IGNORED

Are The Shite The New Leeds?

• 2 weeks later...

Hiya Red long time no see, just looking at what you said, your squad does'nt seem to have the same belief in themselves this season, as in previous seasons, i think they realise they are never going to win the prem.

Gerrard and Torres especially are not the same players, Mascherano is pants and Carragher is getting a bit past it, he seems to get away with a penalty in every game now.

The player who couldnt get a game last season (Benayoun) has been the star player for you this season, so it shows you just how poor the rest have been.

Anyway welcome back mate.

Hiya Red long time no see, just looking at what you said, your squad does'nt seem to have the same belief in themselves this season, as in previous seasons, i think they realise they are never going to win the prem.

Gerrard and Torres especially are not the same players, Mascherano is pants and Carragher is getting a bit past it, he seems to get away with a penalty in every game now.

The player who couldnt get a game last season (Benayoun) has been the star player for you this season, so it shows you just how poor the rest have been.

OOPS .... He didnt get away with it at Fulham, the Ref had to give one of the two. ;)

bit different...there hasn't been a 'top 5' just a 'top 4' we're no competition for the champions league places...that's why it's not the same

i disagree, we have acheived a CL place in the past, and theres no reason why we cant push again. i understand what you mean, the media seem oto have the Big Four then everyone else. im a little young to remember the 80s, so dont know much about the media then. but i see your point...

i disagree, we have acheived a CL place in the past, and theres no reason why we cant push again. i understand what you mean, the media seem oto have the Big Four then everyone else. im a little young to remember the 80s, so dont know much about the media then. but i see your point...

we've also won the league in the past, it is what it is - the past. i don't remember the 80s each I just think the belief that we can get anywhere near breaking the top 4 with our squad is admirable but blind optimism...we're a million miles away arsenal, liverpool, united and chelsea. Throw Spurs and City into the equation now and we'll do extremely well to get european football this year, it's just being realistic.

we've also won the league in the past, it is what it is - the past. i don't remember the 80s each I just think the belief that we can get anywhere near breaking the top 4 with our squad is admirable but blind optimism...we're a million miles away arsenal, liverpool, united and chelsea. Throw Spurs and City into the equation now and we'll do extremely well to get european football this year, it's just being realistic.

we havent won the league recently, but we have qualified for the CL in the recent past. i know the past is the past, but its proof that a team worse off than we are now, and worse of than the other teams at the time (Liverpool being the prime example) can overcome the odds. Look at the team that played Villareal: Nigel Martyn, Tony Hibbert, Joseph Yobo, David Weir, Alessandro Pistone (James McFadden, 80), Tim Cahill, Mikel Arteta, Phil Neville, Simon Davies, Kevin Kilbane (Duncan Ferguson, 63), James Beattie (Marcus Bent, 63). Youve got to admit we've come a long way since then.

and as for other teams investing more than us this year, this is no different than normal. Spurs, every year, spend a fortune and acheive nothing. The link below is for the spending in the year we qualified for CL, 2004/2005:

http://www.footballeconomy.com/stats/stats_turnover_10.htm

West Brom spent 4 times as much as we did! I know where youre coming from, i reallly do, but looking back over the years, we have continually defied all the odds to qualify, with skeleton squads and shoestring budgets. dont see why we cant again, especially since we have replaced McFadden, Beattie and Bent with Billy, Yak and Saha...

Its all been said in another thread, especially by me, Burnley, Stoke and Wolves should have been nine points and we should have had 20 plus points by now.

This season we've had the best chance in years to look down on our neighbors but we're playing even worse than they are, shit every week. :(

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks.

Had the swine flu for a couple of weeks. It wasn't fun at all!

Anyway, Liverpool v Everton for Europa League final? : :lol:

Edited by Scottish Red