IGNORED

Kenwright, Is He Similar To Gillete & Hicks?

Louis

There's not that much difference between Kenwright and G&H in my opinion.

• Both have never paid a penny into the club
  • Both loan money for player transfers with the intention that sky income and fans income will pay it off.
  • Both owners are putting their clubs into serious debt for a stadium
  • Both intend to loan money from a third party to build a stadium

The only difference is Kenwright purchased the club with a mortgage that he pays for from his theatre shows whilst G&H use the money that Liverpool generates. If Everton could generate a profit as big as Liverpool could, do you think Kenwright would choose to pay the mortgage from his own bank account? I don't.

If Kenwright had the ability to secure a multi million pound loan would he look to build a stadium without third party help not unlike what Gilette and Hicks are doing because they can secure the money?

If the yanks couldn't afford to secure such a loan, wouldn't they be looking for enabling partners for a stadium to get their way ?

They are scarily similar chairmen in my opinion. Kenwright's only saving grace seems to be people know he is an Evertonian.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure about this!.....isn't it stated somewhere that Kenwright, who perhaps doesn't put money into the club, also doesn't actually take any money out!

Don't the Yanks want to take profit from luckypool, and fund their other interests?

Why did Aston Villa not do business with the wonderfull Texans :rolleyes:

he didnt put money in orignailly....But, as u even stated, he pays off the morgage. isnt that enough?

i really dont get why so many on here are aint kenwright. im not his biggest fan, but im still glad he is in charge over alot of others!

better the devil you know...

he didnt put money in orignailly....But, as u even stated, he pays off the morgage. isnt that enough?

i really dont get why so many on here are aint kenwright. im not his biggest fan, but im still glad he is in charge over alot of others!

better the devil you know...

I agree...there are a right bunch of fans who turn on Kenwright despite how the club has turned around. And to compare him to hicks and gillete, get real...are hicks & gillete fans of the club they own NO, kenwright YES. Do the yanks have the interest of the club or bank balance at the forefront, Yanks bank balance, Kenwright Club.

Strange how the peeps against a stadium move start these kind of topics...

Edited by Everton_Worshiper

Not sure about this!.....isn't it stated somewhere that Kenwright, who perhaps doesn't put money into the club, also doesn't actually take any money out!

Don't the Yanks want to take profit from luckypool, and fund their other interests?

Why did Aston Villa not do business with the wonderfull Texans :rolleyes:

Doug Ellis has gone on record as saying that he didn't want all of his hard work down the drain by them taking the club into debt.

I agree...there are a right bunch of fans who turn on Kenwright despite how the club has turned around. And to compare him to hicks and gillete, get real...are hicks & gillete fans of the club they own NO, kenwright YES. Do the yanks have the interest of the club or bank balance at the forefront, Yanks bank balance, Kenwright Club.

Strange how the peeps against a stadium move start these kind of topics...

im not sure how far back the boards go, but people have held issue with kenwright long before the stadium move.

and people say the club has turned around? how?

yes results on the pitch are better, but Everton FC Ltd are not doing better. yes turnover has gone up, so has debt, and we make a loss every year!

people who think Wyness is doing a good job need to get themselves a copy of the published accounts since he came in, see if you still feel the same about him then!

the evidence is there, some people dont want to have their eyes opened!

So what is the solution, steve? What can we do to get us out of this position?

ideally, i win the euro millions, buy out kenwright and bring in some proper good business types.

but realistically, there must be willing investors in a premier league club, people have invested in championship clubs, and smaller premier league clubs.

there has been groups interested from within the UK, the problem is kenwright wants investers who will leave him in control, but anybody who invests major finances into any business would want to run their own ship.

ideally, i win the euro millions, buy out kenwright and bring in some proper good business types.

but realistically, there must be willing investors in a premier league club, people have invested in championship clubs, and smaller premier league clubs.

