IGNORED

People Who Leave Early...

JamesN

I was seeing a lot of people leaving the ground, starting from around 10 minutes to go last night, what is the deal with this?!

All the Brann fans were ripping the piss waving at all the early departures in the Park End but i thought it was a disgrace. I mean I can understand it when we are losing like 4-0 or something but when we are 5-1 up and looking like scoring every time we go forward? What is all that about??

The players must kinda think "fuck you" to all the fans leaving after putting on such a good performance and then seeing them leave early to beat the traffic or get to the bar first.

Discuss...

you pays your money you makes your choice.

I guess especially with midweek games peple have to travel along way sometimes to get home before work the next day.

i've never left early but then i'm always on holiday when i go to games so don't have time problems myself but I do think if you spend that much on a ticket it seems silly to leave early even if it does slow you down a lot due to traffic afterwards.

i'm sure some will reply with reasons for leaving early at games though.

I used to feel you should never leave before the end but when your sat in a crowd like last nights who wouldnt get behind the team and actually support what's the point in hanging round??

I agree with the crowd last night, it was disappointing. Whenever songs started to get going they never carried on as the rest of the stadium were not singing. Very strange and quiet atmosphere last night....

I never leave until the final whistle regardless, but that is how my dad brought me up.

I've just grown out of it TBH I brought myself up that way through the dark times and spent many a post match clapping shite players off the pitch after another dire performance. I also taught r kid to never leave early when he started comming but this season especially I just feel I put in the hours, the commitment & the cash an if I want to go get a beer I bloody well will :P

I'll never leave when we're loosing though, I have a job to do then but when we're winning I'll take it or leave it depending on my mood.

i only left early twice, and both of those it was a good reason, first one was when united put the 4th in last season in the 93rd minute, and this season when arsenal made it 4-1. both occasions the final whistle went as i reached the stairs though. BUT, when we got tonked 4-0 by bolton, i stayed to the end for that one, despite people running away.

Never left early. Almost did at Arsenal this season, but havn't done so yet. If people want to leave then let them, its there problem if they end up missing cracking goals like Aj's against Brann. I also found it funny against Brum this season, a few people left early then we get two late ones. Gutted.

Got to the games late a few times becasue of traffic, the worst of which was against boro a few years ago, we scored in the first minute which i missed, think it might of been a hinchcliffe goal, and then we went onto lose the game. was very very annoying

Edited by jamiemaher85

Closest I came to leaving early was 7th Sept 1985 (thanks to the OS Stats :) ) when we played on the plastic at Loftus Road. Dire....3-0 down by half-time, quite a way before half-time if my memory serves :( . Still sat it out to the (very) bitter end.

Amazingly the team that day was (again thanks to OS)..

Neville Southall

Gary Stevens

Pat Van Den Hauwe

Kevin Ratcliffe

Derek Mountfield

Peter Reid

Trevor Steven

Gary Lineker

Graeme Sharp

Paul Bracewell

Adrian Heath

Just goes to show that it wasn't always a smooth ride being an Evertonian even back in that era!