IGNORED

Kenwright Hurt By Fan Accusations

Louis

http://sport.scotsman.com/football.cfm?id=1903072007#new

EVERTON chairman Bill Kenwright has revealed his bitter frustration at being pilloried by fans and shareholders over the future home of the club.

Kenwright, who is also the club's owner, was accused at this week's agm of being "the man who has murdered the soul of the club" by even considering a move away from Goodison Park to nearby Kirkby, and a purpose-built 55,000-seater stadium in partnership with Tesco.

Click here to find out more!

That possibility has enraged some fans who either want to see Goodison redeveloped or the Toffees move to a site close to the city centre on Scotland Road, as suggested by Liverpool City Council.

Despite all the uproar, chiefly based on fans' horror at leaving the city, Kenwright and his board are expected to reveal a detailed planning application for Kirkby shortly. Kenwright, who has pleaded with fans to "trust me", insists that redeveloping Goodison could cost twice as much as the move to Kirkby, while the club have been told by their advisors that the Scotland Road site is not big enough.

But Kenwright is still taking all the flak and he said: "I expected this reaction, I was under no illusions and expected a passionate, angry meeting. I see a division between the fans, certainly at a meeting like we had. I'd be lying if I said I could not see it.

"I do not enjoy such occasions, not at all. How could I because I am getting brickbats thrown at me and often having conspiracy theories thrown at me?

"I am trying to say 'I am not an idiot, I am one of you'. If there was a possibility of something different do you think I would not be going for it? We have consultants helping us, and the team we have brought in to look at these other schemes know what they are doing."

Kenwright insisted staying at Goodison is not out of the question. He added: "I have never said I would not consider rebuilding Goodison Park as a plan B. I am bored saying I don't want to leave Goodison, but we have a deliverable option. I have been talking to architects and planners even this week who think I am mad to even be thinking about staying at Goodison.

"They say it is not deliverable but we still get people standing up and saying they know better. If Kirkby does not work we do have a plan B. We are here, we will not be going anywhere until that is agreed and ready.

"I am not a developer, so I have to rely on the advice given. But I do know what happened the last time we moved a stand at this ground and we played with a three-sided ground, we nearly got relegated.

"But this time we would have to move four stands and redevelop the whole place. We would not be getting any help from anyone, certainly not Tesco.

"We would still end up, according to the experts, with a ground that is a 37,500 all-seater stadium and that would cost us double what Kirkby would."

It has been suggested that rebuilding Goodison would cost £200 million, and the complicated Scotland Road scheme would be even more expensive at £300 million and would create massive infrastructure problems.

Kenwright said: "I don't know whether it is £200 million, or anything bigger, for what we would have to do here. But where would I find a bank or developer who would sign up to something like that in the current climate?

"Across the park Liverpool's people are trying to raise £400 million and it is taking them months and months, and that is still ongoing.

"Good luck to them, they have their own plans and I will be interested to see what happens. But two years ago that project was £170 million, then it started to go up and up. But at this club, if we state a figure that goes up by £10,000, we find ourselves being battered by people here.

"We went to the fans to get permission to continue to discuss the Kirkby situation. And the vote came back with us being given that mandate."

I believe him. Once the vote came back saying 'yes' - thats that. The majority gave their blessing and thats that. Same people vote again and the results would be different I'm sure, but it aint gonna happen.

The shite have got yanks so the cost isn't really gonna bother their fans that much. We've got no money - thats why an increase in cost gets a reaction here.

Edited by EFCfanatic

He can't be supprised the wanker is moving Everton to increase the revenue stream but moveng them to an area / locatin where earning potential will be rock bottom compared to being closer to the city centre. If like he says he's doing this for the good of the club then surly long term maximisation of our earning potential is the main aim. It's a fact the further away from the city centre you go the less things cost and he's placing us on the edge of town!

I'v gone right off Kenright he's like these day trip supporters killing off the club. They all talk of "passionate fans" & the club having "something special" but when it comes to the crunch he shows he understands nothing about what that something special actually is.

He can't be supprised the wanker is moving Everton to increase the revenue stream but moveng them to an area / locatin where earning potential will be rock bottom compared to being closer to the city centre. If like he says he's doing this for the good of the club then surly long term maximisation of our earning potential is the main aim. It's a fact the further away from the city centre you go the less things cost and he's placing us on the edge of town!

