IGNORED

Jaun Nuno Valente

Pat

Just got a copy of the Chelsea match, thus inspired a re watch of the Arsenal match. Drew many conlusions, with Mr Valente especially being noted.

Deffo on the pace now, I no played a month half crocked, but his postional sense, distrubiton & involvement is a credit 2 him.

Much more polished article than the player whom 1st arrived & ahs adapted well quite quickly really.

Well in Nuno, more of the same please & that natural sweeping wide left foot is a bonus.

P.s Who was the Hottie (Blonde) sat behind BT bottle feeding the baby?

any clue?

Just got a copy of the Chelsea match, thus inspired a re watch of the Arsenal match. Drew many conlusions, with Mr Valente especially being noted.

Deffo on the pace  now, I no played a month half crocked, but his postional sense, distrubiton & involvement is a credit 2 him.

Much more polished article than the player whom 1st arrived & ahs adapted well quite quickly really.

Well in Nuno, more of the same please & that natural sweeping wide left foot is a bonus.

P.s Who was the Hottie (Blonde) sat behind BT  bottle feeding the baby?

any clue?

Eyes like a shithouse rat to spot a hotti in the crowd Pat!

Dont know who it was tho' :(

Agreed, after a bit of a dogey start, Valente is looking a real bargain at £1.5M. Still prone to the odd mistake, but generally very soild at the back now- but the quality of some of his deliveries has been top draw. A very useful weapon for a full back.

But you could say this improved form is throughout the whole team. Unbeaten in 8 games and we have played both Arsenal and Chelsea in this period.

It did take a while for the new players to gel, but we are starting to see the fruits of this improved quality to the squad.

Hopefully we will also see some more of VDM for the last few months. He is going to be like a new signing once he gets fit. Lets just hope he is able to stay fit.

We have also continued this good form with argubley some of our best players of this season so far (Yobo & Beattie) not available.

With Ferrari, Yobo, Beattie, VDM and possibley Vaughan (towards the end of the season) all coming back - I think we have enough to still move us further up the table for the rest of the season, without bringing in new player.

I think all the squad players are desperate to be in the starting 11 now. And are showing this everytime the step out on the pitch.

I go along with that, i was one of their biggest critics at the defeatist attitude the whole of the squad showed early season.

This post Xmas period as seen a deffo improvement in the whole squad, and i think all my relegation fears have been squashed.

Lets hope it continues, and a decent top 8 position is achieved. :)

I was just looking at the Prem table this morning -

We could have hardly of had a poorer start to the season - after about 8 games we were below Sunderland, rooted at the foot of the table.

But look at it now, we have won 9 games, the same number as Bolton, Man City and West Ham all of whom are thought to be having a good season.

Both Spur and Arsenal have only won two more games than us so far this season. How would you comapre the squads and resources these teams have available to ours. (these two teams both got out of the blocks well this season as well)

We have won 5 games on the road - only Chelsea, Man U and Wigan have won more away games this term.

Now considering the poor start we had, which I predicted before a ball was kicked this season. I said it would take at least two months for the new squad to gel (check earlier post if you like). Couple that with the injuries to BT and the inevertable dip in form that come on the back of going out of Europe. You could say that the first 10 games was a one off period.

So you can basically say that our Premiership season proper (i.e where our squad is really at) only started 15 games ago. You couple this with the two sentences above and I would say our tean has moved on - even from last season.

The quality of the squad is improved and the average age is as low as it has ever been in the Prem.

We all know we could do with a few more 'decent' players, and it is frustrating not seeing them at the club now, but I would say that Moyes is steadilty building a very good squad of players (he always said he will only bring in player that a better than what he has already got - and generally that is what he is doing). He is also doing this within reasonable budget constraints.

Moyes was last seasons Manager of the Season - I still think we have one of the best managers in the Prem.

the calender year of 2005 was just shite for us.

yet we are now performing very well. a credibal point last night proves this

Valente is looking good, and i too agree that Moyes is one of the better managers in the league

Looking at our squad we have the people mentioned above coming back, including Carsley, so our squad (when available) isn't that bad, would have been nice to see someone come in to 'freshen things up' though