Blue 250

From BBC..

How the deal was broken down:

# £1m if United win the Champions League

# £500,000 if United are runners-up in the Champions League

# £500,000 if United win the Premiership

# £250,000 if United finish second in the Premiership

# £150,000 if United win the FA Cup

# £500,000 if Rooney earns 20 England caps in competitive games while a United player

# £500,000 if Rooney plays a further 20 times for England in competitive games while a United player.

Even if none of those things happen in the next five years the Toffees will receive at least an extra £3m, paid in £1m instalments on 1 August 2006 and the same date in 2007 and 2008.

Everton have also negotiated a 25% 'sell-on' agreement, under which they would receive a quarter of any excess sum over all amounts paid in this agreement.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...utd/4270483.stm

I'm not sure if it means just the season he was bought before for the domestic honours but i think it must do, therefore...

we should get:

1million guaranteed

500,000K/250,000K whether prem champs or 2nd

150,000K Fa cup win - quite likely considering whos left in (although chelsea -fuckers)

not sure about the international caps but cant argue with 1.5 mill+ hopefully

I thought they paid £30million for Ferdinand?

Your right Mark .................."The final book value of Ferdinand's contract in Manchester United's accounts was £33 million.[1] This included agents' fees, with Leeds receiving £30.72 million."

Did'nt think he cost that much, just shows you how we gave Rooney away for fook all really.

In the club's (ManU's) 2004-05 accounts, Rooney's contract is recorded as having a book cost of £25.066 million as at 30 June 2005, with contingent payables of £4 million, giving a maximum final fee of £29.066 million including costs.

If you accept though that the sale of Rooney has been the catalyst that has led to our current position, given that we finished seventeenth in the previous season with him and given that he wanted to go I think it certainly was one of the deals of the century. One man for the complete turnaround in the club's status, putting us into Europe twice and challenging at the top of table instead of the bottom...

Would any of this have happened if he'd have stayed? Dunno, but if you'd given me the option back in summer 2004 of this or an unknown future with Rooney I know what I'd have taken.

Edited by MikeO

• 2 months later...

"Everton will pocket £1.5m should Manchester United complete the Premier League and Champions League double courtesy of a lucrative clause in the Wayne Rooney transfer deal between the two clubs nearly four years ago. (News of the World) "

Although he's a good player, i honestly thought he'd be better than he has been, and i certainly dont rate him in the 40m category. Bargains of the century can read, Ronaldo approx 12.5m, and even Torres (Bastards) to the shite has proven good business, both much better players than Rooney.