I'v gone right off Kenright he's like these day trip supporters killing off the club. They all talk of "passionate fans" & the club having "something special" but when it comes to the crunch he shows he understands nothing about what that something special actually is.

Attention!.....All you day trip supporters!infact probably anyone who hasn't got Scouse stew stains ingrained in their Everton tops!......Your killing off the club.

YES YOU!......If you can only make a few games a season because of distance, work commitments or cost.....then just stop coming!.....Your killing Everton!

Americans!......or anyone else who haven't ever been to Goodison Park!.....Don't come your not welcome, this is our club!We understand it, you don't!!

WE ARE THE PEOPLES CLUB!!.....I MEAN.....JUST THE PEOPLE AROUND HEAR!

So fuc% off Moyes you Scottish git.....you just don't understand us!

IT'S us the locals who's parents and grandparents who are BLUES......and who's parents and grandparents forced upon us a love of the BLUES..........NOT you outsiders who actually chose to love Everton when you could have chosen any other team, were the ones this club is for!

GOLDFISH!.......YOU probably didn't choose Everton, if your family had been RED you'd probably be spouting on a red forum today......there but for the grace of god go I!Seems to fit that one!!

Me I'm a 6 game a season fan if I'm lucky!Guess that makes me a day triper.......and I'm fucking proud of our away supporters(which we all know your one, as you like to point out), it

seems if they all think like you then, they don't think much of us!

I'm no fan of luckypool!......but the one thing I never knock is thier far travelling fans, from where ever they come.They obviously love THEIR club, which just because they weren't christened in the Mersey, doesn't mean they CAN'T love!

Where would this club be with another 10-15,000 day tripping scandinavians, Scotts, Londoners, Americans and Aussies?????

Probably far better off......and maybe capable of filling a 50,000 seat stadium!

Goldfish!.....Your living in the past, where your Blue roots came from!There's a lot of Evertonians outside your little city walls, who actually chose the BLUES because the club" has something special"......not because we were taken as a kid and had to support them.

THINK ON FUCKING"HERO"!

Seems a bit harsh BLUE. :huh:

Since i moved away from Merseyside I have become like you a 5 or 6 games a season man, but i've spent over 40 years as a Gladys supporter, before i got a season ticket in the Main stand, so i served a good apprenticeship.

But I dont find anything nasty in what Goldfish has said and i'm into my 54TH year as a supporter.

Ok lad thats what I ment :rolleyes:

Just think you just spent so much time writing that post without actually questioning what I ment by 'day trip supporters' and got it completely wrong!

Well!......What is a day trip supporter.......Because I wouldn't turn away anyone who wanted to watch Everton, local or day tripper!

Seems a bit harsh BLUE. :huh:

Since i moved away from Merseyside I have become like you a 5 or 6 games a season man, but i've spent over 40 years as a Gladys supporter, before i got a season ticket in the Main stand, so i served a good apprenticeship.

But I dont find anything nasty in what Goldfish has said and i'm into my 54TH year as a supporter.

Well Licker!.....you could be right.You see the thing is just lately this forums taught me that you may as well get the aggresssion in earlly, because that's probably the type of treatment handed back!......Not my usual style but I'm learning fast!

Goldfish was happy to say I read him wrong!, but not happy to, without going off for a think tell us what he DID mean.

I guess like most Evertonians he wants investment in the club!......Does he think it will come from within the city limits?......Bet he'd take it from any £millionare, even one who had never been to Goodison!

Kenwright, right or wrong is just trying to do what he thinks is best for EVERTON!

I say"God bless, the season ticket holder, the away fans.........and the man who travels hundreds of miles for his one and only game of the season"THE PEOPLES CLUB!

Daytrip supporter = The fan from anywhere who has jumped on the band waggon of our success, now that alone isnt a problem to me where the problem starts is when they want to be part of the "famous Goodison crowd". These are the people who sit in the middle of the Gwladys street or on the back row directly behind the goal at Luton in the cup the other week and refuse to sing % constantly tell the people in front of them to sit down. If they want to be part of te atmosphere they need to accept they have a job to create it should they take up the seats in specific areas otherwise they should sit somewhere else. I am disgusted by the people I had to tell to fuck off in Kharkiv & Nurnberg telling me to sit down and shut up because it's the same muppets standing in the pub later saying our atmosphere is dying and analysing Moyes bad team selections as the reason!

