IGNORED

Tesco Apply For Planning Permission

Louis

if anybody would like to take a quick look at the problems of not owning our own stadium, please take a look at Coventry today.

Joe Elliot, Coventry Chairman "We reduced it but it's still very difficult to cope when you're running with a debt of £36m or £37m - especially as we don't own the stadium."

Quick fix which will implode unless we become a mega successful club but my fellow Evertonians it's all irrelevant now anyway because we have voted to move and no longer have any power to stand against this.

Like I said a long time ago you cant cast a vote without knowing the facts which was why I voted no, not because I was aginat moving to Kirkby but because I along with all Evertanians knew fuck all about the deal on offer. We still know fuck all but we've given Bill & Kieth the green light to do whatever they want with our club. It was a sad day then and it's getting sadder!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
That's good news, things had been quiet for a while for things seem to be moving now.

are you living in the real world or are you a gobshite taking the piss??????

Dont you realise this kirkby move is 100% the death of everton,all these yes voters have been conned,i cant believe so called everton supporters could be so fickle and swallow the bullshit thrown at them by wyness and kenwright who are just lining their own pockets.Everton on a fucking industrial estate corner, in the shadow of tescos flagship store in a town in knowsley.

shame on you

Hi Bluepoet, like you I don't beleive that Kirkby is in the best interests of the club but GMB08 is entitled to his opinion as you are yours so please try to keep swearing in posts to a minimum.

Tranmere Rovers must be rubbing their hands together with glee, they must be seriously thinking about changing home fixtures so thay they alternate with Everton and not Liverpool, they can probably entice extra few thousand strong support from Wirral based blues (presently 1/3rd of Everton season ticket holders) in light of this move.

So Everton are going to end up on an industrial estate, in the shadow of Tescos!!

Moyes will drive there in his big car!, the players will arrive in their BMW'S and Bentleys, they wont care.Once their in the gates it will be just another stadium!

Are those back to back terrace houses, really going to be missed by them?

ME!...I'd rather stay at a revamped Goodison, but we will move some day.So it's going to be hard for the local fans, extra few miles for every game!! The peoples club! the best supporters around.

Tranmere Rovers want some new fans do they?....well within a couple of years, before Everton go anywhere, our red brothers with their short on the truth Americans, huge debts caused by the Americans, minus Rafa (though I wish he would stay),an aging Gerrard, Carrigher and back line needing replacing.Who still wont have won the prem and will be further away than ever and will still be dreaming of moving stadiums themselves....add that to the fact Everton with their young British manager, skillfull young team and local players, will probably have caught luckypool up.....and you can maybe see where Tranmere's new fans could come from!

Everton are getting better slowly but surely, we ran rings around Arsenal for more than half the game, lost to Man Utd to a late penalty, were cheated by luckypool and held Chelsea away.

IF we can't stay at Goodison.........and when we move out to wherever, what if the team are flying, are people going to stay away to make a point!!.........well wont that just be great.

An industrial estate, with a few trees, some open space, a decent new stadium with an ever improving Everton as it's owners.....neibouring one of Britains biggest business's Tescos!!

OR you could stay in town and go to the big red circus! With it's American owners, German manager and Spanish performers.

are you living in the real world or are you a gobshite taking the piss??????

Dont you realise this kirkby move is 100% the death of everton,all these yes voters have been conned,i cant believe so called everton supporters could be so fickle and swallow the bullshit thrown at them by wyness and kenwright who are just lining their own pockets.Everton on a fucking industrial estate corner, in the shadow of tescos flagship store in a town in knowsley.

shame on you

And a happy new year to you too!

As Louis says i'm entitled to my opinion and though my ideal location for us would've been Walton Hall Park it seems cllr Bradley ruled that out at a very early stage - why? The loop just isn't big enough, someone I know bumps into cllr Bradley on a regular basis and told me that Bradleys 'big thing' he's currently telling fellow blues on the stadium move is he thinks we can and will stay at Goodison - not the sound of a man who thinks the loop is a real goer and enthusiastically advancing it as an option is it?

Kirkby is not the dream location for the club but the club hasn't the right to pick and choose locations, would you be overjoyed if someone said we could build in Speke or Gillmoss because a big enough site had been found there? I wouldn't be happy with Speke but would be happy enough with Gillmoss, but would Gillmoss cost a hell of a lot more to build without Tesco on board? You bet it will. I trust the words of people like Bill Kenwright, Sir Terry Leahy and Robert Earl on this stadium move - you don't - fine.

