IGNORED

Pienaar Injured In Ghana

Pat

Everton's Pienaar injured in Ghana(Reuters) Thursday 31 January 2008

South Africa midfielder Steven Pienaar will be out for two to three weeks after sustaining an ankle injury at the CAF Africa Cup of Nations, the player said on Thursday.

Pienaar will return to his English Premier League club Everton with his left ankle needing treatment after a knock picked up in training on Wednesday.

"I've been told it is up to two to three weeks before it is fixed. I have been unfortunate with injuries," Pienaar said.

Pienaar missed South Africa's last group match, a 1-1 draw with Senegal in Kumasi on Thursday. South Africa finished bottom of the group with two points from their three games and were eliminated.

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfoot...ssfeed&att=

"We needed more than one though didnt we?"

I agree, while they were at Spurs signing Gardner they could have got Wayne Routledge for £1.5m, he would have been better cover on the bench than Vander Meyde, or Da silva. (now he's gone too) could have done a job for us now Pienaars out for several matches.

routledge is beyond useless, vdm anyday thank you.....in fact i'd give 4pi a game before routledge ;)

You must have shit in your eyes, anybody is better than VDM. He must go down in the history of EFC as the worst ever, and least rewarding transfer of all time.

Tell me now what exactly has he done. 3 starts, about 7 sub appearances and not once completed 90 minutes of any league game, and only once did he manage to complete a reserve game, and i think its coming up to 3 years we've paid him.

I would rather have the Toffeelady on the bench before Mr Andy never played, and for the life of me i dont know why he is still here.

You have less football knowledge or sense than i gave you credit for Raccy.

routledge is beyond useless, vdm anyday thank you.....in fact i'd give 4pi a game before routledge ;)

sounds good to me that mate! i'd offer a bit more in height than routledge so i've won that one i guess!!!

plus i've scored 18 this year so i know where the net is too!!!

And yet, there aren't too many people who can claim they've seen much of Routledge for a year or so since he hasn't been playing any first team football.

I think Routledge would be a waste of time and certainly isn't the step up in quality we need that everyone on here has been talking about.

It was me that mentioned Routledge, not as a permanent fixture but just to get us through this time of need, Pienaar away and now possibly injured, Osman and Manny not yet 1OO%, and now possibly missing Cahill, So desperate are we for midfielders we had to resort to putting De Silva and VD Meyde on the bench, two players who havent been good enough to wear the shirt since they arrived.

Chelsea go and spend £15m on Anelka to cover for Drogbha and havent dropped a league point, and won 2 Cup semi final games while drogbha has been away. Thats the difference in why they are a top side and we are not.

Just hope we dont lose our 4th or 5th place because we couldnt be arsed to spend £1.5 mill of the McFadden money on some insurance.

It was me that mentioned Routledge, not as a permanent fixture but just to get us through this time of need, Pienaar away and now possibly injured, Osman and Manny not yet 1OO% and possibly missing Cahill, So desperate are we for midfielders we had to resort to having De Silva and VD Meyde on the bench, two players who havent been good enough to wear the shirt since they arrived.

Chelsea go and spend £15m on Anelka to cover for Drogbha and havent dropped a league point, and won 2 Cup semi final games while drogbha has been away. Thats the difference in why they are a top side and we are not.

Just hope we dont lose our 4th place because we couldnt be arsed to spend £1.5 mill of the McFadden money on some insurance.

Bit of a bad comparison dont you think. Drogba out, essien out, terry out, lamps out. In comes Alex (ben hiam also) Ballack, sidwell, Anelka or even the italian bloke who cost about 10 mil also

Although I get you point. I thought after getting shut of Macfad, we would have brought in a lower league player with some hit or miss potential

I think people forget we are probably skint as usual, we did spend a few bob in the summer

Grav, pienar, gardner, Fernandez all loans

Guest Reg Reagan

dont say i didnt told you so but i did!

players that we have who are playing international football outside of europe should not go and play for their national team whatever the circumstances is.

Now we get to risk losing tim cahill for a lousy world cup qualifiers down in skippy land.

Guest Reg Reagan

cahill can consider himself lucky that he didnt get injured in the measly world cup qualifiers against the cats.

as for Pienaar, it was an unlucky injury and a lesson for playing in a meaningless tournament which was won by bunch of nobodies

Whats wrong with the ESL?

Nothing in particular. Quite a lot of people like it, but it's completely insignificant in global terms when compared to three quarters of a billion Africans (and many millions more around the world) who care about the Africa Cup of Nations.

It's ignorant in the extreme to call it meaningless.