IGNORED

Gosling Agreed

CraccerC

http://www.evertonfc.com/news/archive/blue...sling-deal.html

Everton have agreed a deal with Plymouth Argyle for the transfer of Dan Gosling.

The 17-year old has come through the ranks at Home Park and has made 24 first team appearances after making his début aged just 16.

Right-sided Gosling can play both in defence and midfield and has been involved with the England under 17 and under 18 sides.

Blues boss David Moyes said: "He is one for the future."

The move for the youngster, who has two senior goals to his name, is expected to be completed later this week.

It would represent the second deal involving the two sides in the last few days, after Lukas Jutkiewicz went on loan to the south coast outfit on Monday.

The deal for Gosling is expected to mirror that for Jutkiewicz, with both youngsters sure to be important squad members in the years to come and the new arrival certain to feature for the reserves this term.

Left Back position is (in my opinion) cursed for everton players. Look at recent left backs, Nuno, Pistone, Naysmith- even Ball a few years back, and Baines recently. All these players always seem to get injured and spend more time in recovery than they do playing. IMO any extra LB'd we have coming through will be a blessing. I'm not saying that Boyle will dislodge Baines as first choice left back but he will be a very good squad member due to the amount of injuries we pick up there

• 2 weeks later...

He's a cocky little lad is'nt he, i hope he plays the game as well as he talks it.

"I think I’ve changed from how I used to be, I used to be an attacking midfielder, getting into the box.

"I played defensive midfielder for England and I’ve also started playing right back more recently - just bombing on round the winger and getting crosses in the box really."