IGNORED

January

In the possibility that we would have to sell to buy new players who would you be willing to part with.

If we could get Hoyte then i will be happy to say goodbye to Hibbert.

Also i would be willing to let Mcfadden go. We have Yak, Aj, Vic, Vaughn and think that he is on the edge of the sqaud and won't wan't this. I think that this is one window where we could get good money for him, expecially if rangers/ celtic come in for him. The money we get for him could finance a move for a player like appiah.

What are peoples thoughts?

In the possibility that we would have to sell to buy new players who would you be willing to part with.

If we could get Hoyte then i will be happy to say goodbye to Hibbert.

Also i would be willing to let Mcfadden go. We have Yak, Aj, Vic, Vaughn and think that he is on the edge of the sqaud and won't wan't this. I think that this is one window where we could get good money for him, expecially if rangers/ celtic come in for him. The money we get for him could finance a move for a player like appiah.

What are peoples thoughts?

I like McFadden but he's just not in Moyes first team plans, he gives us options but I think he has to be sold if he's not going to be a regular as we have so many options up front and McFadden hasn't got the pace to play in midfield. Wouldn't mind seeing Hibbert go for Hoyte as you said, we really need that one class CM to play 442, if no one is available then don't panic and just play 451 until we get our man.

plays for zenit. captain of russia. did you see the england russia game? was class.

silly name. brilliant player

yer he is a good player but doesn't he play up front? I know he's good but theres no chance in moyes getting another striker.

go in for Appiah + Riquelme, if they both wanted to come id get Riquelme over Appiah because he is one of the best midfielders in the world, fact.

Everyone knows how much Riquelme made Villareal tick now if we had him our midfield would stand out above any team out the top four and would give us that push needed to enter the race for champions league.

Players I'd be willing to see Everton let go!

VDM, McFadden and perhaps Valente......Maybe £5million for them!

McFadden just isn't going to get a chance to prove himself here....unless injuries strike most of our strikers.

The real gamble would come at the end of the season!......in that if Vaughan and Anichebe both

keep improving.....plus look less injury prone......And bang in goals!!

Would Moyes be willing to cash in on either Yakubu or AJ?

Big tall centre mid (who can play a bit) and a winger who can run at players for me. I also don't oppose the hoyte link, just to add depth to the squad (left or right back - athletic and great potential).

Here's my summary of the squad:

G/K's- fine - loan out turner and ruddy with recall's.

Def's- prefer nev RB, Yobo will be big miss for African Nations but stubbs,lescott and jags should get us through...

Mid- too short (height wise) doesn't matter with arteta, piennus and oz - that's not their game but we need a monster in the middle - cars/nev too short.

Wings- still haven't got the player who can run at people - arteta class, piennus very impressive - but both similar in the way they play - VDM - waste of time, faddy - can't do it enough in this pos or up top.

Att- like nev said we've got one of the best front-lines, yak and aj - proven class - vic and vaughan - great potential - faddy not bad back-up.

For me, if there was any truth in the appiah link he's the man for the middle if not I've got a feeling about tom huddlestone from the yids - giant with a nice touch and can pick-out a pass and has a great strike - he has also played as a centre back in the past - £5m max aswell i'd think.

As for the winger, we always get linked to downing - could this be possible with boro neither here nor there? - i'd love him here anyway. Giles barnes - another one who gets linked - if he can prove fitness/prem class then def worth a go. (a big qu from me is how close is kissock? - he's a young left winger isn't he? - heard lots of good things about him but thats it.)

As for out-goings, there's only VDM who i'd like to see leave - he hasn't earned his right to play for us - hibbo,valente,faddy all add to the depth of our squad - something we've needed for years!!!

I'm not one who thinks we'll need to sell to buy I think we're in quite a tidy position at the moment - it'll be interesting...

We are one midfielder away from being a top 4 club, i really believe that, lets wait till january to see if Kenwright and Moyes want to push on to the next level.

I'd semi go along with that. I'm not saying we'd definitely get in the top 4, but I think we're one class CM (Appiah?) away from regularly being in the mix for the top 4.

We are one midfielder away from being a top 4 club, i really believe that, lets wait till january to see if Kenwright and Moyes want to push on to the next level.

One midfielder? Did you watch the game yesterday against Chelsea? It felt like we had no midfield and we could only come close to Chelsea's goal with long balls. I'd say, we are 2 midfielders away; I know Arteta didn't play yesterday, but we can't just rely on him. Osman has played well, but I think this is as good as he will ever get, he has good finishes but we need someone more creative, better on one on ones, and better passing; we have to get someone else better to move him down and put him on the bench. Same goes for Pienaar, he has surprised me and adds depth to the team, but to be a top 4 club, we need better. Not to mention right back, Hibbert is just not good enough.

Edited by Ynox

If we can get better we will, I'd like to replace the whole team with better but who can we get that would be better than Arteta When on form, Lescott, Cahill , Yobo, Baines or Howard. ??

First of all could we afford them, and secondly would they come here. :)

We had a few tired players yesterday, Osman, Pienaar, Carsley, and maybe to a lesser degree Yakubu, tho he always looks tired and he has only played half the amount of games as some of the others, but its time for Jagielka, Baines, Vaughan and Johnson to make an appearance, and deffo get Two decent Midfielders in January, we are still short of squad numbers to battle on all four fronts. Yobo and Lescott never get rested so i would also look for another decent centre half.

...t'is the best way to rotate, for sure.

Also, good call on getting another CB. I was worried at the beginning of the season when I saw we only had three proper players in that position, one of which can't play every game in the season any more (Stubbs), the other we'd be missing for the ACN, and the third being in his second season so possibly struggling.

I think someone like Appiah would be great, but someone like Riquelme belongs in a 4-diamond-2 and we haven't got the first 11 - never mind squad - to play that.

I . . . sort of agree. I mean, the best teams pretty much have one system that the players from the whole squad should be good enough to play in. For this you need intelligent players who know how to be flexible.

I think Riquelme is the type of player who belongs in a team that can keep the ball and are brave enough to pass it around. I mean, when he played against us, Villareal tore us apart at will. I think he'd enjoy playing with Arteta and Pienaar, whilst maybe Appiah could play behind the three with two forwards up top, or maybe next to Carsley with one up front. This would be a dream team for us to have IMO, but I don't think the squad could handle it.

Juan Roman Riquelme is staying patient as he prepares to leave Villarreal during the winter market.

The Argentina international said: "I am calm, I'm doing what I have always done.

"I need to be realistic about my options because I'm not playing. I hope that this situation comes to an end as soon as possible."

looking good for teams that want him!

Hint Hint Moyes!