I am not calling myself better than anyone else for traveling away although it is a choice I have made and it commits alot of my spare time, holidays from work and all my expendable income. It is a choice anyone can make wherever in the country they live!!

As for the original comment on Kenwright he's constantly in the media saying "theres something special about this club" now if he fully understood what that was he wouldnt be putting his head in the sand and hiding behind the vote result. The special thing about this club is we the fans care in a way many other fanbases dont even think about but if Kenwright continues many people will join the growing number who have already started to accept we are no longer 'the peoples club' and we've sold out like the big boys!

We will become a Liverpool type fanbase and that scares me I want us to be special and individual, I want us to be loud and aggressive, I want us to be hostile to visiting teams and supporters, the reason I want this is because you ask every player / manger where they dont want to play and 80% will answer Everton and that like it or not is what dragged our sorry excuse for a football club through the dark days of the 90's.

I love this club and I dont want it morph into an EPL franchise which is clearly the way the world wants to push our sport!

Kenwright, pushed by Big Keith has IMO lost sight of the realities here, we have walked a tightroap for years now trying not to sell out and blinded by the flash lights he's making a worse error than selling up to a billionair, moving EVERTON FC one of the founder members of the football league and arguably one of the biggest clubs this country has ever produced to a retail park on the edge of town so he can sell a few more corporate boxes. Anybody who could afford not to would understand moving Everton in the direction he's taking it is suicide for all we believe in and when he sells up you can bet you last quid our new owner will say I'd have never moved us here!

COVENTRY CITY - Tesco bulit stadium, on the verge of going into administration, the chairman said the other day,

"the problem is we dont own our stadium, if we did I could save this club tomorrow"

Ask them if the retail park was worth it now!

Well Licker!.....you could be right.You see the thing is just lately this forums taught me that you may as well get the aggresssion in earlly, because that's probably the type of treatment handed back!......Not my usual style but I'm learning fast!

Goldfish was happy to say I read him wrong!, but not happy to, without going off for a think tell us what he DID mean.

I guess like most Evertonians he wants investment in the club!......Does he think it will come from within the city limits?......Bet he'd take it from any £millionare, even one who had never been to Goodison!

Kenwright, right or wrong is just trying to do what he thinks is best for EVERTON!

I say"God bless, the season ticket holder, the away fans.........and the man who travels hundreds of miles for his one and only game of the season"THE PEOPLES CLUB!

I didnt think you deserved a response and I knew exactly what I ment I'v posted it here many times before!

I didnt think you deserved a response and I knew exactly what I ment I'v posted it here many times before!

So I didn't deserve a reply then!.....but DID a few minutes later!! :huh:

Anyway!...I still think you really trying to impose in your own way a limit on who supports Everton!......No quiet ones!......None that have jumped on the Everton"Success" :huh: band waggon........JESUS! When was that :rolleyes: Anyone who ask's you to sit down in a seated section of the stadium!

Plus no liverpool type fans!......So lets move to our new stadium or stay at a redeveloped Goodison, THEN!take away the ones who won't shout or sing, the ones from outside the city limits(is Kirby in that?)....and the general day trippers!That should give us a gate of about 10,000!That would scare me more than a luckypool type fan base of about 60,000.

You say Kenwright constantly says there's something special about this club, long may he keep saying it.If he'd only said it once or suddenly stoped saying it then I'd be more worried.

You say you don't want us to morph into a EPL Franchise!.......That's JUST what a new owner,

like the Yanks across the park will want!That's exactly what they will want, and is maybe what our lovable, daft Everton loving chairman is trying to stop.

I would love all away teams to dread their visit to Goodison park, and a lot of already do, including the big four.I wish more people would sing and chant.But you can't survive without the quiet fans local or day trippers.It's their club too.

More Everton supporters on the streets of liverpool than red!...Proud boust and probably true!

If we win a trophy (or two :lol: )this season.....don't you want new fans jumping on the Everton bandwaggon?.....I do, even the quiet ones.

