IGNORED

Fiorentina (away) 1st Leg

Bill

Seeing how the lads are maintainting their recent form i'm getting more and more confident the closer we get to this game.

Theres no doubting that the lads are playing with bags of confidence, and look as though they can beat anyone at the moment.

If we can keep Pienar, Osman, Cahill and Arteta fit and keep providing the Yak i see no reason to be scared of these, I'm going for an away goal 0-1 scoreline.

How good is this, talking about Everton beating the top sides, its a long time since i've had such happy days.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm looking forward to this one, the Yak on fire & Timmy comming back into his own for the run in it's a great time to be a blue.

I'm leaving at 5 tomorrow evening on a National express coach to Gatwick arriving at 2 in the morning then we dont fly until 9 so plenty of drinking time methinks. Fly into Pisa about lunch time wednesday an after that I'm not sure, as usual no hotels booked or travel planned just pack a bag, on a plane, beer money in pocket, sorted :D

We've had such a laugh in Europe this season and everywhere we've been the people / police / stewards have treated us exceptionally well with the behaviour of our traveling army reflecting the way we've been treated. This one however scares the shit outa me because I know the Everton crowd and although we are all mild mannered when treated like human beings there will be trouble if we see repeats of the brutal police treatement of English supporters in the past. I just hope a silly little incident or inevitable police batton charge doesnt kick of a riot. This could be the game we loose our good reputation in Europe & the Italian police realise you may be able to bully other people but theres a dangerous undercurrent in Evertons crowd that I don't think any of us want to see come to the surface. Let's keep our fingers crossed for another peacefull encounter on our march to Manchester.

COYB :D

I am shitting myself about this game. Half through sheer excitment and half through nerves. This will be the first real test we've had in europe, not that some of the teams we've played havn't been good. Zenit for one were a classy outfit. A scoring draw would be a good outcome, id take anything from this game and with the way we're playing i can see us getting something out of it. COYB!!!

They beat Juve 3-2 at the weekend, they are no mugs are they.

But neither are we. We've been in top form recently and i dont see any reason why we cant get something out of this game.

1-1 then finish the job at our place :)

COYB

I'm shitting myself about this game tbh, not because I think we'll lose but just because it's such a big game. I hope our key players are fit and over the sickness that has been going around the squad.

0-0 or 1-0 to us I reckon. And then we'll do them at Goodison. Fingers crossed anyway.

For once I'm going tobe over optomistic and I think we will score 2 away goal.The reason I'm not sure just a gut feeling. I think that we havn't been playing better in the last 15years so I think the players will be eager to show that Everton arn't a flash in the pan and can play and win on the European stage. To all those going have a great time, and have a beer for me!

I was very confident as i am over every game at the moment until i looked at Fiorentina's form and just as importantly their league postion. yes top scorer Mutu is injured but they have won both of their games since he's been out and scored 4 goals, 3 against Juve in a 3-2 away win.

They're 5 points clear of AC Milan in the league who are admitedly having a bad season but still no mean feat.

Clearly major comparison to us I suppose in their league, 4th place above one of the "big 4" and on excellent form. I think this will be a very tough and tight match which won't see many goals. we haven't conceeded a lot of goals recently and have defended well but have tended to let the odd one in in the European games. I fancy it to be maybe 1-1 which i'd be happy with, obviously 2-1 would be better but a score draw would do with the all important away goal.

1-1 draw Cahill (or yak) to score OR 2-1 with Anichebe getting the bonus winner!

Undoubtedly our biggest test in Europe this season. A great indication of how we'll fare if we do secure a champions league place. Fiorentina would have unquestionably played in the champions league this term had they not began their season with a fifteen point deduction.

We will need all our players to be at the very top of their game for this one. Luckily as some have already pointed out, we are full of confidence at this time. I'm not expecting a huge amount only to still be in the tie after the first leg.

Really looking forward to this match, now that we have the league to really concentrate on the UEFA is just a lovely distraction - a bit of an escape from the pressure of the league. I can see this being a very entertaining 2 legs, wonder if he'll rotate at all with Sunderland in mind? Maybe bring in AJ, possibly Baines.

play in italian league and leading scorer is mutu isn't it? they're vastly superior to us lads.

Is this Italian league you're freaking out about the same Italian league that now has a very good chance of having ZERO teams left in the Champions' League after next week?

Is this the same Italian league that sent four teams to the UEFA Cup and came within a penalty kick shootout of getting completely shut out of the group stages?

Sorry, but the words "Italian league" aren't exactly making me shake and shiver right now, mate. They are not having one of their vintage seasons.

I will give you one thing though...once Real Madrid and (much as I hate to say it) Liverpool have polished off Roma and Inter, Fiorentina's going to be the last Italian club left in Europe, and that might give them a little extra motivation. And they will probably be tough to break down, as Italian clubs usually tend to be. But if we can get an away goal or two, I have to like our chances coming back.

When you put it like that JD, sounds easy....bring on Bayern :lol: !!!

Pleased to see btw that we're on ITV again instead of Five. Slightly annoying that we're on ITV4 while Spurts are on ITV1, surely on all the evidence so far us v Fiorentina is more attractive than them v PSV?

Caught the BBC "Let's show 'Boro as the live match" stupidity :):angry: .

I don't see how most people can be so overly confident about this game. Sure we're doing really well at the moment, but so are fiorentina. On paper it looks like we should have this game but it is going to be a really tough test. People say the italian league isn't all that but in europe that doesn't mean shit. We were given a real scare by Metalist, does that mean the ukrainian league is really good?

This will be a hard game, i think that we can win over both legs but i think that this first game could be very tricky.

Do you want to expand on this at all?

yes sorry....on paper Everton is not better than Fiorentina, that in every category...offensively and difensively.

You are coming to Firenze predicting TWO GOALS?? A WIN??? you guys are insane. Really. In your opinion...pls...why on paper Everton should have this game?

Sorry for my English guys.