IGNORED

Is Fernandes Able To Play

saaby

Is it only me who feels fernandes is vastly overated!, 12 million for a midfielder who lacks comittment is neither a box to box player, defensive midfielder or attacking midfielder to me would be a vast waste of funds. Had my doubts about him at the end of last year and since he has returned he has only assured me that those doubts are correct. Controversial i know but when all our midfield is fit i would not play him at the moment, i would return to the five man midfield that did so well for us before with osman in the middle.

Would like to hear other peoples thoughts on this.

I hear what you are saying but Carsley and Cahill are the weak links at the moment, so i would play 4-4-2, i think our defence is good enough to look after itself at the moment.

arteta, osman, fernandes, pienaar ......... total out and out attacking football and played on the floor.

.......yakubu and vaughan............

Manny is quality! Compare him to Neville and see who has a better touch, vision or movement. We have not seen the best from him yet as hes not fully match fit. I would use Manny in for Carsley if all were fit in a 5 man mid.

We all know neville is not a midfielder, best as a defender [moyes only plays him there due to a shortage in midfield players when injuries or suspensions make it needed]. To compare him with neville is just wrong like comparing Pele to Bobby Moore. Believe manny has better touch vision and movement than yobo too but not going to play him centre back!!!

Can't see Moyes playing without a defensive midfielder to protect the back four, which is undeniably good at the moment, but this may be in part due to the unseen and unsung work that carsley does in the space infront of the back four. Would not want Fernandes doing this job as i feel his positional sense can be poor[imo]. Carsley definately a player to be replaced in the summer but still does a valuable job for us i think. Cahill for me is only really at his best when we play five in midfield.

My main gripe with Fernandes is, although when he has the ball he can do great things, he doesn't seem to want it enough for me, always find myself screaming ""get back you lazy bastard" when he is on the pitch, as he casually jogs back after giving away possesion. Goes missing a hell of a lot for a player rated at 12 million. I reckon Valencia have realised many of these things in the short time they had him.

I agree Carsley does do the unseen and unsung work but of late he hasn't been up to it. Yes I know comparing Manny to Neville is wrong, however DM has played him in a position Manny plays on more than one occasion this season (cover granted). I think you will see better things to come from him in the run in, and hopfully your assessment will be the same as the management at Valencia and we can pick him up for a bit cheaper! On another note he isn't match fit as saturday showed and made a couple of lazy mistakes as he did also against Spurs late on. The jury is still out but I'm in favour and the fact he's on loan means DM doesn't have to make his descision yet.

Our best team imo

---------------Howard----------------

Jags------Yobo-----Lescott----Baines

Arteta---Fernandes----Osman----Pienaar

----------Yakubu----Vaughan----------

We just need some1 who can defend and has a bit of height in the middle with Manny instead of Ossie and that team could beat any1 on there day.

Manny hasnt been as effective as usual because for 1 we just hoof it over him to Johnson and when he does get it theres no movement at all except maybe Arteta asking for it, and he still isnt 100% fit as everyone can tell.

Edited by Blue4Ever

Our best team imo

---------------Howard----------------

Jags------Yobo-----Lescott----Baines

Arteta---Fernandes----Osman----Pienaar

----------Yakubu----Vaughan----------

Jags is not our best right back.

how can you put baines in the best 11 when hes never fit for me if his fitness doesnt improve we will have to look at another left back...for me nuno is a better defender but for next year i would look at nicky shorey hes strong good passer and is ussually fit.

So was Baines before he came here. And Baines is better than Shorey.

I don't think it's any secret that we're not playing well at the moment, that being said we beat Reading, should have beaten Blackburn (if it wasn't for poor officiating) and had the better chances against Spurs, so we're not doing too badly even when playing very poor. Cahill has been way off it (possibly his injuries have caught up with him a little) Arteta has been very patchy, Carsley went off the boil for a couple of games, etc etc and only the defence has come out with any credit. That being said, I totally agree with what gy-blues has been saying - Manny has been probably worse than all those names above. I was delighted when we brought him back (although he did go missing at times last season) but after a barnstorming start against Chelsea (for about 20 mins) he has been abysmal. The rest of the Chelsea game he seemed intent on giving away the ball in dangerous positions, over elaborating etc etc and ever since he doesn't seem to have done much else. Yes he's played the odd good pass, but he has contributed little and once Pienaar is back I'd get Osman back in CM pronto and let Fernandez sit on the bench til he is match fit and ready. Another big loss has been Yakubu, AJ has once again proven not to be up to it in his absence, yes he was unlucky against Blackburn - but then again AJ always seems to be unlucky, not a good habit to have as a striker. He should have scored against Spurs (and won us 2 points) he should have scored against Reading, you can almost guarantee had those chances fallen to Yakubu matters would have been different.

The 451 is currently floundering as Osman is out of position, players aren't playing well at all but we're still grinding results - which is a good sign. That being said, Vaughan needs to be brought in - whilst we are struggling in 451 let's get AJ out, Yak and Vaughan in and drop Fernandez. Ideally I'd like Fernandez to play but he doesn't deserve to on current form or what he has done for the club - yes Cahill isn't performing AT THE MOMENT, but the bottom line is, he usually does.

I can't see us paying anything like £12m for Fernandez in the Summer unless he gets his finger out big time.