IGNORED

Park Ends Second Tier

bluehead

A couple of years ago on a coach to an away game an Everton steward was on with us and we got talking about Goodison Park and he said the Park End HAS a second tier built but the club can't afford to fit it and it's in storage somewhere. I'm unsure if he was telling the truth or winding me up can anyone shed any light on this?

Edited by bluehead

I can't see that being true at all. It would be cheaper to build it than to keep it in storage for a year or two. Look at Merseytram, millions of pound worth of steel rail lines sitting in storage and they are looking to sell it off because it costs too large an amount to store.

On a similar note I heard that Peter Johnson didn't want to add a second tier to the Park End because it would cost £2million more, it makes you think, had he had a different opinion the Kirkby conundrum would never have arisen.

Incidentally my old college tutor was a steward at the weekends and when pressed for gossip he very rarely had any.

i heard that as well, a couple of years ago, on merseyside, some guy swore blind, that the 2nd tier was in a warehouse in the wirral because the park end is essentially a lego set, i can confirm that much because i remember listening to that either at the end of kings dock or sometime in 03/04, i have to trust my dad for the next bit but: radio merseyside checked it out and discovered it was true and a 2nd hulk existed and its just lying around.

dunno whether i want it to be true though, on the one hand an extra tier reinforces KEIOC's idea that redevelopement is possible, but then if it is true i'll always have my auwl feller "I was bloody right about the park end 2nd tier" to add to his never ending BT tales.