there has been groups interested from within the UK, the problem is kenwright wants investers who will leave him in control, but anybody who invests major finances into any business would want to run their own ship.

lol so Kenwright picked up the phone and told you this then?

im not sure how far back the boards go, but people have held issue with kenwright long before the stadium move.

and people say the club has turned around? how?

yes results on the pitch are better, but Everton FC Ltd are not doing better. yes turnover has gone up, so has debt, and we make a loss every year!

people who think Wyness is doing a good job need to get themselves a copy of the published accounts since he came in, see if you still feel the same about him then!

the evidence is there, some people dont want to have their eyes opened!

yes but due to the excellent transfer dealings of Moyes & Kenwright we now have the players on the pitch that would wipe out our debt with ease. Cahill, Yakubu, Lescott, Arteta, Howard, AJ, Yobo would all rake in major transfer fees which would leave us with no debt. Virtually every club in the country must be in debt, except for those run by billionaires, it's not Kenwrights fault that he doesn't have a lot of money and it's not his fault we're not a particularly attractive business proposition due to Goodison and the land it sits on being virtually worthless in real terms. Kenwright has done a brilliant job, he signed one of the best managers in the country, has backed him to the hilt (putting us in a fair bit of debt - but getting us tangible results in the process and valuable commodities on the pitch, unlike say Newcastle, Spurs). Everton's squad value is soaring, players like Lescott, Cahill, Arteta have probably quadrupled their value in a couple of seasons.

Criticism of Kenwright has always been ridiculous in my opinion, and to criticise him now is quite frankly myopic and down right insane. I personally don't understand a lot of the Hicks Gilette criticism either, not that I'd want them running Everton, apart from their comments about Klinsmann (which has probably kept Benitez in a job - sympathy vote from the fans, when in fact he's doing a very poor job) I don't see a lot wrong with them getting someone else to finance to finance stadium etc. I mean, who in their right mind would fund a £200 million staidum out of their own finances? I wouldn't.

some like him, some hate him.

i cant be bothered today

yeah I know they do, but those who hate him I can't understand. It's like those who criticise Moyes (the best thing that's happened to this club in the last 20 years) when in fact both have turned this club around. We used to get all this criticism of 'why won't we break our wage structure' 'why won't we sign more players' etc etc, now we do all of that and still there's criticism, Kenwright can't win. Kenwright is definitely taking a bit of a gamble putting us into debt, but it's a calculated gamble based on commodities on the pitch, tv revenue etc which we can fall back on if it doesn't go to plan. You have to spend to make money, at least we know our spending is in safe hands.

The Kirkby move may turn out to be a disaster, but at this moment in time it is the only feasible option, if it goes wrong then it goes wrong - but I respect Kenwright for taking a chance on putting Everton back into the big time rather than letting us muddle along in the lower reaches of the table and having to settle for a relegation battle. Plus he gets amazing prices for players - Rooney, McFadden, Barmby, Jeffers, Ball...

I, like everybody else wish he had more money, but he doesn't.

Edited by carlmc25

yeah I know they do, but those who hate him I can't understand. It's like those who criticise Moyes (the best thing that's happened to this club in the last 20 years) when in fact both have turned this club around. We used to get all this criticism of 'why won't we break our wage structure' 'why won't we sign more players' etc etc, now we do all of that and still there's criticism, Kenwright can't win. Kenwright is definitely taking a bit of a gamble putting us into debt, but it's a calculated gamble based on commodities on the pitch, tv revenue etc which we can fall back on if it doesn't go to plan. You have to spend to make money, at least we know our spending is in safe hands.

The Kirkby move may turn out to be a disaster, but at this moment in time it is the only feasible option, if it goes wrong then it goes wrong - but I respect Kenwright for taking a chance on putting Everton back into the big time rather than letting us muddle along in the lower reaches of the table and having to settle for a relegation battle. Plus he gets amazing prices for players - Rooney, McFadden, Barmby, Jeffers, Ball...

