IGNORED

New Ground Name

Is it childish of me to want Asda and Development Securities to win status as preffered developer as it means EFC won't go to Kirkby?

Dec 7 2007

by David Bartlett, Liverpool Daily Post

A BATTLE to regenerate Kirkby town centre started yesterday when Asda announced its interest in an alternative plan to that of Tesco and Everton FC.

The supermarket giant’s interest is part of an alternative to the proposed Knowsley council-backed £400m scheme in which Everton FC would move to the town.

The American-owned company has signed an exclusivity deal with Development Securities, which owns part of Kirkby town centre.

Development Securities has already shown residents details of its own £200m plan.[

Sources close to the Everton/Tesco plan said Asda and Development Securities was being seen as an attempt to muddy the waters ahead of Tesco’s planning application – which is due in the next few days.

Development Securities said it wants to build a new “anchor” Asda food store in the heart of the town centre to help revitalise shops around St Chad’s Parade.

It would then turn Cherryfield Drive into a second shopping centre with a health clinic, library, and possibly bars and restaurants.

Yes thats good, no mention of a Stadium.

I sooooooooooooooooooo hope Asda fuck this up for Tesco :guitar:

Hopeing the same thing. I can see WW breaking out bottles of ASDA's home brand ketchup and Tesco's DVDs from years ago flyin about the place. :jerry: (always wantedto use that one :P)

Edited by Josh Berno

• 1 month later...