IGNORED

Again!

Following this thread with interest, I wasn't there so it is impossible to comment on the event itself. Is it a case of the cozzers being heavyhanded in order to flex their muscles as an example to others to toe the line?, or are they just being c*nts and the young cozzers are fed up of listening to the older ones about how they used to battle 500 on the Park and have decided to stir things up?.

Paying the money we do, makes us paying customers, the police are paid by the club, we pay the club, so the coppers work for us. Unless there was violence there is no need for them to behave like pigs ( :P ).

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

Following this thread with interest, I wasn't there so it is impossible to comment on the event itself.  Is it a case of the cozzers being heavyhanded in order to flex their muscles as an example to others to toe the line?, or are they just being c*nts and the young cozzers are fed up of listening to the older ones about how they used to battle 500 on the Park and have decided to stir things up?.

Paying the money we do, makes us paying customers, the police are paid by the club, we pay the club, so the coppers work for us.  Unless there was violence there is no need for them to behave like pigs ( :P ).

Just a thought.

ATB

Mac

erm....if you need a pint that much that you feel the need to moan about it and write about it on here, then you have a serious problem! :D

ITS one pint at half time...get over it!

sorry i havent been replying of late been away to the lakes wiv the college.

to answer any questions im 18 and who gives a fuck about how old you are and the passion you have for the club. just cos you have been there an done that dont mean you have the right to judge fellow evertonians.

you talk about passion for the club: i know a 13 yr old kid who sits infront of me (an a bit to the left) who has been to every single league and cup game since he was eight. he has sacrified his school for the club he loves. i think in a way that is passion. he and his dad (yes not a youth) are involved in the atmosphere downstairs.

Another thing i would like to point out. if a youth was to walk down a street and punch an old woman in the face it would make headline news.

if a middle aged man was to walk down the street and shoot a old woman it would probably get a short coloum in the middle of the paper.

Discrimination against youths????

i understand your point mate, but there is never an excuse for throwing ale or anything else at the police. What will it acheive??

and a further point, matchday police act on the advice of the stadium manager. with the use of CCTV they anticipate problems and 'move in' accordingly.

As pointed out, why would the police (who of course can be 'over zealous' in their handling of trouble) move in for no apparent reason ??

the minority can ruin it for the majority

its true about youths these days, we are being pointed out to be all bad behaving thugs yet id say 80% of us aren't. I was at the millwall match when i stood up and yelled "OMG ref r ya blind?" and a plod told me to sit down and shut up or be thrown out the ground, yet a man about 50ish was f-in nd blindin yet nothing was said to himand he was 2 rows infront. I agree that beer is for drinkin not thrownin but we are allowed the right to free speach rnt we not? well we should be allowed to sng and shout what we want!

the main problem there is that the police find it easier to try and intimidate an 18 yr old , rather than a 50 yr old.

By doing so they look like they are controlling the crowd, but in reality the are taking the easy way out

Football fans and Police go together like Gary Glitter and a nursery - BAD MIX

They both provoke each other, but the simple fact is that you can't win by shouting/screaming/throwing anything at the police, so why bother??

Another thing i would like to point out. if a youth was to walk down a street and punch an old woman in the face it would make headline news.

if a middle aged man was to walk down the street and shoot a old woman it would probably get a short coloum in the middle of the paper.

Discrimination against youths????

You don't do your argument any favours saying ridiculous things like that..

This thread is turning silly now for two reasons as far as i can see,

1) The younger people are struggling for the language to explain themselves correctly.

2) The older people are blinded by preconceptions of youth and the "throwing ale" remark.

The facts are police brutality lead to an us throwing alea at them and if you consider that as yobbish behavior please ask yourselves what would have happened in the same situation 20 years ago? IMO the police would have been steamed and the inocent people they where beating and aresting for no reason freed!

What this discussion needs is someone older who was in the glad at the time to give their opinion on weather this was a case of youth misbehaving or police overeaction and insightment.

Any takers?

Think we all need to get over the 'no ale' at half time situation.

It really aint a big deal - you manage to get one pint in, two at most (if lucky) - what does that one pint actually acheive - status?! because it certainly wont get you pissed!

If you threw beer over me, I would be pretty annoyed and would probably punch you. If I had the power to punish you further, I probably would.

So whether it is an over reaction or insightment or whatever from the police, the fans still should not have thrown beer over the cops.

What was the point, they are not going to smile happily as they ge drenched - they are going to get their own back!!!

Its ONE pint FFS - lets get real here. Stop moaning about it - its a privelage that was taken away for reasons of stupidity on the fans part. Get over it.

I couldnt care less if they served ale or not what i care about is that the police are using bullying tactics and intimidation to control the fans. The reason for this i dont know our only crime as far as i can see is having the audacity to sing at the match!!

As previously stated the ale was thrown because of the first arest which i was 2 feet away from. A 17yr old lad was dancing 2 feet infront of the singing crowd not even looking at the police when two of them slammed him to the ground and then they did that one on each arm, one on each leg and one on the head move usualy reserved for 18 stone lunatics.

Prey on the straglers, its a shithouse trick and they did it to prove a point. The point they dont want us to sing downstairs because if anything was to happen they wouldnt see it or be able to control it! They are happy for us all to stand and drink in quiet but if we sing at the match then 5 grown men are going to beat a 17 year old lad in front of you to show you they are in control.

I spoke to the lad who was arested first the next week and he told me he had the shit kicked out of him in the bizzie van 3 times by different groups of police! What did he do? Stray from the pack was his only crime!

I ask you all if it were your son, younger brother, nephew etc would you still be on the "oficers of the law" side?

New thread topic...."Do Arl asses really still no how to have fun".

Im on the cusp I spose, arl ass to some, not so to others. ( Though am pushing closer to 40 then 35.. :o ..these days)

Spose ill be down their with all you lot hurling the ale during me next "Mid life crisis", re discovering the yth etc.

Last Mid life crisis ended with me stuck here in the Land of Oz...No complaints like,.

For the record gentlemen we all sung and bounced around at half time yesterday, not quite as much as over past weeks but it happened all the same.

The police tactics where different this week, they stood and watched from a distance, they also never came steaming into us when the game kicked off again. In short we were left to drink, sing, and stand downstairs until we had finished our ale!

Not one pint thrown, no arests and generaly good behaviour proving that when left to our own devices nothing "yobbish" happenes! I hope the bizzies learn from this, incite a group of 15-30 year old men and they will fight back, leave them alone and there is no bother!

We've got our ale back but now we want our tables!!

COYB