I, like everybody else wish he had more money, but he doesn't.

sorry, im a bit more bothered than that!

I'm neither a fan or a hater of Kenwright but your being a bit blind if you think he's done anything special for Everton. It's moyes who deserves all the credit for the team not Kenwright.

BK fell right on his feet with the Rooney transfare because although he fucked up the negotiations meaning we missed out on millions he brought in 20M plus which ment we could buy some players. That was initiated by Rooney though and delt with very badly by Kenwright IMO.

Without using generalisations like 'turned this club around' or 'got us out of debt' can you actually list anything he's done for the club?

I'm neither a fan or a hater of Kenwright but your being a bit blind if you think he's done anything special for Everton. It's moyes who deserves all the credit for the team not Kenwright.

BK fell right on his feet with the Rooney transfare because although he fucked up the negotiations meaning we missed out on millions he brought in 20M plus which ment we could buy some players. That was initiated by Rooney though and delt with very badly by Kenwright IMO.

Without using generalisations like 'turned this club around' or 'got us out of debt' can you actually list anything he's done for the club?

I think turning the club around is a pretty big thing he has done for the club. Moyes has turned this club around, but who chose Moyes? Kenwright that's who. Who gave Moyes his transfer funds, risking plunging us into debt? Kenwright that's who. Who's been chairman for our most successful seasons in the last 20 years? Kenwright that's who. Who has managed to get us a quite incredible deal with Tesco for a new staidum when there were no other viable options out there and we couldn't afford to redevelop? Kenwright that's who.

How did he miss out on millions with Rooney? He was a young kid who had done virtually nothing for Everton and we sold him for £20m plus add-ons, it was a fantastic deal and the biggest single factor why Everton are now challenging for Europe when we were going nowhere fast with Rooney in the team.

The lack of appreciation for Kenwright I find nothing short of disgraceful, here is a man who didn't have to rescue us from the Johnson debacle, but stepped in even though he didn't have the most money in the world and saved us. Being a chairman does actually involve some work you know, he doesn't just mess around all day smoking cigars and laughing it up, he puts the time in, he's at every match supporting the players, he's stuck by Moyes even when the fans were getting twitchy and he's also managed to keep hold of Moyes for years.

Kenwright says he would sell if someone came in with the right offer, no one has - that's not his fault. If Kenwright walked out on Everton now and then Moyes left we'd plummet faster than a stone down a well, it's what some fans deserve for their lack of respect and gratitude. Moyes and Kenwright have my 100% support, they've made some mistakes - who hasn't - but they've done a lot more good than bad. But you just can't please some fans.

In what ways could Kenwright actually be doing a better job, by nailing himself to a cross?

My only problem with EFC is they just wont go the extra mile, and i dont know if its Moyes or Kenwrights philosophy, the january window came and went, and when the lads went off to the tournament we were ok for covering the forwards, we had no cover for Yobo, iF JAGS or LESCOTT got hurt, so he signs a centre half for free who couldnt pass a medical and couldnt even sit on the Bench, but worst of all we had no cover for midfield. Pienaar is away, Osman was out with an injury, Arteta was supended for 3 gamesand is now hurt and missing for the Brann game, During the window Gosling was bought for 2 mill and Mcfadden was sold for 5.7 mill, for the total of 7.7 mill i'm sure we could have picked up a decent player to boost our midfield instead of playing the shit formation we had to play against Spurs and Rovers.

Both those games were there for the taking and we should have had another 4 points, which would now have given us a nice little gap of seven points from the next nearest team.

I know some peeps say that gosling might turn out to be a good signing , but we could have done the pre -agreement thing, left him there and signed him in the summer, other peeps say whats the point of buying somebody if he ends up on the bench when everybody is fit, which to me is a crazy way of looking at it, thats the idea of getting a better squad.

If 1 or 2 of our midfielders get injured or suspended now, we dont have the chance to bring anybody in , the chance has gone and with it could go 4th, 5th, and 6th place, its far too late now.

