IGNORED

Mcfadden Deal Completed

Louis

moyes is not overpricing him that is the going rate for full internationals...we are being asked to pay 3 million for kids that may not make it.

I think you'll find we only pay 3m for Gosling if he does make it, it'll be based on appearances and probably international caps or something. We're only paying something like 1m up front. It's like with Steve Simonsen, we only paid somewhere in the region of 500k up front and the rest was based on him winning player of the year etc, we never ended up paying anything like the amount that was quoted.

yes i understand that but as they say a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush jimmy mac is proven.

Has Jimmy Mac performed consistently enough to be labeled proven. He's scored some important goals but proven - depends what he's proved himself as? Proven Prem goal-scorer - not chance.

It's like with Steve Simonsen, we only paid somewhere in the region of 500k up front and the rest was based on him winning player of the year etc, we never ended up paying anything like the amount that was quoted.

steve simonsen was a sweet little money mover for peter johnson, we did pay nearly the full lot for him!

steve simonsen was a sweet little money mover for peter johnson, we did pay nearly the full lot for him!

It killed two birds with one stone, allowed Everton to pay less tax and kept Tranmere afloat. TRFC still owe Peter Johnson best part of 5million. His career was ultimately null and void when the club wouldn't play him because it would activate a further payment.

McLeish lands £5.5m McFadden

Thursday January 17, 2008

The Guardian

Birmingham City's manager, Alex McLeish, has finally agreed a £5.5m fee with Everton for the Scotland forward James McFadden, who is expected at St Andrew's today to discuss personal terms.

McLeish, who was impressed with McFadden during his time as Scotland's manager, is convinced the 24-year-old former Motherwell man can help save City's season and had previously unsuccessfully offered £2.5m and £3m.

I stand corrected - if you are indeed correct! From what I understood (my dad worked for a company who wanted to sponsor Tranmere or something so had access to the accounts) Everton paid very little up front for Simonsen and the rest was all based on appearances, bonuses etc - and as he hardly played for us I assumed that we paid very little of the reported fee. If I was misinformed then I apologise! Is it definite that we paid nearly full whack for Simonsen? If so I can bring that up next time my dad brings up Simonsen during one of his arguments!

Hopefully this is other club are idiotic enough to pay £6million :D Celtic really are that stupid.

No... noooooo..... 6mil is a steal! In fact, they should pay a lot more for such a quality player. We really really don't want to sell, and it would break our hearts to sell him for such a low figure...

If McFadden goes for the figures then we are definitely winners... not THE winners, but winners nonetheless because, regardless of what he does for any other club, he has had lots and lots of time to live up to his potential and simply hasn't done so. So if we make anywhere near £5million profit on him then yes, we bloody well won and finally made some money on a player that hasn't worked out here.

5-6 Million is gd business....but i am sad to see him go....He brought us some additional flairs when we needed it...i can still recall how excited i was when we got him few years back...at that point of time he was the most gifted player our team had (that shows we are progressing!!)...in truth, i rather feel he was not given the opportunity to establish himself rather than to say he failed to establish....Player need plenty of confidence to perform and score....Confidence comes from experience,experience comes from mistakes,mistakes comes from trials,trials are minutes on the pitch....Good luck to Faddy, he will do well if given more chances...who know he can be a next bright star!! Good luck and good business!!

5-6 Million is gd business....but i am sad to see him go....He brought us some additional flairs when we needed it...i can still recall how excited i was when we got him few years back...at that point of time he was the most gifted player our team had (that shows we are progressing!!)...in truth, i rather feel he was not given the opportunity to establish himself rather than to say he failed to establish....Player need plenty of confidence to perform and score....Confidence comes from experience,experience comes from mistakes,mistakes comes from trials,trials are minutes on the pitch....Good luck to Faddy, he will do well if given more chances...who know he can be a next bright star!! Good luck and good business!!
does anybody no if faddy wants to leave ? if he goes for 5.75 mil then thats not bad we paid 1.25 mil for him good return on what we forked out me thinks,plus were all rite for strikers got some good young tallent at are club so that department is covered,but thats just my view