IGNORED

Paul McCartney

Louis

Amusingly enough since we're just talking about this, I read a headline this morning that said, "Blues reject bid to put Macca & Fan on board" and was prepared to be dumbfounded that Everton would turn down a chance to get Sir Paul and his money on the board of directors...

But then I read the article and saw that it was actually talking about Birmingham and a totally different "Macca." And the "Fan" is actually a guy named Fan, not a fan of Paul's or the club's.

Oh well, so close... :D

even if sir paul was on the board you don't think the misrable old codger would let go of his wallet for a second do you hehe

I'd heard for years that he was an everton fan but that he wouldn't put money into the club as he didn't want to pick sides and alienate some of the city. Also, McCartney gives millions to charity for local causes, it's well known in the area, he just doesn't want his name publicised and keeps it all low key, which is highly commendable.

I'd heard for years that he was an everton fan but that he wouldn't put money into the club as he didn't want to pick sides and alienate some of the city. Also, McCartney gives millions to charity for local causes, it's well known in the area, he just doesn't want his name publicised and keeps it all low key, which is highly commendable.

Well!.........Just give us a few quid and we wont tell anyone........highly commendable B)

• 3 years later...

“My dad was born in Everton, so I’m an Evertonian. Yes, I’ll cheer Liverpool on too. People say you can’t support them both but I got a special dispensation from the Pope. But if it comes down to a derby match I would have to support Everton.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-news/in-the-mix/2011/12/19/sir-paul-mccartney-tells-jade-wright-why-he-s-invited-the-liverpool-and-everton-teams-to-his-gig-100252-29976205/#ixzz1gzkLuklg

This has been discussed before on rival pages, McCartney has never publicly stated which side of Merseyside he leans to, if at all, he could well be more interested in Tranmere for all we know

It's been widely suggested he was in attendance with Lennon at the 1966 Cup Final wearing an Everton scarf, but I've never seen any evidence of this, to add to further ambiguity he was apparently featured on the beatles Sergeant Pepper album cover (if not that then one of the others) wearing a Liverpool rosette

Maybe Mister McCartney has some odd allegiances or just can't make up his mind, I don't know

How can you answer a post containing the quote...

"My dad was born in Everton, so I’m an Evertonian.......if it comes down to a derby match I would have to support Everton.”

with...

McCartney has never publicly stated which side of Merseyside he leans to, if at all, he could well be more interested in Tranmere for all we know..

dont%20know.gif

Nobody would ever be afraid of saying they were blue just to avoid alienating the reds (or vice versa). If anything, not declaring will alienate both!

I think most truly partisan fans declare their allegiance. It's just what you do when you're a properly interested party. I have mates who'll say "I don't mind Everton etc" but those are non football fans who just favour Everton (or Liverpool for that matter). There's never any 'don't mind' with a genuine fan... they let you know clearly which side they are on!

I do agree that it would do no harm for him to promote Everton a bit in the States ;-) Bit of publicity can't do any harm!

He doesn't want to follow in the footsteps of his mate John then?

Ouch. You're naughty. I'm telling. happy.png

don't know about having him involved in the club, i know people who have played/worked with him in a "music capacity" and said he is a complete arsewipe, and very difficult to work with as he constantly changes his mind about everything every 5 mins.

I didn't like his stance on the recent charity concert, where he threatened to pull out unless he opened and closed the show.