The guy who sits behind me in the Park End hates me so much cos he can't be arsed getting off his arse when we're thru on goal which does piss me off but what can you do? Thats how it is these days.

BTW we would lose 10,000 people with no day trippers!

Edited by EFCfanatic

So I didn't deserve a reply then!.....but DID a few minutes later!! :huh:

Anyway!...I still think you really trying to impose in your own way a limit on who supports Everton!......No quiet ones!......None that have jumped on the Everton"Success" :huh: band waggon........JESUS! When was that :rolleyes: Anyone who ask's you to sit down in a seated section of the stadium!

Plus no liverpool type fans!......So lets move to our new stadium or stay at a redeveloped Goodison, THEN!take away the ones who won't shout or sing, the ones from outside the city limits(is Kirby in that?)....and the general day trippers!That should give us a gate of about 10,000!That would scare me more than a luckypool type fan base of about 60,000.

You say Kenwright constantly says there's something special about this club, long may he keep saying it.If he'd only said it once or suddenly stoped saying it then I'd be more worried.

You say you don't want us to morph into a EPL Franchise!.......That's JUST what a new owner,

like the Yanks across the park will want!That's exactly what they will want, and is maybe what our lovable, daft Everton loving chairman is trying to stop.

I would love all away teams to dread their visit to Goodison park, and a lot of already do, including the big four.I wish more people would sing and chant.But you can't survive without the quiet fans local or day trippers.It's their club too.

More Everton supporters on the streets of liverpool than red!...Proud boust and probably true!

If we win a trophy (or two :lol: )this season.....don't you want new fans jumping on the Everton bandwaggon?.....I do, even the quiet ones.

You didnt actually read anything I posted did you?

You didnt actually read anything I posted did you?

YEP!

This special Everton thing!.....The special Everton thing that Kenwright and day tripping fans don't understand according to you!.....Do you think WHEN! the big investor comes in HE will have special feelings for Everton?...Oh! We could be really lucky couldn't we, but let's be honest they/he will probably be more like the Yanks across the park, who really want nothing more than a return on their money.

THEY will want us to become in your words"An EPL Franchise".....Seems to me that's something

Kenwrights against....as he always says"he wants whats right for Everton"I think he does understand "the" Everton thing!....Whatever he does he will be wrong in some peoples eyes.

My perfect Everton would be.A 55,000 seat stadium in the Goodison footprint, run by Everton loving Kenwright, led by David Moyes, a new Gwladys street end full to the brim with people like Mr Goldfish ie people willing to sing and shout the whole game through, a very small section for away fans......and the rest of the stadium for ALL Evertonians, locals, bandwaggon jumpers, Aussies, Americans, Scandinavians.....noisey or quiet wouldn't matter to me as long as every seat was full........AND they have a love for this club.

Weren't there only 33,000 at Goodison for Fulham?.......bet Moyes would have liked another

10,000 or so day trippers even quiet ones.

YEP!

This special Everton thing!.....The special Everton thing that Kenwright and day tripping fans don't understand according to you!.....Do you think WHEN! the big investor comes in HE will have special feelings for Everton?...Oh! We could be really lucky couldn't we, but let's be honest they/he will probably be more like the Yanks across the park, who really want nothing more than a return on their money.

THEY will want us to become in your words"An EPL Franchise".....Seems to me that's something

Kenwrights against....as he always says"he wants whats right for Everton"I think he does understand "the" Everton thing!....Whatever he does he will be wrong in some peoples eyes.

My perfect Everton would be.A 55,000 seat stadium in the Goodison footprint, run by Everton loving Kenwright, led by David Moyes, a new Gwladys street end full to the brim with people like Mr Goldfish ie people willing to sing and shout the whole game through, a very small section for away fans......and the rest of the stadium for ALL Evertonians, locals, bandwaggon jumpers, Aussies, Americans, Scandinavians.....noisey or quiet wouldn't matter to me as long as every seat was full........AND they have a love for this club.

Weren't there only 33,000 at Goodison for Fulham?.......bet Moyes would have liked another

10,000 or so day trippers even quiet ones.

I dont understand what your point is. Read my post again and see if you've understood what I said cos your posts seem to be questioning something I didnt say!