Anyway, thats the only beef i've got with the club.

My only problem with EFC is they just wont go the extra mile, and i dont know if its Moyes or Kenwrights philosophy, the january window came and went, and when the lads went off to the tournament we were ok for covering the forwards, we had no cover for Yobo, iF JAGS or LESCOTT got hurt, so he signs a centre half for free who couldnt pass a medical and couldnt even sit on the Bench, but worst of all we had no cover for midfield. Pienaar is away, Osman was out with an injury, Arteta was supended for 3 gamesand is now hurt and missing for the Brann game, During the window Gosling was bought for 2 mill and Mcfadden was sold for 5.7 mill, for the total of 7.7 mill i'm sure we could have picked up a decent player to boost our midfield instead of playing the shit formation we had to play against Spurs and Rovers.

Both those games were there for the taking and we should have had another 4 points, which would now have given us a nice little gap of seven points from the next nearest team.

I know some peeps say that gosling might turn out to be a good signing , but we could have done the pre -agreement thing, left him there and signed him in the summer, other peeps say whats the point of buying somebody if he ends up on the bench when everybody is fit, which to me is a crazy way of looking at it, that the idea of getting a better squad.

If 1 or 2 of our midfielders get injured or suspended now, we dont have the chance to bring anybody in , the chance has gone and with it could go 4th, 5th, and 6th place, its far too late now.

Anyway, thats the only beef i've got with the club.

I agree with a lot of that, except that we did have cover for Yobo - Stubbs, he only left on deadline day and Yobo was back within the week or so! It happens with Everton a lot, I think Moyes/Kenwright identify the players they want, go all out in the Summer than by the time Jan comes round there's either no money left in the coffers or there just aren't the players available that Moyes wants.

It is a little frustrating, but we do have enough depth to get us through I think - we just need players to get back in form. The thing about our team is, even when we aren't playing well we battle, we dig in and get results - and I think the last 11 games may all follow a similar pattern, not just for us but for Liverpool, Villa etc where results are all that matters but I think Everton have the greatest determination to win. We were unlucky with the Blackburn match don't forget, plus with Yak hopefully back in the team we should start scoring again. I'd be really excited to see Yak/Vaughan together.

Yeah, i think there might be 1 or 2 games when we can afford to play 4-4-2 (fulham and derby for instance) but the teams like Portsmouth, Villa, Wet Spam, RedS, and City who are all fighting alongside us we should play our favoured 4-5-1, but if just one of our midfielders is missing we are fooked, because we dont have a decent replacement.

Yeah, i think there might be 1 or 2 games when we can afford to play 4-4-2 (fulham and derby for instance) but the teams like Portsmouth, Villa, Wet Spam, RedS, and City who are all fighting alongside us we should play our favoured 4-5-1, but if just one of our midfielders is missing we are fooked, because we dont have a decent replacement.

at the same time all those teams are behind us and will be feeling the pressure, if we beat them then we're well clear. I don't think there is anything inherently wrong with the 451 system, just too many players are out of form so I think we should go back to 442 and let's get Vaughan in with his enthusiasm and Yakubu with his goal threat. We don't have league game for a couple of weeks by which time Pienaar will be back, hopefully then we can get back to the 451 and start performing. If we can just beat City, we have a massive chance to finish 4th, that is our most important game of the season so far.

I think turning the club around is a pretty big thing he has done for the club. Moyes has turned this club around, but who chose Moyes? Kenwright that's who.

The one good thing he's done for us but it's not like he pulled a rabbit out the hat Moyes was on a natural career path to the prem already kenwright just picked the best available british manager. Hard work that!

Who gave Moyes his transfer funds, risking plunging us into debt?

Erm the only transfare funds we have had in the Moyes era are prem prize money, money generated from player sales & the loan from Robert Earl or am I missing something. Are you saying Kenwright gave Moyes that money cos he signs the cheques for the business??

