IGNORED

How Much To Get Us Regularly In The Top 4?

jofanon

How much money do you think we need to cement a place in the top four regularly?

Our thin squad was very exposed since the Africa boys went away.

We need:

Fernandes

Pienaar

A right back

Creative midfielder

Centre back (3 isn't enough)

That's at least £30m I suppose.

Also wouldn't mind another forward (stick another £10-15m on top).

I guess £50m is a lot more than the current squad is worth , so not much chance of that!

I think your way off the mark if you think Everton squad is not worth £5Om

HOWARD........4

JAGS..............5

NEVILLE..........4

YOBO.............4

LESCOTT........5

BAINES..........5

ARTETA..........3

CAHILL...........2

JOHNSON.......8

YAKUBU.........12

Is what we paid for them but you can at least treble that for what they are worth now with lescott, cahill, yobo, and arteta ALL fetching at least double figures for a transfer. you'd get 50 million for them 4 alone.

The problem we have is that in our current financial situation we could never match the top four finanicially. We could spend 30m and possibly guarantee eufa every year, but for every 30m we spend, the kopites will spend 60m, and chelski and manure will spend more. arsenal have such good scouting system that they don't need to flash the cash becasue they get the players young.

Spending 30-50m would obviously take us up another quality level but i can see that money winning us the eufa cup rather than getting into champions league consistantly.

A billionaire owner would do it, although I don't think it's very realistic.

Our best chance to keep us regularly in the top 4 is developing an excellent scouting staff and a saavy manager. We are definitely half way there, if us fans had our pick of what players to get (I was on the Nugent bandwagon as much as anyone else) then we wouldn't even be having this discussion.

so you would turn down a big money invesment because of links ans a name?........sad

Without a doubt. Wouldn't have been happy taking Thaksin Shinawatra's money like City did (and Liverpool were gong to). Where do you draw the line? You wouldn't turn down money because of who it was linked to so you'd presumably be happy being a money laundering tool for al-Qa'ida?

There's any number of despots around the world milking their people for everything they've got and killing them if they complain. How about Mugabe? He must have billions stashed, you wouldn't turn him down because of his name?

Nice one, success at any cost eh?

Well this season for example!Sure we may have gained an odd point or two with a last minute goal or two, but we could just as easily have had about another 4 or 5 points but for being robbed.....therefor for all Chelseas millions and luckypools mega bucks spent were not far behind the Londoners and ahead of our little friends across the park.