IGNORED

Aj

jofanon

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

put it on the line, because calculated statistics aren't as reliable as what you 'think'....give it a rest would you. you're starting to psis me off with your bashing, if we sold every player who got into a bit of a slump then we'd have noone left.

i say it once again, and maybe you'll fucking understand.... you can't score if you get the service.

put it on the line, because calculated statistics aren't as reliable as what you 'think'....give it a rest would you. you're starting to psis me off with your bashing, if we sold every player who got into a bit of a slump then we'd have noone left.

i say it once again, and maybe you'll fucking understand.... you can't score if you get the service.

i think theirs a Typo their.

If that was directed at me about Selling AJ, Ive wanted to get rid of him for ages now, he only has his workrate going for him, Hes not a good finisher, cant take players on and no height to win headers. and when you said If we sold every player we would have no one left, erm ofcourse we would buy some one else.

Carl you're constantly coming out with statistics and evidence to back up what you're saying and you ask other people to do the same, but when what they find constradicts what you think you dismiss it :huh:

Im not saying the stats are right and Im not saying they're wrong either before you start.

I understand all that and I do welcome evidence and stats but these stats are so obviously flawed there's no point even using them. When stats say SWP is 3mph faster running with a ball than without then they are worthless and cannot be trusted. What is indisputable is that AJ has scored 18 goals in 62 matches for Everton, and only 12 in his last 55 (1 every 4.5 games), that's poor in anyone's books, apart from maybe Dirk Kuyt.

2007/08 Season Totals 6 in 20... over 1 goal every 4 games..

1 goal every 3.2 games actually, but i'm staying out of it cos i just dont think he's the player we bought. :)

Unfortunately he has'nt been in the side when we play football through the midfield, Yakubu has had the benefit of that.

AJ plays when we are short in midfield and we resort to hoofing it, so i agree to a certain extent that we are not creating any chances for him, 80% of his game is spent chasing aimless balls out to the corner flags.

Carl you're constantly coming out with statistics and evidence to back up what you're saying and you ask other people to do the same, but when what they find constradicts what you think you dismiss it :huh:

Im not saying the stats are right and Im not saying they're wrong either before you start.

I understand all that and I do welcome evidence and stats but these stats are so obviously flawed there's no point even using them. When stats say SWP is 3mph faster running with a ball than without then they are worthless and cannot be trusted. What is indisputable is that AJ has scored 18 goals in 62 matches for Everton, and only 12 in his last 55 (1 every 4.5 games), that's poor in anyone's books, apart from maybe Dirk Kuyt.

Really not doing yourself any favours by repeating the small-minded attitude there.

You just seem to be against AJ irrespective of what he can contribute to us whilst Moyes improves other areas of the team where we really need it.

that is my point, we DO need to strengthen other areas - midfield - and up front we have an embarrassment of riches. AJ hasn't delivered, there may be mitigating circumstances but in reality, so far, he's been disappointing and is now definitely second choice behind Yak. Bearing in mind that Moyes has obviously been holding back the very promising Vaughan to try and ensure he doesn't keep getting injured, you have to realise that Vaughan is not going to be happy sitting on the bench for long and his time must surely be coming, which will most likely push AJ back into 3rd choice striker. I think we'd already struggle to get our money back on Aj, his goal record for us is poor, he is now well out of the England fold, is not first choice for us and he isn't a spring chicken, his game is based on pace and the older he gets the slower he gets. I think his value at the moment is the highest it's ever going to be, which is why I say 'cash in' now, put the money towards a better and hopefully cheaper replacement and put the extra money towards the midfield.

Anyway, DEFINITELY 100% my last post in this thread now, I need to start being less argumentative!

Edited by carlmc25

I think he's struggling for confidence at the mo for sure, but he'll be back imo.

Nail on the head Mike.

Hes had a few chances but hes definatly a player struggling for confidence. Last season when he was on a high he was scoring good goals, and very important ones and that. I cant see how people think he is not fast, even with his low confidence he can still cause problems with his pace.

