IGNORED

2009/2010 Official Toffeetalk Forum Awards (information And Nomination)

Ian C

Yes folks it's that time of the year. We're out of all cup competitions and the most we can hope for is qualification for a competition nobody but us and our bank manager gives a shite about. The transfer window doesn't open for us until August 31st and there's a short list of decidedly shite opposition between us and the World Cup. Yes folks, it's April.

So to brighten the mood, I've decided to organise a popularity contest forum awards to allow everyone to waste another 5 minutes of time that they probably should be spending doing the thing their employer is paying them to do :lol:

We will have five categories, in addition to our long-running player of the season award which has it's own unique voting system.

1) Young Player of the Season: The player considered by our members to have given the strongest performances for a young player over the entire season. I did think of taking this award from the Man of the Match awards like the ordinary Player of the Season but I felt that that system might overlook players who shined, but perhaps didn't play as much as the others (which is not an indictment on the player as it is for candidates for player of the season). All players aged 23 and under as of May 31st 2010 are eligible for this award, and the player must have made at least 1 first team appearance this season. Performances while on loan should not be counted.

2) Most Improved Player - The player who has improved the most during this season. Obviously a subjective category and opinions may differ so play nice! All players who have played for the first team this season are eligible. Performances while on loan should be counted

3) Best Admin/Mod - Yes that category in which you can suck up to the people who can ban your arse and ship you off to BlueKippper (the horror). Refers to both what they post and how helpful they are. Obviously a light-hearted category as they're all appalling :P

4) Best Poster - Only the best of the best need apply. The true stalwart Evertonians for whom it is not enough to shout abuse from their seats on their couch or in the Gwladys, but who feel so strongly about their team that they will google for and register on a forum from which they can abuse, slander and libel the footballing and personal lives of the donkeys who masquerade as professional footballers once (or gasp, maybe twice, those mean fixture schedulers) a week on the pitch of Goodison Park. Which poster do YOU (yes you!) think contributed the most to the vast zeitgeist of ToffeeTalk this year?

5) Best Thread - Oh those beautiful headings into which we type our angry, knee-jerking responses into, what would we be without them? Which thread do you think spurred the debate the most this season. Threads in the Off-Topic forums do not count, as the Longest Thread would win it every year :lol:

---------------------------------

Nominations

So you've heard the categories, and I bet you're wondering how you nominate a player, poster or thread (Yeah probably not, but humour me :P).

Well, it's pretty basic. Simply copy and paste the template below into a reply to this thread and fill in your nominees. For all categories make sure the person or thread is eligible for that catgory and when nominating a thread please provide a link to it. And have a look if that person has already been nominated a couple of times before, if so, why not nominate your second choice for a bit of variety? Simples!

Please, please, please follow the template or Johnny Heitinga will get you.

Young Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Best Mod/Admin:

Best Poster:

Best Thread:

And I should stress that this is not the voting thread, no category will be won on number of nominations

Edited by Grarghsies

Yes folks it's that time of the year. We're out of all cup competitions and the most we can hope for is qualification for a competition nobody but us and our bank manager gives a shite about. The transfer window doesn't open for us until August 31st and there's a short list of decidedly shite opposition between us and the World Cup. Yes folks, it's April.

So to brighten the mood, I've decided to organise a popularity contest forum awards to allow everyone to waste another 5 minutes of time that they probably should be spending doing the thing their employer is paying them to do :lol:

We will have five categories, in addition to our long-running player of the season award which has it's own unique voting system.

1) Young Player of the Season: The player considered by our members to have given the strongest performances for a young player over the entire season. I did think of taking this award from the Man of the Match awards like the ordinary Player of the Season but I felt that that system might overlook players who shined, but perhaps didn't play as much as the others (which is not an indictment on the player as it is for candidates for player of the season). All players aged 23 and under as of May 31st 2010 are eligible for this award, and the player must have made at least 1 first team appearance this season. Performances while on loan should not be counted.

2) Most Improved Player - The player who has improved the most during this season. Obviously a subjective category and opinions may differ so play nice! All players who have played for the first team this season are eligible. Performances while on loan should be counted

3) Best Admin/Mod - Yes that category in which you can suck up to the people who can ban your arse and ship you off to BlueKippper (the horror). Refers to both what they post and how helpful they are. Obviously a light-hearted category as they're all appalling :P

4) Best Poster - Only the best of the best need apply. The true stalwart Evertonians for whom it is not enough to shout abuse from their seats on their couch or in the Gwladys, but who feel so strongly about their team that they will google for and register on a forum from which they can abuse, slander and libel the footballing and personal lives of the donkeys who masquerade as professional footballers once (or gasp, maybe twice, those mean fixture schedulers) a week on the pitch of Goodison Park. Which poster do YOU (yes you!) think contributed the most to the vast zeitgeist of ToffeeTalk this year?

5) Best Thread - Oh those beautiful headings into which we type our angry, knee-jerking responses into, what would we be without them? Which thread do you think spurred the debate the most this season. Threads in the Off-Topic forums do not count, as the Longest Thread would win it every year :lol:

---------------------------------

Nominations

So you've heard the categories, and I bet you're wondering how you nominate a player, poster or thread (Yeah probably not, but humour me :P).

