IGNORED

Tim Cahill

Aussie

Hi everyone, I'm obviously new to this site, and despite not being an Everton fan (don't judge me), I keep an interest in the Toffees simply because (and you might have guessed this by now), I'm Australian, and Tim Cahill plays for your lot.

So this thread is to ask you what you think of him.

In Australia, he's very highly rated, but I'm not so sure. He has a habit of popping up at the right times, and don't get me wrong, what a talent that is, but he doesn't pass very well and struggles to maintain possession.

Anyway, I want to know how actual Everton supporters rate him.

Cheers.

Well TC is my favourite player at the club. He may not be the most technically gifted player in the world but his importance to our team (especially in a 451) is unparalelled tbh. He can be having a poor game and be pretty anonymous and then he'll pop up with an important goal for us, he did it consistently while he was fit last season and he's doing it again this season. We miss him massivley when he's not playing and that says it all for me. I wouldn't swap TC for anyone else who does the same job he does.

His brother's not up to much though hahaha

We've loved him since Kaiserslauten as they say, but since we've got our new Dutch coach (not Hiddink unfortunately), Cahill's lack of technical ability has seen him with somewhat reduced responsibilities.

But I guess at a long ball club like Everton that doesn't matter much :P

His brother's not up to much though hahaha

We've loved him since Kaiserslauten as they say, but since we've got our new Dutch coach (not Hiddink unfortunately), Cahill's lack of technical ability has seen him with somewhat reduced responsibilities.

But I guess at a long ball club like Everton that doesn't matter much :P

Well if we are a long ball club so is every club in football or could I suggest you learn something about the game before commenting

being an aussie myself as well as being a supporter of everton, ill go out on a limb and say in the australian team he's the best player easily. it doesnt matter if hes having a good game or not, his presence in the team is always had a positive effect on the team's performance.

in terms of playing for everton, i think as well his value to us is of the highest level. the winning run we had last year was on the back of him being in the team, and apparently if he had played all season and had been getting similar results when he was playing we'd be coming close to winning the league. i rate him as one of the best attacking mids in the premier league, and if you compared them all on performances i think he'd be probably close to, if not, the best, of the other players.

Well if we are a long ball club so is every club in football or could I suggest you learn something about the game before commenting

Only having a laugh mate, hence the :P.

Don't want to get off-topic but I do support Arsenal, and let's just say the bad old days of George Graham are long gone shall we?

being an aussie myself as well as being a supporter of everton, ill go out on a limb and say in the australian team he's the best player easily. it doesnt matter if hes having a good game or not, his presence in the team is always had a positive effect on the team's performance.

He's probably our best player, Kewell considered, but I do get frustrated by him. I might also say that Vinnie Grella and Bresh are up there too.

He's probably our best player, Kewell considered, but I do get frustrated by him. I might also say that Vinnie Grella and Bresh are up there too.

oh yeah definately they are class players as well, all im saying is tim cahill is probably the best of the bunch. aint never gonna forget the game against japan in the world cup :D:D

oh yeah definately they are class players as well, all im saying is tim cahill is probably the best of the bunch. aint never gonna forget the game against japan in the world cup :D:D

Simon Hill called that perfectly. Strangely, I have one lasting memory of the World Cup, and it involved Spider Kalac and horrible mistake against the Croats.

Love Cahill you can trust him to score. a few times what else he brings to the team was questioned but he runs like an eager beaver, plus he's a committed player (see ossie's first goal vs brann who decided to put their foot in!) plus he gets goals when we play the sky 4.

if we had a championship winning side, then perhaps people would talk about cahill as an equal to alan ball as an evertonian legend.

Hi everyone, I'm obviously new to this site, and despite not being an Everton fan (don't judge me), I keep an interest in the Toffees simply because (and you might have guessed this by now), I'm Australian, and Tim Cahill plays for your lot.

So this thread is to ask you what you think of him.

In Australia, he's very highly rated, but I'm not so sure. He has a habit of popping up at the right times, and don't get me wrong, what a talent that is, but he doesn't pass very well and struggles to maintain possession.

Anyway, I want to know how actual Everton supporters rate him.

Cheers.

i think saying he doesnt pass well and struggles to maintain possession are wide of the mark. he tends not to give the ball away, when he has it at this feet he keeps it simple and normally finds his man.

but to me he is our best player, if he plays we dont often get beat. id like to see him as our captain one day

not at the same rate, no

Out of interest...

Ossie 19 goals in 136 games. Goal every seven games roughly.

Arteta 13 in 109. One every eight games.

Valuable contributions certainly but...

TC 31 in 103. Goal every three and a half.

Not sure if those figures include this season but either way it wouldn't make a lot of difference.

Out of interest...

Ossie 19 goals in 136 games. Goal every seven games roughly.

Arteta 13 in 109. One every eight games.

Valuable contributions certainly but...

TC 31 in 103. Goal every three and a half.

Not sure if those figures include this season but either way it wouldn't make a lot of difference.

Granted goal ratio is better than other midfielders but original comment implied other midfielders cannot score goals where as TC can, which is inaccurate. Without a doubt TC is a great player for our club but I do not see him as a super world beating midfielder like a lot of fans seem to.

I don't think he's world class - I know he is.

Someone on another site analyzed Everton's PL results for the last 2 seasons in two sections: games TC started and games he didn't. I don't recall the exact numbers, but the games he started we averaged something like half a point more than those he didn't.

And that's over 76 games, which makes it a meaningful statistic.

I don't think he's world class - I know he is.

Someone on another site analyzed Everton's PL results for the last 2 seasons in two sections: games TC started and games he didn't. I don't recall the exact numbers, but the games he started we averaged something like half a point more than those he didn't.

And that's over 76 games, which makes it a meaningful statistic.

It was last season CT, he played 18 times and we won 40 pts, in the remaining 20 games we got 20 pts, for once the facts speak for themsleves mate <_<

Guest Reg Reagan
Well TC is my favourite player at the club. He may not be the most technically gifted player in the world but his importance to our team (especially in a 451) is unparalelled tbh. He can be having a poor game and be pretty anonymous and then he'll pop up with an important goal for us, he did it consistently while he was fit last season and he's doing it again this season. We miss him massivley when he's not playing and that says it all for me. I wouldn't swap TC for anyone else who does the same job he does.

and thats my reason for him to quit international football for the skips. everton are a far more important and much more of a priority then the soccerwhos.

And cahill is the most invaluable player we have had in ages.