IGNORED

Email From Keith Wyness

Louis

Dear Supporter,

The next few weeks will, undoubtedly, represent some of the most crucial and significant in our great Club’s long history.

As David Moyes and his players continue their collective attempt to ensure a season of excellence is graced with a tangible end product, we have reached a critical phase of the "Destination Kirkby" project which, if successful, will see us relocate to a new home just five miles from Goodison Park in Knowsley.

On April 18, Knowsley Borough Council will decide whether or not to rubber-stamp our recently-submitted planning application.

I am aware that many people believe that this is a done deal and that the Council’s approval is now a foregone conclusion; it is not.

We believe that moving to Kirkby represents the very best possible deal as we seek to restore Everton to a position of due prominence within English and European football.

Over the past few months we have been working hard to ensure that the people of Kirkby are aware that should we relocate, we will not only prove to be a "good neighbour" but that we will also fully integrate with the local community AND bring with us a wide range of ground-breaking initiatives and schemes.

Although we recently won a mandate from our supporters to continue negotiations about the possibility of relocation, we do still need the help and support of those who back the Club’s Board of Directors.

If you live in Knowsley and support the proposed new stadium please consider writing to Knowsley Borough Council to express that support – become an ambassador for Everton Football Club.

Write to: Knowsley Borough Council, Development Control, Municipal Buildings, Archway Road, Huyton, L36 9SB.

Yours sincerely,

Keith Wyness

CEO

Everton Football Club

Sounds like he is aware of objections to the move from locals so wants people to write a letter in support the move to redress the balance.

Some in favour will certainly write in SO......

If you live in Knowsley and DO NOT support the proposed new stadium please consider writing to Knowsley Borough Council to express your opposition – become an ambassador for Everton Football Club.

Write to: Knowsley Borough Council, Development Control, Municipal Buildings, Archway Road, Huyton, L36 9SB.

I have said before, I believe we need a new stadium and I have no real preference except to redevelop Goodison. I do not run the club so will go and watch the boys wherever they play.

On the other hand, I do not like the constant Wyness/Kenwright bashing that some Everton fans see intent on doing despite what they have done and will do for the club. The stadium move (wherever it might be) is just an excuse to start more shit about them.

I have said before, I believe we need a new stadium and I have no real preference except to redevelop Goodison. I do not run the club so will go and watch the boys wherever they play.

On the other hand, I do not like the constant Wyness/Kenwright bashing that some Everton fans see intent on doing despite what they have done and will do for the club. The stadium move (wherever it might be) is just an excuse to start more shit about them.

Thing is nobodys bashing anyone or at least I'm not & I know that isnt Louis's game. We mearly offer the alternative opinion, structured arguments, evidence & questions that realy need to be answered before we can accept this move. The problem is the club and a small section of fans feel the need to question us and our motives without actually offering a counter argument.

Feel free to ask for evidence to substansiate peoples opinions & concerns regarding their anti kirkby view points but remember you can only realy question people when you can back up your argument. Thats where your opinion seems to fall apart for me. You have questioned in various topics claims regarding parking, transport, cost, viability of alternative sites & people motivation for making a stand. You have however offered no counter argument or evidence to back your claims.

The truth behind this is the club may deliver exactly what they promise but it's the people pushing & questioning them that will make that happen not the people blindly turning their back and dismissing stastements made by Tesco, Knowsley & Kirkby residents. IF we push KW & BK all the way we will get the stadium we were promised or possibly something better. If we sit back and leave them too it and it all goes tits up who exactly will you blame for that??

I'm happy being proactive in achieving 'Nil Satis Nisi Optimum' if your hoping you can sit back and BK an his fat sidekick (who by the way has proven he has no fucking understanding of Evertonians with his statement about these plans to play abroad) will make all your dreams come true I very much expect you will be disappointed. So when your in the pub in 10 yerars time moaning about the shitty stadium BK palmed you off with before he sold up at a massive profit & the way the fans don't sing anymore or turn up in their thousands like the good old days remember it's your attitude and those of like minded Evertonians that realy made this happen.

I'd rather have egg on my face for trying to stop the kirkby deal if it turns out good than have egg on my face for supporting the kirkby deal if it goes bad!!

Edited by GoldfishMemory

Kirkby Lib Dem carried out a survey of 1400 people in Kirkby, 86% were against the stadium being built.

They handed this into the council only to be told it doesn't count as the deadline has passed.

Labour originally surveyed 400 people and found the that Kirkby wanted regeneration...

It's very fishy all of this.