Who's been chairman for our most successful seasons in the last 20 years?

Lucky boy but we are successfull on the pitch not as a business, he has no involvement in that.

Who has managed to get us a quite incredible deal with Tesco for a new staidum when there were no other viable options out there and we couldn't afford to redevelop?

There are other options, the deal is by no means incredible it's second best & with the increased revenues from stasying within the city we would be able to manage a far bigger morgage than the 150M one we are going to have if we move to Kirkby.

How did he miss out on millions with Rooney? He was a young kid who had done virtually nothing for Everton and we sold him for £20m plus add-ons, it was a fantastic deal and the biggest single factor why Everton are now challenging for Europe when we were going nowhere fast with Rooney in the team.

United would have paid 30mil up front FACT we got 20mil thats a whole 10million pounds he missed out on. As for the money being a factor in our success your correct but Kenwright had fuck all to do with that as I said the only positive he could possibly have achieved in the Rooney was getting top dollar an he failed.

The lack of appreciation for Kenwright I find nothing short of disgraceful, here is a man who didn't have to rescue us from the Johnson debacle, but stepped in even though he didn't have the most money in the world and saved us.

Your right he did but we the fans got rid of Johnson trust me I know I was there. The door was open and Kenwright stepped in. Rescued? Hmmmm he put his money from the bank into one of English footballs gients while we were on our arse at a knock down price, the only way he would loose from that is if we went bust. Was that likely to happen?

So exactly how did he rescue us??

Being a chairman does actually involve some work you know, he doesn't just mess around all day smoking cigars and laughing it up, he puts the time in, he's at every match supporting the players, he's stuck by Moyes even when the fans were getting twitchy and he's also managed to keep hold of Moyes for years.

I'm not saying he doesnt do his job and I know he has a good relationship with moyes but that doesnt deserve praising.

Kenwright says he would sell if someone came in with the right offer, no one has - that's not his fault.

Depends who you believe.

If Kenwright walked out on Everton now and then Moyes left we'd plummet faster than a stone down a well, it's what some fans deserve for their lack of respect and gratitude. Moyes and Kenwright have my 100% support, they've made some mistakes - who hasn't - but they've done a lot more good than bad. But you just can't please some fans.

If Moyes left tomorrow we would suffer but I believe we are strong enough now as a club to survive, possibly we would struggle to have the same potential for progress but we wouldnt plumet anywhere.

If Kenwright walked away tomorrow I realy don't think it would make a blind bit of difference to current team performance but it it better the devil you know than the devil you dont I'll give you that.

In what ways could Kenwright actually be doing a better job, by nailing himself to a cross?

Transfare negotiations, he's wank at them.

The stadium, he's handled it so wrong.

Investement, he needs to stop trying to hand pick the investor and either sell up or find a backer instead of relying on loans from Robert Earl who will by the way want his money back one day!

Thats about the only major things worthy of praise he has to deal with and he fails in all areas.

Edited by GoldfishMemory

I think turning the club around is a pretty big thing he has done for the club. Moyes has turned this club around, but who chose Moyes? Kenwright that's who.

The one good thing he's done for us but it's not like he pulled a rabbit out the hat Moyes was on a natural career path to the prem already kenwright just picked the best available british manager. Hard work that!

Who gave Moyes his transfer funds, risking plunging us into debt?

Erm the only transfare funds we have had in the Moyes era are prem prize money, money generated from player sales & the loan from Robert Earl or am I missing something. Are you saying Kenwright gave Moyes that money cos he signs the cheques for the business??

Who's been chairman for our most successful seasons in the last 20 years?

Lucky boy but we are successfull on the pitch not as a business, he has no involvement in that.

Who has managed to get us a quite incredible deal with Tesco for a new staidum when there were no other viable options out there and we couldn't afford to redevelop?

There are other options, the deal is by no means incredible it's second best & with the increased revenues from stasying within the city we would be able to manage a far bigger morgage than the 150M one we are going to have if we move to Kirkby.

