IGNORED

What Do You Think

saaby

Everton duo rewarded with new dealsNov 22 2007

EXCLUSIVE by Dominic King, Liverpool Echo

LEON OSMAN and Tony Hibbert are poised to become the latest Everton players to commit their long term futures to Everton.Having wrapped up deals with Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta and Andrew Johnson in the last six months and given lengthy contracts to the players they have signed recently, the Blues are keen to sort out business with those whose deals are close to running out.

Since making the breakthrough from Everton’s Academy, Osman and Hibbert have become important members of the squad and between them have clocked up more than 350 appearances, the majority of which have come during David Moyes’ reign.

Though Osman, who has made an impressive start to this campaign, still has 18 months left on his current contract, discussions are at an advanced stage to ensure that he remains on Merseyside for the foreseeable future.

MM intrested with you comments

Agree with tying Ossie in, he's earned it for me.

Hibbo's contract (unlike Ossie's) runs out after this season so it's not a question of giving him an improved deal, but whether we give him a new one or not when it runs out. I'd keep him as a squad player but rather he wasn't first choice.

I'v always rated Hibbo an thought he would over time learn to cross & pass a ball but for some fucked up reason his game has fallen apart this season, maybe it's the pressure of having 2 other players in the squad who can play right back but surly as a profesional footballer that is the exact situation that should make him step up his game and fight off the competition.

Sadly I just think he's either been found wanting when we have stepped up our game or his attitude to not being a certain starter stinks??

Either way giving him a new deal now is not going to give him the obvious kick up the arse he needs. I would let his deal run down and tell him to earn a new one, let's be honest if he cant prove himself when his jobs on the line do we even want him in the squad? I want the kid to do well but am I being sentimental here cos the lad came up through the ranks?