IGNORED

Fiorentina (away) 1st Leg

Bill

no it isn't, you can rely on Neville and Hibbert to give 100% and usually not let anyone down. Ok Neville may not be the best passer of a ball in midfield (and ditto Hibbert at RB) but he can tackle and leave the passing to others (and we now do have others who can pass the ball). Fernandez looks a liability at the present time, I personally don't want him to play and cost us either the UEFA cup or 4th place in the league just because he's 'talented.' On present Fernandez form I'd probably stick Hibbert in midfield ahead of him. We don't need him on the bench either, if Neville is RB he can come into midfield if needed, if Neville is in midfield then we can change to 442 and bring on AJ/Anichebe/Vaughan. If a footballer doesn't have the right mentality then he's virtually useless. He's been a total waste of space, just deal with it rather than slagging off the likes of Neville - a guy who does put his best in and shows some pride.

That is way to short sighted. Manny has not been costing us games, it would be a hell of a lot more useful to have a creative midfielder on the bench rather than 3 strikers, which we have been doing alot this season. There is not point having 3 strikers sitting on the bench and no midfield options. Manny may not have been playing his best recently but you simply cannot write him off for good.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it would be a hell of a lot more useful to have a creative midfielder on the bench rather than 3 strikers

We can have both Jamie. Seven subs in Europe :) .

Fernandes has been desperately disappointing imo. Not quite given up on him yet but £12m is out of the question in my view.

Tonight I want to score at least one goal and to concede less than three. Anything better that that I'll be delighted.

This is up there with the Villarreal game in terms of difficulty but we're a much better side now and we have the great advantage of being away in the first leg.

Very much looking forward to it!!

Forgot about the 7 subs. Still think he would still warrant a place on the bench. Look at our other midfield options and is becomes clear Manny should at least get on the bench if he's fit. I mean VDM, Graverson.... manny any day ahead of them. You'd be an idiot not to want him on the bench.

Anyone know a link where the match is streaming? They are playing the Tottenham match here.

Sorry Joe.

We're giving it away far too much <_< . Conditions awful? Crowd calling for AJ already :lol: , maybe he's just warming up.

Keep it square til half time then we have the wind :) .

absolutely dire so far....

totally negative approach, we're there to keep a clean sheet that's it.

worry is a total inability to hold onto the ball for any length of time. still a 1/2 hour to go, we keep this up they really should score at some point.

hopefully we can grab 1 somehow and steal an undeserved win

Edited by Raccyboy