IGNORED

Yobo, Yak & Pienaar

Zed

Drew with Angola, and right now they are getting pounded 3-0 by Tunisia, which will leave them last on goal differential. They aren't totally out of it, though; if they can beat Senegal (a big "if") in their last match they could still sneak into second depending on the results of the Tunisia-Angola match.

Slim chance for the Rovers game if everything goes 4 us maybe????

Yobo and Yak for sure because their (potentially) last game is tomorrow. South Africa don't play til Thursday so not a lot of chance of Pienaar being back in time....the one time we could actually do with a Sunday kick-off we don't get it <_< .

The "good" thing is that SA are out barring a miracle and I can see Ivory Coast letting Mali get the draw they need to qualify which would put Nigeria out. IC would be delighted to see them gone because they're a much bigger threat in terms of winning the tournament than Mali.

Edited by MikeO

Why? AJ didn't even get a chance because of the shitness of our midfield. Yak would have done no better because he wouldn't have seen the ball.

agree, i dont think AJ is a bad player. too many people think we're not scoring enough, we need a new/different striker in there...ive said for a long time evertons problem lies in midfield and i think my point has been more than proven with the addition of pienaar. that bit of class on the ball we needed, when he's in the side we play better and we create more. players like cahill, carsley, neville they have very little ability with the ball at their feet.

you can't expect AJ to score when the midfield can't keep the ball and use it, and because of that the defence bypass them, basically turning AJ into a winger, making him work for everything rather than chasing through balls now and then.

it is NOT AJs fault, I think, considering the playing time since Yaks arrival, he's actually done rather well and is a valuable member of the squad

Edited by CraccerC

agree, i dont think AJ is a bad player. too many people think we're not scoring enough, we need a new/different striker in there...ive said for a long time evertons problem lies in midfield and i think my point has been more than proven with the addition of pienaar. that bit of class on the ball we needed, when he's in the side we play better and we create more. players like cahill, carsley, neville they have very little ability with the ball at their feet.

you can't expect AJ to score when the midfield can't keep the ball and use it, and because of that the defence bypass them, basically turning AJ into a winger, making him work for everything rather than chasing through balls now and then.

it is NOT AJs fault, I think, considering the playing time since Yaks arrival, he's actually done rather well and is a valuable member of the squad

that he is, you carnt score if you dont get the service.

Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar, who picked up an ankle knock in training, and defender Tsepo Masilela, who is recovering from a pulled hamstring, will undergo late fitness tests ahead of the match

pienaar is coming home as it stands they will be out in about half an hour now id like to think

hope his 'knock' isnt too bad as he didnt make the team today.