Sadly one of the things that goes against Johnson is his undeserved reputation. Offside decisions and stone wall penalties not being awarded to a player who is down on his luck has not helped AJ one bit.

He hasnt been at his best for the last few weeks but its obvious that hes at a low at the minute. Fair play to the lad, hes kept going and puts a shift in everyweek. Im sure he will soon get a few goals and get back to his best.

Lets get behind the lads eh, we're not Liverpool fans :)

I don't really put much stock into Carl's opinion on this one: he mentioned in another thread one of the reasons he dislikes AJ is he runs annoyingly :P

AJ's work rate makes it that much easier for the Yak, Cahill, Osman, and others to get open. Once he is back to 100% confidence he will be a great compliment to Yak. AJ works well off another forward - just look to last season to see what he is capable of.

Pretty plain and simple on this one.

ACCORDING to Nike, the fastest footballer in the Premier League is currently Cristiano Ronaldo, with Andrew Johnson and Fernando Torres just a dip-finish behind.

Nike figures tracked Ronaldo at 20.9mph without a ball at his feet, an incredible 20.8mph with a ball; Johnson’s times were 20.6 and 20.7mph (slightly faster after he’s been volleyed into orbit by Andre Ooijer), while Torres clocked 20.5 and 20.6mph.

What Nike failed to point out, however, is that their top 10 only featured footballers sponsored by . . . Nike.

Hmmm...

a few points really.

the running faster with the ball is like someone else said with the greyhound an hare. its having a target to run onto can get extra pace, im sure it doesnt mean the split second the player touches the ball.

secondly, throwing vaughan into every game is a big risk for the player. best case scenario, he comes into the fold, scores every game. or he goes on a bad run, doesnt score in ten games, his confidence is shot, killing his development as a player, taking away the enthusiasm he has right now and him soon enough sliding down the divisions.

its happened with so many young players who have been thrown in.

luck has a big part in it. gerarrd wasnt thown in, they spent a few seasons bringing him through, worked out great.we tried the same with rooney, then he goes to united and never misses a game.

look at all the others we have thrown in who had the potential, how many stayedin top flight?

jeffers?cadamarteri?

i have just sat here and read these last few pages with my mouth open. i dont post alot, i like to read what my fellow evertonians are thinking etc.

I cant believe people are seriously saying sell AJ etc 8million etc... This guy runs his socks off for us, and if it wasnt for a few dodgy decsions he would have atleast 2 more goals that i can think of off the top of my head, and those 2 goals would have produced more from the confidance it would have developed. it is a simple lack of confidance, but he will come good. Form is temporary, Class is perminant.

But also, i have to add this, his running etc, tearing the defence apart, how many goals do u think that has got us? his running means the yak doesnt have to! give me AJ over most of the attackers in the premiership any day thanks!

Vaughen and Vic are going to be class, the yak and aj can only teach them great things. I firmly belive that vaughen and aj are very simular, and Yak and vic are to. this gives us 4 of the best strikers in the prem when on fire and u want to sell one or loan one out???

Do u think 6 months away, 20 0dd full lower div games say from the start of next seez , bee benificial 4 Vaughan ?

Did wonders 4 Ozzy.

in my opinion pat, id like us to bring in a forward thats getting on a bit for cover, maybe forsell if he could stay fit, and send vic and vaughan up to alan irvine at preston for a full season. they would more than likely both play every game, i think it would aid them big time

coincidence? any of you haters/doubters want to evaluate that performance...the first time with a decent team behind him?

i'm not saying one swallow makes a summer (although it did for me in '05 ;)) but if anyone tells me that AJ wasn't fantastic tonight, they're either blind, retarded or completely ignorant.

i for one am made up for aj, absolutely delighted for him.