United would have paid 30mil up front FACT we got 20mil thats a whole 10million pounds he missed out on. As for the money being a factor in our success your correct but Kenwright had fuck all to do with that as I said the only positive he could possibly have achieved in the Rooney was getting top dollar an he failed.

The lack of appreciation for Kenwright I find nothing short of disgraceful, here is a man who didn't have to rescue us from the Johnson debacle, but stepped in even though he didn't have the most money in the world and saved us.

Your right he did but we the fans got rid of Johnson trust me I know I was there. The door was open and Kenwright stepped in. Rescued? Hmmmm he put his money from the bank into one of English footballs gients while we were on our arse at a knock down price, the only way he would loose from that is if we went bust. Was that likely to happen?

So exactly how did he rescue us??

Being a chairman does actually involve some work you know, he doesn't just mess around all day smoking cigars and laughing it up, he puts the time in, he's at every match supporting the players, he's stuck by Moyes even when the fans were getting twitchy and he's also managed to keep hold of Moyes for years.

I'm not saying he doesnt do his job and I know he has a good relationship with moyes but that doesnt deserve praising.

Kenwright says he would sell if someone came in with the right offer, no one has - that's not his fault.

Depends who you believe.

If Kenwright walked out on Everton now and then Moyes left we'd plummet faster than a stone down a well, it's what some fans deserve for their lack of respect and gratitude. Moyes and Kenwright have my 100% support, they've made some mistakes - who hasn't - but they've done a lot more good than bad. But you just can't please some fans.

If Moyes left tomorrow we would suffer but I believe we are strong enough now as a club to survive, possibly we would struggle to have the same potential for progress but we wouldnt plumet anywhere.

If Kenwright walked away tomorrow I realy don't think it would make a blind bit of difference to current team performance but it it better the devil you know than the devil you dont I'll give you that.

Transfare negotiations, he's wank at them.

The stadium, he's handled it so wrong.

Investement, he needs to stop trying to hand pick the investor and either sell up or find a backer instead of relying on loans from Robert Earl who will by the way want his money back one day!

Thats about the only major things worthy of praise he has to deal with and he fails in all areas.

talk about blinkers, you just can't give any credit to Kenwright when it's staring you in the face. I didn't say Kenwright funded transfers personally but he has to sign off on the deals and decide whether to pay £5 for Lescott, plunging us further in to debt, or not. He has backed Moyes and we have reaped the rewards.

Kenwright's transfer dealings have been nothing short of sensational, how do you know Utd would have paid £30m straight up? The fact is even if that is true, we haven't missed out on £10m, we just have to wait for it. We may not get all of it, but we'll get a lot. I personally think even £20m was a good price for Rooney never mind add ons, he did bugger all for us. If my memory serves me correct, we sold Ball for approx £8m, Jeffers for £10m+, Barmby for £6-7m, McFadden for £5m, Rooney for £20-30m - and 3 of those have gone on to do absolutely nothing in their careers. We've brought in Lescott, Cahill, Yobo, Arteta for about £13-15m and they're now worth anywhere between £40-60m. To say our transfer dealings haven't been excellent is preposterous, we even agreed a fee for Sissoko about £2m less than Liverpool paid for him.

Of course you have to hand pick an investor - don't you understand, Everton are sitting in a worthless run down stadium on land that has little value. We are the second team in the city in the eyes of the world, we are not a global commodity, we have little catchment area (unlike say Aston Villa, Birmingham) so it's unlikely our fan base will grow a great deal nationally, we have a fair amount of debt - who is going to realistically come in and buy us for big money? especially when there isn't really any viable options in Liverpool to put a new stadium (unless you believe all the conspiracy theorists). We were a run down club going nowhere when Kenwright took over, now we have a young thriving team, a brilliant manager, moving to a new stadium for little money (it may or may not work out) and we're back in Europe getting recognition and potentially opening up new markets. What else could Kenwright realistically have achieved in his role as Chairman in the years he's been there? look at the real picture rather than listening to people on phone ins who are stuck in the past.

