IGNORED

If Hibbert Left...

I used to like Hibbo, thought he was going to go from strenght to strenght, but i think that a lack of competition for the RB position has led to complaceny on his part. He may not have the desire or urgency to try and keep improving as a player as his starting place has never really been under any great threat.

This is not meant as an attack on his work rate or passion for playing football, just an observation on his growth as a player.

Yeah i agree. It just that I don't think he really adds anything to the team, just consitancy. A few years ago in our darker days that was almost enough, but now with lofttier ambitions and bigger challenges (ie europe) we need the team firing on all cylinders. Seeing what Baines brings to the team just highlights what Hibbert doesn't.

Edited by jamiemaher85

Think Jags has looked good but not great, but I would still like Hoyte here, i think he could bring something to the team and he's still young so should get better. Whatever happens I don't want to see Hibbert walikng onto the team sheet until he learns to pass the ball better. Wouldn't be that sad to see him leave as i think he need to look for a better player in that position if we really want to keep challengin for european places.

Edited by jamiemaher85

i don't know if i see jags as a fullback, and i certainly don't like pip there, even if he is better there

I'd like to see Hoyte in. Haven't seen much of him but he looks QUICK and young and what I have seen I've liked. Hibbo has definitely suffered, I used to really think he was an excellent defender but he just isn't doing the business at the moment - I certainly think the fans have gotten to him and now he just panics as he's so aware of the abuse he gets. Neville is definitely a decent enough rb and possibly Jags (tho I will judge him when he's played a bit more) but I think both lack a little pace and are not the most dynamic attacking players. I'd be delighted with Hoyte, I'd definitely try and snap him up.

I think Hoyte is seriously unproven over a full season playing in various competitions, which is what we're aiming for.

Lescott was unproven, so was Yobo etc etc whilst Valente was a proven winner and international, yet he's rubbish! I think if Moyes thinks Hoyte looks the business then it's well worth a shot. We have options there if it doesn't work out or he needs to be taken out of the team for a break, I doubt he'd be big money.

Wouldn't really want to slag Hibbert as he's an Everton player and for that alone deserves more and WANTS to play for us unlike some!

Sure he hasn't improved in the last couple of seasons, but as we wouldn't get perhaps much for him then surely to keep him as a squad player would be right....who knows he might even step it up in the fight for that position.

On his day he's not a bad defender.But I certainly think Moyes should maybe splash out if can find a good right back in the Baines mould.

On his day he's not a bad defender.But I certainly think Moyes should maybe splash out if can find a good right back in the Baines mould.

Unfortunately, 'his day' is rarely a saturday or a sunday!

Think he suffers from a lack of confidence more than most players, you can see him sh*t his pants everytime he's on the ball, hence the aimless passes. Hoyte has impressed me on the few occasions i've watched him. Not sure where people are getting £2m from though-reckon WengerBoy will hold out for more like double that (and probably get it).