Well, it's pretty basic. Simply copy and paste the template below into a reply to this thread and fill in your nominees. For all categories make sure the person or thread is eligible for that catgory and when nominating a thread please provide a link to it. And have a look if that person has already been nominated a couple of times before, if so, why not nominate your second choice for a bit of variety? Simples!

Please, please, please follow the template or Johnny Heitinga will get you.

Young Player of the Year:

Most Improved Player:

Best Mod/Admin:

Best Poster:

Best Thread:

And I should stress that this is not the voting thread, no category will be won on number of nominations

Who are the admins/mods?

Young Player of the Year: Fellaini

Most Improved Player: Osman..never saw him dominate a game like he did against man utd before

Best Mod/Admin: Don't really know enough about them to make a judgement...

Best Poster: Romey...i like anyone who is opinionated and i might not always agree with him but at least he just says it how it is

Best Thread: thought the 'who should come in and who should go out' thread was a good one..got an opinion out of most people and got everyone talkin at least :D

My nominations -

Young Player of the Season - Fellaini

Most Improved Player - Distin. Distin still puts the shits up me but he's gotten more solid as the season has gone on.

Best admin/mod - MikeO. He's just an all round nice fella tbh.

Best Poster - Bailey. I enjoy reading pretty much all of his posts tbh.

Best Thread - Time to Drop Cahill? by DangerMouse.

Young Player of the Year: Fellaini.

Its scary to think this guy is still soo young and with the performances he started showing by dominating games single-handidly, i cant wait for him to be in the middle again, with Arteta pulling all the strings *wet dream*.

Most Improved Player: Distin.

I was quite impressed when we bought him, was disappointed when he played but ever since some poor performances come the end of last year, he's grown in stature, confidence and has been pretty solid since the new year. For that he is the most improved.

Best Mod/Admin: Romey.

I don't think there's a thread he's not got his dirty little hands on haha :lol: He says how he see's it and usually its the same opinion as mine, so thats why he got it.

Best Poster: Galacticaracnid.

Posts honestly, doesn't offend anyone and think that spider at the bottom of his signature is class aha!! :lol: In seriousness though, i enjoy what he writes.

Best Thread: Johnny Heitinga - Man Crush. By Adz09

I love Johnny. I love showing that. I loved this thread. :wub:

Edited by tenaciousj

1) Have to go along with Felli.

2) Distin

3) Mark...He's just an all round nice fella tbh ( :smile_anim: 's as good as a ;) ) :lol: .

4) Tough...many strong posters, old and new, quick scan around I came up with Beard, Bailey, Spidey, 1982, tenj, Holystove & Churinga, Grar, Marco, Wooney, Hafnia, 250, adz, carlmc, craigb, EW (though he's not on so much now), EFC-Paul, DangerMouse, Iggy, Rubecula, Tricktrev plus assorted Aussies (senior moment, can't think of any names) and Americans (Bluenoseyankee, Nutmegwolf). Sure I've missed a few...Craccer's good value when he visits also. I need to think about it some more.

5) Heitinga rumour thread...not just because I started it..lovely to see the scepticism that such a quality player would sign for us turn to hope and then fullfillment :) .

1) Fellaini

2) Disagree with the choice of Distin here. He played very well in the beginning, then became awful, and now he's OK. I'm going with Coleman. Not too many to chose from in this category.

3) Mike. For naming nearly everyone in his vote for "best poster" :).

4) MikeO. Always find myself agreeing. Plus he's also active in the non-football related topics which are often very interesting.

5) Has to be the "quiz question" where math and logic died :) "The Scam".

Young Player of the Year: Rodwell. His goal against Man Utd was absolute class and his performance against Hull was also right up there. It seems a long time ago but he was our best player for much of the early part of the season.

Most Improved Player: Felli. At the start of the year, even the biggest Mo-Fro lovers (me included) were finding it hard to over look his frailties, however since switching to DM he has been an absolute class act and produced a moment I will never forget when he did that piroet (sp?) on Bellamy. Legend.

Best Mod/Admin: Toughey, as they are all so brilliant :P ... My shout goes to Romey, he is honest with his posts and is generally spot on. I also find it quite amusing when he takes the piss out of people/players :o

Best Poster: TenaciousJ. Also spot on with most posts and the 'n' some fuckin' Diddy Doughnuts!' makes me chuckle everytime I read it!

Best Thread: The Yak vs Saha thread, where the poster (sorry cant remember who!) mildly slagged off Saha only for him to score 2 against Chelsea shortly after! Im still waiting for the 'Neville is a carthorse' thread though!

Young Player of the Year: Jack Rodwell. Been a fantastic season for the lad and hopefully even better in the next few seasons

Most Improved Player: Distin. When he arrived he looked like rubbish alongside Yobo, now he looks decent (but that could be down to Jags making anybody look good next to him :P )

Best Mod/Admin: Mark (Romey 1878), always contributes honest and straightforward opinions i.e. player ratings

Best Poster: Mike0, wisdom years beyond most of us.