That was easily the best AJ has played in 12 months, he looked quick, dangerous and seemed to rediscover his brain for the first time in a long time. If he keeps playing like that then brilliant, he and Yakubu showed the first signs of an excellent partnership as well. 2 great goals, although a decent goalie would have saved both, and the only blemish was hitting the post when really he should have buried it, but for the first time this season he actually ran with a purpose rather than just aimlessly going through the motions. Well done AJ, that's more like it. How good is YAkubu, the 11m we paid for him looks like a bargain, 2 brilliant goals and in the right place for the 3rd, 3 chances - 3 goals, clinical. Great to see Pienaar back and Arteta seemed to be finding some form, he's so composed in dangerous areas. It has to be said, we were rubbish for 30 mins and still looked suspect in 442 defensively, also Brann are quite obviously inept so we can't get too carried away, just need to beat City now and we could go and get 4th place and win the UEFA :D

Lastly, another awful performance from Fernandez who AGAIN nearly cost us a goal by losing the ball in a terrible part of the pitch by messing around, I can't see us signing him in the Summer and on the form he's displayed so far, I wouldn't want him anyway.

coincidence? any of you haters/doubters want to evaluate that performance...the first time with a decent team behind him?

i'm not saying one swallow makes a summer (although it did for me in '05 ;)) but if anyone tells me that AJ wasn't fantastic tonight, they're either blind, retarded or completely ignorant.

i for one am made up for aj, absolutely delighted for him.

yes he played well, see my other post, but he did miss a sitter and let's be honest, Brann are rubbish - but yes, no arguments, that's the best he's played in a LONG time and he finally looked worth £9m.

agree with mike and craccer. The keeper saved the second, first might have been saved but he took him by suprise from a difficult angle. the partnership really gets me excited! but....i dont think we can play cahill with the yak and AJ. Pip did seem better playing in midfield tonight than usual...

Andy Johnson!.......Never doubted you!

That's what a bit of confidence does for you.OH!.....and not a small amount of decent service.

To say Brann are crap is a bit much! Yes thay kinda gave up towards the end, but began strongly and never gave us any space.For half an hour they played well, once we got to grips with their system and settled, we made them look poor at times.

It's true Cahill doesn't seem to shine with two up front!

Strong team with one up front!...........Strong team with two up front!......Happy days.

Doesn't really matter if the GK saved AJ's shot, he shouldn't have given him a chance, but as I said, he was excellent and comfortably man of the match. The worry now is who do we play in 442 in CM, Cahill (as I think many of us have suspected for some time) isn't very good in a 4 man midfield, then there is Fernandez who has been an absolutely massive disappointment so far and doesn't deserve to play, Neville just constantly fouled when he played in CM last night (and he can't play with Carsley anyway - too negative) and Osman is unproven in a 442 in CM. Personally I'd go for Osman, he has the best touch, vision, great workrate and is in the best form - I think he deserves a chance. Be interesting to see if Moyes sticks with the 442 against City, he sort of has to after last night but City will really show whether we can deliver in a 442 and whether Yak and AJ can do the business as a partnership against a decent team.

What we pleased me the most last night was be were able to play 4-4-2. We know we can play 4-5-1 but we need to be able to chop and change. This is the first time I've seen AJ and Yak be effective together.

I would imagine 4-5-1 will remain our preferred line up though.

Still hate AJ's TV interviews though. He like a slightly uglier Beckham clone!

i'm not saying one swallow makes a summer (although it did for me in '05 ;))

Ha. Very nice, yes.

Not sure if anyone remembers the first leg but Hakan Opdal (their keeper) was no slouch. I'm fairly certain he's far and away the best in their league. The finishing was clinical from both Yakubu and AJ and if they can keep that up we'll cruise right through City and beyond.

Only wish I had the time/money to get to Fiorentina for the next tie.

Carl - the keeper should have saved AJ's second? :huh: Are you blind?

I thought AJ was excellent last night and the perfect foil for Yak to work with. Their defenders were scared of AJ's pace and that gave Yak the room he needed. A good partnership in the making.

I agree, AJ's 1st goal was very well placed and the 2nd goal was brilliant. I think some members need to step away from footie manager. The only goal that shouldn't have went in was Brann's last night.