IGNORED

Intertoto

Romey 1878

Was wondering about that myself. Daft not to really.

Extra insurance, although we'll be OK if we win it ;) .

Also we must be near the top of the "Fair play" league, that's another possible route if the league as a whole is behaving itself enough to qualify for one of the three extra places :) .

Edited by MikeO

Was wondering about that myself. Daft not to really.

Extra insurance, although we'll be OK if we win it ;) .

Also we must be near the top of the "Fair play" league, that's another possible route if the league as a whole is behaving itself enough to qualify for one of the three extra places :) .

I didn't think it was like the Champions League where the winners are automatically entered into the competition regardless of league position though?

1.06 Unless the UEFA Cup title-holder qualifies for the UEFA Champions League

through its domestic championship, it will be guaranteed a place in the first

round of the UEFA Cup. If the title-holder does qualify for the UEFA Cup

through its domestic competitions, the number of places to which its national

association is entitled in the UEFA Cup does not change. If the UEFA Cup

title-holder does not qualify for either the UEFA Champions League or UEFA

Cup through its domestic competitions, its participation in the UEFA Cup will

not be at the expense of the contingent of its association.

we'd be stupid not to apply

that said this is the first season i can remember that i've thought that we'll qualify for europe rather than hoped we would, even when we finished 4th i was in constant fear of losing every game and ending up outside of the uefa cup places until we were mathematically there

my mindset of pessimism might be changing... anyone else?

personally i think its a bad idea, how will the players feel bowt it applying for it, they should be positive about gettin 4th place and concentrating on champions league, not gettin into uefa cup through the back door bad move and i feel for players

You'd be the first to complain if we went on a bad run and fell out of the UEFA places and we didn't have a back up plan in place. Would you not be annoyed if we would have finished outside of the UEFA places but qualified for the Intertoto only to find we hadn't applied and lost out on a european place and probably a couple of players would leave? See the bigger picture.

In my opinion it´s a bad idea. The season is too long, why will you prolong it?

The consequences: angry and tired players. Imagine the results in all competitions.

And if at the end you won´t get the Uefa place trough Intertoto we all will ask: why the useless effort?

A wasted summer for the fans; a wasted season for the club

I really can't see how anyone can think this is a bad idea. If you think that the season is too long then you probably think us playing in Europe is a bad idea as it will mean too many more games. Intertoto is only a few games and could subsadise friendly games. This season we could finish 6th and not get into europe and that just cannot happen. there are alot of teams around us that could easily make eufa spot this year and you'd be kidding youreslf if you thought that we have european qualification wrapped up already.

I´m sorry for my previosus post. I was thinking of Intertoto as it started few years ago. There were 5 rounds, including a minileague.

Only 2 games? Go on

Of course don´t think playing in Europe is bad. It´s really the best thing can happen, specially for me, living in other country