Best Thread: Who should come in and who should go out thread, always interesting to see what predictions people hold for the future of our club in regards to new players and those leaving.

Young player of the year: Rodwell

Most Improved Player: Felli

Best Mod/Admin: MikeO - Always contributes to all posts - polite to all.

Best Poster: Carlmc - Well written, balenced and educated posts - normally agree with.

Best Thread: Match day Manchester United (home) - loved the game, and it was great to see nobody whinging!!!

Young player, probably Rodwell.

Most improved, well when you think of the stick Fellaini used to get, to how he was being talked about before his injury, then you'd have to say him!

Best Mod/Admin....Who knows how much work is done behind the scenes :unsure: I guess they all do a good job?

Best poster! MikeO, for his all round contribution to the threads, Romey, for his match reports (never too far off the mark) Carlmc, who stuck around after getting stick early days and makes good posts.....and all the posters, that can be bothered to join in, otherwise we wouldn't have a forum would we!.......even milky!

Best thread, anything that can keep going for more than a couple of weeks.....must be good surely.

Young player of the year: Rodwell - continued his excellent development.

Most Improved Player: Fellaini - looked good last season but has looked world class at times this season.

Best Thread: Anything by 'dave' e.g Investment - also his who should come/ go topic - they're so bad they're genius!!!

Best Mod/Admin: Bill is always very helpful with any info/ things you want to do with the forum.

Best Poster: Romey/MikeO/JamieMaher - they all post a lot and keep things ticking along nicely here, agree with a lot of what each has to say. I've also found I've agreed a lot with duncanmacenzieismagic a lot in the past.

Young Player of the Year: - Jack Rodwell

Most Improved Player: - Marouane Fellaini

Best Mod/Admin: - All of them (How's THAT for an arse lick!)

Best Poster: - Don't like to single out any one person but Mike/Romey/Galacticaracnid/Tenacious/Hafnia/Craccer usually post decent stuff

Best Thread - Heitinga man love springs to mind.

Best Mod/Admin: - All of them (How's THAT for an arse lick!)

thats the closest ive come to a nomination so nice one iggy. (i'll return the favour one day as i still owe you one from the cup semi final ticket)

young player - fellaini - when we was pushed a little further back we saw what he can be capable of for years to come. oh, and for banging Rooneys cousin.

most improved player - baines - was always a good player, but found consistency like no other this season, really upped his game and hopefully rewarded with a world cup place.

mod/admin: mike - im not gunna blow your trumpet mike :gay:

poster: craccerc - for his untouchable "owning" skillz

thread: Johnny Man Love - the biggest gay orgy TT has ever seen

Young Player of the Year: only a couple of contenders but i think Felli is streaks ahead of Rodwell, which is fair enough considering the age difference.

Most Improved Player: Felli again, though a shout out to Ossie who has been immense. I always knew he had it in him.

Best Mod/Admin: everyone has been helpful. Bill and Louis for technical skills, Mike for being very welcoming and Mark who cracks me up with some of his replies (Post #20- all worthy! Im sure ive missed people out here but im not entirely sure who is a mod/admin and who isnt!

Best Poster: of course, the people who've mentioned me! But seriously, like Mike says, theres loadsa people on here that contribute and make it the best Everton forum going. Ten, Mark, Bill, Mike, Louis, Grarghsies, Baily, Dark, Iggy, Hafnia, DuncanMckensieismagic, Tricky... Even Milky and ToffeeBlue for causing some great argeuments, putdowns and the rest! :D the list goes on and i know ive missed people off there who deserve recognition but its only 10 mins before the end of lunch! Thanks to everyone for welcoming an ex-blueroomer the way you all have! (Is this too much man love? ok ok, i'll stop now!)

Best Thread: I think the Everton facial hair Link, though there are several!

Edited by galacticaracnid

thats the closest ive come to a nomination so nice one iggy. (i'll return the favour one day as i still owe you one from the cup semi final ticket)

young player - fellaini - when we was pushed a little further back we saw what he can be capable of for years to come. oh, and for banging Rooneys cousin.

most improved player - baines - was always a good player, but found consistency like no other this season, really upped his game and hopefully rewarded with a world cup place.

mod/admin: mike - im not gunna blow your trumpet mike :gay:

poster: craccerc - for his untouchable "owning" skillz

thread: Johnny Man Love - the biggest gay orgy TT has ever seen

word, datz how i roll, bout time da rest of dese bitches recognised!

Young Player of the Year: Fellaini, just getting into the form of his Everton career when struck down with injury.

Most Improved Player: Fellaini, see above.

Best Mod/Admin: As I am a bit of a technophobe I don't really understand the role of the Mod/ Admin and what they do. However Bill did sort out the picture of The Beard so he gets my vote.

Best Poster: Regular posters/ contributers like MikeO, Romey, TenaciousJ, Galactic, Grarghsies, Holystove, Churinga etc spring to mind, apologies for those I have missed. However controversially I thought efctaxi was a rather good poster, does he count as he left a while back.

Best Thread: I agree with Holystove about The Scam, albeit none football related it caused quite a stir and decent argument. For football, I agree with others on the who should come in thread. A subject that will always cause balanced debates.