IGNORED

Tim Howard Appreciation Society

JamesN

Was reading the thing on the front page of the Everton site about Howard and was just thinking how much of a good influence he has on our squad. I think people do recognise how good he is but I think for our defenders, having the reassurance that someone like Tim is behind you can make them more confident and play even better.

Another inspired signing by Moyesy, and I think he is taken for granted at times... I think he's the best keeper we have had since Southall...

GWAARN Timmy lad!

ARTICLE

David Moyes has hailed the influence of Tim Howard.

Howard has been in top form in the Everton goal as the Blues racked up six clean sheets in their last ten outings.

Manager Moyes has recognised that the trust the players have in the USA stopper is key.

“He’s got good command of the area and players listen to him out there," said the boss.

“He’s been a tremendous signing and what he is, is another big character – another man – in the dressing room."

Moyes revealed that the former Man Utd man had integrated seamlessly into the Everton dressing room after his arrival 18 months ago.

“The players respect him because of the type of person he is, with the way he works and from that point of view the rest of the squad all like him," continued Moyes.

“He’s done really well and has got us a few clean sheets in the last few games and that breeds confidence.”

Was reading the thing on the front page of the Everton site about Howard and was just thinking how much of a good influence he has on our squad. I think people do recognise how good he is but I think for our defenders, having the reassurance that someone like Tim is behind you can make them more confident and play even better.

Another inspired signing by Moyesy, and I think he is taken for granted at times... I think he's the best keeper we have had since Southall...

GWAARN Timmy lad!

ARTICLE

David Moyes has hailed the influence of Tim Howard.

Howard has been in top form in the Everton goal as the Blues racked up six clean sheets in their last ten outings.

Manager Moyes has recognised that the trust the players have in the USA stopper is key.

“He’s got good command of the area and players listen to him out there," said the boss.

“He’s been a tremendous signing and what he is, is another big character – another man – in the dressing room."

Moyes revealed that the former Man Utd man had integrated seamlessly into the Everton dressing room after his arrival 18 months ago.

“The players respect him because of the type of person he is, with the way he works and from that point of view the rest of the squad all like him," continued Moyes.

“He’s done really well and has got us a few clean sheets in the last few games and that breeds confidence.”

Aye he is top Notch, But when The likes of Yakubu score hat-tricks and dont play that well, still rather lazy, it takes the lime light away from his performaces.

p.s i didnt read the whole post so sum1 say if this is not relative

Best keeper since Southall? What about Gerrard...or Simmonsen....or Wright... or Myhre... or... oh wait they were all shit.

Spot on.

p.s- i am joking with all this, i love howard and think that he top class. one of the best shot soppers ion the league. he just needs longer arms as he some times gets beaten by 30 yard wonder strikes

hmmm dunno, tbh i think martyn was better. but howard is more long term, so he'll go on to prove to be better in the long run ... if you get me

yeah i have been thinking about martin since i posted that comment to be honest and i think he was a great keeper but as you say, howard seems to be in it for the long term and it'll be nice if we can keep him for a long time :D

Love the Mr. Men picture :lol:

And good on Howard and Moyes. Great to see have a quality 'keeper long term. :)

As for Martyn; I couldn't believe we got what we could out of him, but in comparing them... I dunno, I think we got the best performances of his career and he'd already been playing for how long?

Edited by Calico

I thought Nige was a quality keeper during his time here, pity we left it so late to get him.

Howard was a very good replacement. Like Nige, and Big Nev before him, he has kept us in many a game. He is a reliable keeper, hes made the odd blunder but what goalie hasnt?

Made another great save against West 'aaam and recently you would expect nothing less.

Good on you Tim :)

In Joe Royle's autobiography he said he tried to sign Nigel Martyn from Palace. Martyn came up north for the day to speak to the Royle and Johnson but didn't even get to step foot in Liverpool. He discussed contract terms with Johnson in Birkenhead's North End (Park Foods office) but for whatever reason decided to sign for Leeds.

In Joe Royle's autobiography he said he tried to sign Nigel Martyn from Palace. Martyn came up north for the day to speak to the Royle and Johnson but didn't even get to step foot in Liverpool. He discussed contract terms with Johnson in Birkenhead's North End (Park Foods office) but for whatever reason decided to sign for Leeds.

I'm not sure if they even talked business as Johnson left him waiting for over an hour and Martyn decided Everton wasnt for him if we were gona leave him waiting for ages.

Don't quote me on this but I think Martyn left before Johnson even arrived!

Edited by GoldfishMemory