IGNORED

Images Of The New Stadium

Pictures of the proposed stadium to be released 10am Friday on the official site:

link

Keith Wyness "The project is going to cost around £150m, but Everton will only be faced with a debt of between £10m and £15m, which is relatively nothing these days when the result is a brand new stadium. Tesco are putting in £50m towards the cost of the stadium, but they have negotiated a deal with their own contractors. This means we will be getting a stadium building that would otherwise have cost £75m. There is then the cost of fitting out the new stadium. The sale of Goodison Park will realise up to £15m and naming rights will earn us up to £25m. That will leave the club to fund the balance of the fitting out costs and we think that could be as low as £10m."

Stadium_Aerial.jpg

Stadium_corner2.jpg

Stadium_corner3.jpg

Stadium_entrance.jpg

Stadium_megastore.jpg

Stadium_side.jpg

internal01.jpg

Edited by Bluetrip

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stadium_Aerial_1.jpg

There's no disputing its a fine stadium, its where its situated which causes the unrest.

It would look fabulous in the City, reminding everybody that we were the original, the one and only Football Club in the city.

Stadium_Aerial_2.jpg

How dare they even contemplate banishing us from our home, this should not be allowed to happen and i will be very disappointed in all the Board members if this project goes ahead, this same stadium can be built within the City.

I really like it to be honest-

It turns the whole sky Royal blue!!! Would be nice to also see some daylight images, as can make things look better than they are with 'mood' lighting.

I am glad that we are breaking the 'bowl' shape mould and having a more traditional shaped ground.

Still have that 'end feeling and belonging'. A good size for our curent support, but leave scope for future expansion if needed(we can hope). But good to have that option.

its beautiful very similar the the colongne stadium witch i understand they modled it on. as it produced the best atmosphere of the world cup apparently

4qfmgrn.jpg

well to the people who still arnt convinced and would rather rot in Goodison in the city then a fresh start in a new place new stadium lets face it anyway we allready live in the shadow of the SH**TE the council wont let us have the park but when liverpool ask they get it straight away.

besides this is one of our last options infact this is our last option

building a stadium like this can not be done in the city thats what people dont understand. there will be no backing from tesco's witch is basicly funding the whole thing witch we are blessed with allready as the top top man in tesco's is a blue.

plus there is no acctualy sights but non witch are defenately ok plus kirkby is situated right of a moterway so the accses is going to be brilliant with rails being built ect

there is no plan B thats what people need to grasp here otherwise we are going to be in Goodison till finaly the safety certificate go's and then weel be basicly screwed and by this time liverpool will have a nice brand new stadium 60,000 seater extendible to 80,000

I can only pray and hope this go's through, people will realise if not now but in the long run thats its the best move for everton football club.

Edited by Jackelz

i dont understand why people dont like this stadium its brilliant and could attract the players that we need

i think you have misunderstood ...

people really like the stadium its just the things that our coming with it are the debait issues like it being moved out the boundtys of liverpool city itself and other things iwth it uncluding tesco's and naming rights ect.

but i do agree with you in a scence that a new stadium could attract new and better players and even with it being in kirkby i think it should go ahead as eventualy there going to extend the boundarys of liverpool.

Down to basics,

Really nice looking stadium that is going to cost around £150M to build.

It sound like Tesco's and Knowsley are going to fund the land and building the structure. Then all Everton have to pay for is the kitting out and finishing touches - i.e making it Evertons stadium against something that could just stand anywhere.

If we don't have the partnership of Tesco's and Knowsley to basically shoulder most of the finacial burden and risk, it sound as if basically we are not having a new stadium. Give the level of finances we are talking about I can beleive it.

£150M is a whole lot of money to build a stadium.

As I mentioned on another post - Even if we manage to get another partner to stump up say £50M we are going to be left with a £100M debt afterward. At 5% thats going to to cost us around £6M a year for the next 100 year - About £0.5Billion.

It all boils down to the site - I have to say for the level of financial backing we are getting from our partner on this we have to go for it.

I think we would be fools to turn it down - a golden oppertunity.

Think that new Portsmouth ground is bloody awfull for the outlay(600m), all they are getting is a 36.000 seater.

It could also have safety issues with entering and leaving with two thirds of the ground sticking out into the water.

Probably issue the away supporters with Life jackets on entering, and have to stay in half hour till every other fooka's gone home.

:D Stadium looks superb to me £150 mil and not carrying the majority of the financial burden. I'm overjoyed big fat yes from me get in there!

Pompeys ground is a bit garish in comparisson and it'll be fooked when sea levels rise hope they've got some expensive sea defenses whoops! ;)

There is no way we can say no to this.

The stadium looks great and i can just imagine being in there. B)

The stadium will mostly be funded by tesco. Which (Like Wyness said) will then leave us with VERY FEW debts.

Stadium revenue is the second biggest source of finance for income behind the tv money. Wyness said that having a new stadium will put an EXTRA 10MILLION into Moyes transfer kitty - EVERY YEAR.

WE HAVE GOT TO MOVE...