In case anyone is interested, there is no such phrase as "could have" it is "could have".

Oh and carlmc25, it is good too see there are fans out there the appreciate the Kenwright era to date :D

In case anyone is interested, that sentence does'nt make sense.

People in glass houses should'nt ............................... :D

But we're not really interested. ;)

talk about blinkers, you just can't give any credit to Kenwright when it's staring you in the face. I didn't say Kenwright funded transfers personally but he has to sign off on the deals and decide whether to pay £5 for Lescott, plunging us further in to debt, or not. He has backed Moyes and we have reaped the rewards.

So the chairman of a business deserves credit for listening to their management and signing the cheques? I thought that was run of the mill day to day activity in every business.

Kenwright's transfer dealings have been nothing short of sensational, how do you know Utd would have paid £30m straight up? The fact is even if that is true, we haven't missed out on £10m, we just have to wait for it. We may not get all of it, but we'll get a lot. I personally think even £20m was a good price for Rooney never mind add ons, he did bugger all for us. If my memory serves me correct, we sold Ball for approx £8m, Jeffers for £10m+, Barmby for £6-7m, McFadden for £5m, Rooney for £20-30m - and 3 of those have gone on to do absolutely nothing in their careers. We've brought in Lescott, Cahill, Yobo, Arteta for about £13-15m and they're now worth anywhere between £40-60m. To say our transfer dealings haven't been excellent is preposterous, we even agreed a fee for Sissoko about £2m less than Liverpool paid for him.

Our transfare dealings have been excellent but they have fuck all to do with Kenwright, the clubs who bought the players listed offered the dough apart from the faddy deal but dont tell me he negotiated that up, the whole world could see Brum were trying it on and would have raised their offer anyway. As for the ins surly that's down to Moyes? Plus remember Arteta & Lescott those deals nearly fell through because of the way we delt with them, Kenwright deserves praise for that?

A chairmans involvement in transfares is negotiations and we frequently mess them up

Of course you have to hand pick an investor - don't you understand, Everton are sitting in a worthless run down stadium on land that has little value. We are the second team in the city in the eyes of the world, we are not a global commodity, we have little catchment area (unlike say Aston Villa, Birmingham) so it's unlikely our fan base will grow a great deal nationally, we have a fair amount of debt - who is going to realistically come in and buy us for big money? especially when there isn't really any viable options in Liverpool to put a new stadium (unless you believe all the conspiracy theorists). We were a run down club going nowhere when Kenwright took over, now we have a young thriving team, a brilliant manager, moving to a new stadium for little money (it may or may not work out) and we're back in Europe getting recognition and potentially opening up new markets. What else could Kenwright realistically have achieved in his role as Chairman in the years he's been there? look at the real picture rather than listening to people on phone ins who are stuck in the past.

Yeah seriously if we carry on hand picking investors we still wont have one in another 10 years. Can you imagin going to buy a house and the developer wanting to know everything about you before he'd even talk business? You'd just fuck off down the road and buy off another developer.

All your talk about the stadium is full of extravagent claims backed up with no evidence and if you want to know my opinions on all that bollocks then look in the stadium thread.

I like Kenwright and I'll back him against the Kenwright bashers but to say he has turned this club around is bollocks,

The fans by getting rid of Johnson

Kenwright for stepping into the void

Moyes for building a team

Thats who deserves the credit and by my calculations that makes me as worthy of praise as BK he's done nothing special and his legacy like him or not will be the man who moved Everton outside the city to a tin pot stadium because he didnt want to sell out to a foreign investor.

By the way so you know I dont want a foreign investor either but anyone with money for a stadium would respect the importance of keeping a club like Everton close to it's roots, it's the foundation we are built on and what keeps us apart from the rest off the sell outs in the premier league.