IGNORED

Pienaar & Arteta Goals

jofanon

I've never understood why Arteta so often seems afraid to shoot. he gets space 20-25 yards out which he'd hapily take a dead ball from any time but he very very rarely shoots and will look for a difficult pass over shooting.

I'm sure he could score a few if he was willing to have a go.

Moyes commented a while back that he's been trying to get Arteta to try to score more goals as it's something that's missing from his game.

the only other negative comment I have about his is that sometimes he slows things a little too much on the wing. as much as i love the casual way he stops the ball and draws a defender, I noticed that against Chelssea, a team with quality defenders who won't charge in all feet to give away a foul he often struggled to make head way. he could do with sometimes making the quick move and back to the original goal point, if he was willing to cut in with a bit of pace maybe he could power off a few shots in that way similar to that of Joe Cole or Ronaldo.

Since we're playing 4-5-1 when at full strength then I've got to agree. Actually it'd be nice if Manny or Osman (whichever one plays) could chip in also. However, when we play 4-4-2 - which we kinda have to at the minute - then I don't think it should be as expected of them personally.

erm... how about if the team stopped playing with the fear that has gripped them recently following that wonderful run of games when we were actually playing decent football? I personally think it is less to do with Arteta personally and the rest of the team not taking his lead from last year.

Theyve only stopped playing football cos OSMAN and PIENAAR havent been in midfield, I think Pienaar has been more influential to us than Arteta this season, not only because of his faster and more direct play, but it allows Osman to play inside where he plays much better, cos Osman is not a winger.

When everbody is back in the Side, i will settle for a midfield of Arteta, Osman, Fernandes, Pienaar. you should see some football then.