me nauseous :sick01: . Hamilton actually claimed to have God in the car with him....surely having a co-driver is against the rules

Also, I agree with Licker; Hamilton for me, it was very unlucky what happened to him.

How very British, let's all vote for the plucky loser.

Three facts (well...two facts and an opinion)....

Hamilton will win.

One of the boxers should win.

I'll vote for Jimmy :D .