I'd be happy with a Goodison Park redevelopment.. especially when you take into context what LCC have said is available to Everton:

goodisonredevelopme2.png

It may take a while to reach a considerable larger capacity but it will be of more benefit than uprooting and moving to Kirkby to a stadium we won't fully own and a percentage of ticket income is given to Knowlsey Council if rumours are to be believed..

2-1 that rumour originates from keioc

There is a percentage revenue payment agreed between Everton & Knowlsey, not sure if it's tickets or other revenues but it exsists.

Surly your attitude would better serve both yourself and the best interests of Everton by questioning why the club are hiding the details of the deal rather than questioning the people who want to know the truth and refuse to be kept in the dark. I'v said it a million times but blindly believing this deal is a sweet and rosey as big Kieth has made out is extreamly dangerous. We should be demanding to know the truth behind the alleged payments to Knowsley, the alleged transport issues, the alleged issues regarding parking spaces, the alleged distance of the 'park & walk' car parks etc, etc

IF THERE WAS NOTHING TO HIDE EVERTON WOULD RELEASE A DETAILED BRAKEDOWN OF THE DEAL TO STOP ALL THE BITCHING WOULD THEY NOT??

The reason we are still in the dark after Everton submit their planning application is because there are many things we won't be happy about but the longer Everton keep us in the dark the harder it will be for us to do anything about it!

Well I have said this before but people take the "peoples club" a little too much to heart. **ducks from flying fists**

We are a business run by shareholders and directors...I pay to watch them at Goodison and I will pay to watch them at Knowsley; as I do believe people running the business, I mean football club, have the club's interests at the forefront.

Yes the deal will not be all rosey as is made out but when is any deal in business delivered exactly as described...?

I'd be happy with a Goodison Park redevelopment.. especially when you take into context what LCC have said is available to Everton:

goodisonredevelopme2.png

It may take a while to reach a considerable larger capacity but it will be of more benefit than uprooting and moving to Kirkby to a stadium we won't fully own and a percentage of ticket income is given to Knowlsey Council if rumours are to be believed..

louis, this may seem liek a daft question but whats green and whats blue?

im gonna go back on what ive said all along, i hope we dont get permission and/or asda dupe tesco

To redevelop Goodison we would not be able to play there for approx 2 years though, as the pitch would need to be moved over to redevelop the main stand to be much much better. The other stands would all need to be knocked down and built from ground up.

Personally, I just don't see this as a viable option...

How long is it going to take to buy the housing and re-house the residents in the blue area too....

Craccer, as SteveO said.. Blue is land that we either already own or the council have said the club can have (presumably for free because they are desperate to keep EFC in their constituency). Green is the church that can not be knocked down due to it being listed building.

Craccer, as SteveO said.. Blue is land that we either already own or the council have said the club can have (presumably for free because they are desperate to keep EFC in their constituency). Green is the church that can not be knocked down due to it being listed building.

Why they not doing that then? their loadz of land, even enuf for a Tesco shop, will this cost more than the Kirkby idea?

EDIT... If this happens would We have to play at the RS ground til its finished?

Edited by jacko1990

To redevelop Goodison we would not be able to play there for approx 2 years though, as the pitch would need to be moved over to redevelop the main stand to be much much better. The other stands would all need to be knocked down and built from ground up.

Personally, I just don't see this as a viable option...

How long is it going to take to buy the housing and re-house the residents in the blue area too....

if thats your view on redevelopment then you havent really looked at any of the info i pressume?

take a look at the two following links to see we can do it and we would not have to close Goodison park, and with one of the options we wouldnt have to build from the ground up.

http://www.toffeeweb.com/club/Goodison/gfe/

http://www.toffeeweb.com/club/Goodison/hughes_redev.asp

Why they not doing that then? their loadz of land, even enuf for a Tesco shop, will this cost more than the Kirkby idea?

EDIT... If this happens would We have to play at the RS ground til its finished?

jake, if the kirkby project will cost £400m, lets say half of that is for the stadium, leaving £200m, minus the £50m donation from Tesco, Everton will be paying £150m approx for kirkby.

well surely we can build on the Goodison park site for £150m, so we wouldnt really need to bother with a deal from Tesco.

if we were to move into anfield for a season or two that wouldn't be too bad, but that would be in about 4 years by the time they move out. also increased costs from paying them rent.

also, looking at the over head picture of Goodison and the land we could use;

if we were to move the majority of the stadium onto the blue area i think we could build a new Gwladys Street stand, a stand of equivalent to Bullens Road and possibly a new Park End too, before we even touch the original stadium. if possible we could open a new three sided stadium before the old stadium is knocked down to build a new "main stand" (the players facilities would have to be based in the new stand)

plenty of room left around the ground for "executive parking" we dont really need a massive car park at the current site as transport isnt a problem right now anyway.