No one on here doubt's your passion for Everton!......My point is To say Day trip supporters

are killing off this club is bullshit.There would have been probably 8-10,000 day trippers at Goodison on Saturday for Fulham!Take them away and put the remaining 22/23,000 in a 55,000 seat stadium!!!!!!!Going to look pretty empty mate :o

My final thought is......I think Kenwright(whatever he does with the club) does understand the Everton "thing".

People who travel affar to watch the Blues, after a very short time understand the special thing.

Everton needs all it's fans, locals, Aussies, Americans etc, etc.....those who go to every game and those who can only make one!One's that sing and those that don't!

You also don't want liverpool type fans!...Why not, they love their club, pay to watch and put money into their club.

Let's win a trophy!......and get new people interestd in our Everton, yes bandwaggon jumpers can apply, bring your money and learn what's special about this club.

I for one won't be telling you to Fuc% off if you don't want to sing.....but if you could be as passionate as the goldfish man......even better!

No one on here doubt's your passion for Everton!......My point is To say Day trip supporters

are killing off this club is bullshit.There would have been probably 8-10,000 day trippers at Goodison on Saturday for Fulham!Take them away and put the remaining 22/23,000 in a 55,000 seat stadium!!!!!!!Going to look pretty empty mate :o

My final thought is......I think Kenwright(whatever he does with the club) does understand the Everton "thing".

People who travel affar to watch the Blues, after a very short time understand the special thing.

Everton needs all it's fans, locals, Aussies, Americans etc, etc.....those who go to every game and those who can only make one!One's that sing and those that don't!

You also don't want liverpool type fans!...Why not, they love their club, pay to watch and put money into their club.

Let's win a trophy!......and get new people interestd in our Everton, yes bandwaggon jumpers can apply, bring your money and learn what's special about this club.

I for one won't be telling you to Fuc% off if you don't want to sing.....but if you could be as passionate as the goldfish man......even better!

At this stage of our discussion you return to & quote my original post which I told you at the time you had misunderstood!

Try this from my explaination,

Daytrip supporter = The fan from anywhere who has jumped on the band waggon of our success, now that alone isnt a problem to me where the problem starts is when they want to be part of the "famous Goodison crowd". These are the people who sit in the middle of the Gwladys street or on the back row directly behind the goal at Luton in the cup the other week and refuse to sing & constantly tell the people in front of them to sit down. If they want to be part of te atmosphere they need to accept they have a job to create it should they take up the seats in specific areas otherwise they should sit somewhere else. I am disgusted by the people I had to tell to fuck off in Kharkiv & Nurnberg telling me to sit down and shut up because it's the same muppets standing in the pub later saying our atmosphere is dying and analysing Moyes bad team selections as the reason!

At no point did I say I didnt want these people at the match just that they need to better understand the 'crowd dynamic' before they sit in the middle of the gwladys for example and demand everyone around them sits down. Surly even you can see that would massivly affect the potential of our supporters to generate a good atmosphere.

As for the original comment on Kenwright he's constantly in the media saying "theres something special about this club" now if he fully understood what that was he wouldnt be putting his head in the sand and hiding behind the vote result. The special thing about this club is we the fans care in a way many other fanbases dont even think about but if Kenwright continues many people will join the growing number who have already started to accept we are no longer 'the peoples club' and we've sold out like the big boys!

I'm questioning his understanding of the Everton crowd, not him as a chairman. I quite like Kenwright and the one thing I don't want is him to sell out to some Yank or corrupt Thai. If he realy understood us fans he would have known spoon feeding us colour pictures would never have satisfied, we are far to knowledgable and demand far more of an involvement in our club. My point in a nutshell is Everton have released none of the information that matters and kenwright should have understood this group of football supporters over any other would question that until the bitter end. Had he understood like he makes out he does he wouldnt have got the PR for this move so massivly wrong which to me indicates he either hasnt got a clue or they are trying to hide what we all already know. Kirkby isnt free, we will be going into debt for it, the transport & parking links are a farce & should we move closer to the city centre the ground will cost more initially but the earning potential will be massive in comparison over the long term.

I hope that clears up your view of me cos it seems that you think my opinion is that Kenwright and anyone who isnt a scouser should fuck off from Goodison which is far from the truth!