IGNORED

David Moyes

storm

I note he said that alot of clubs have adopted the same approach and not signed anyone in the market, yes but they have bigger squads than us and didnt sell two players than would be in their match day squad either.

I would like to think he explored avenue's like he said, but ive got a horrible fealing that Fozzie was right all along

Can't agree with that - because no player (other than Stubbs) came in this January I really don't beleive that DM and the board just sat on there hands throughout the transfer window and did nothing.

Moyes is a beleiver in bringing the right players for the right money - and considering the limited resources at the club. I am glad we have a careful and steady manager at the helm. We could have a Keegan, Souness

or Robson to name just a few, who if there is a few quid in the bank they will spend until its all gone, and will buy who or whatever is available. And all this money spent - doesn't equal success or even safety in the Premiership.

Souness is a prime example -

Yes, I am the same as everyone else, major disapointment we didn't bring in some decent players - everyone gets a buzz from new arrivals. But like most buzzes they are only short lived - and come the summer we will all be after more.

If the right players are not available for the right price - then I have to side with Moyes and say we lets save the money until the summer when the real transfer action starts.

No point is spending our limited resources just to tide us over till the summer - We are not going to get relegated just like we are not going to be challenging for a CL place. So really no point in spending the clubs money to finish 8th rather than 10th.

Its not like we have missed out on AJ, Robbie Keane, Nugent, Tekke or Jerome. They haven't moved - and all still around for bids in the summer.

Ashton cost £7.25M and Earnshaw went for £3.5M - Neither of them value for money in my opinion, and would basically mean we wouldn't be in the market for another striker come the summer.

Can't agree with that - because no player (other than Stubbs) came in this January I really don't beleive that DM and the board just sat on there hands throughout the transfer window and did nothing.

Moyes is a beleiver in bringing the right players for the right money - and considering the limited resources at the club. I am glad we have a careful and steady manager at the helm. We could have a Keegan,  Souness

or Robson to name just a few, who if there is a few quid in the bank they will spend until its all gone, and will buy who or whatever is available. And all this money spent - doesn't equal success or even safety in the Premiership.

Souness is a prime example -

Yes, I am the same as everyone else, major disapointment we didn't bring in some decent players - everyone gets a buzz from new arrivals. But like most buzzes they are only short lived - and come the summer we will all be after more.

If the right players are not available for the right price - then I have to side with Moyes and say we lets save the money until the summer when the real transfer action starts.

No point is spending our limited resources just to tide us over till the summer - We are not going to get relegated just like we are not going to be challenging for a CL place. So really no point in spending the clubs money to finish 8th rather than 10th.

Its not like we have missed out on AJ, Robbie Keane, Nugent, Tekke or Jerome. They haven't moved - and all still around for bids in the summer.

Ashton cost £7.25M and Earnshaw went for £3.5M - Neither of them value for money in my opinion, and would basically mean we wouldn't be in the market for another striker come the summer.

Spot on!!

BUT HE COULD DO THE DEALS NOW. Why wait until summer when every tom dick and harry is after the same players. Make the deals now and leave them at their clubs on loan, till season finishes.

Palace and Preston and other clubs dont want to lose their best players when they are chasing the play-offs or fighting relegation. Plus come the Summer and the price will have gone up.

Knowing EFC and how they work, it will be the opening day of the season and we will still be looking for players, all the other clubs have got in first.

Palace or preston would have done deals if we had left the players at the clubs.

(Johnson...Nugent) .

BUT HE COULD DO THE DEALS NOW. Why wait until summer when every tom dick and harry is after the same players.  Make the deals now and leave them at their clubs on loan, till season finishes.

Palace and Preston and other clubs dont want to lose their best players when they are chasing the play-offs or fighting relegation.  Plus come the Summer and the price will have gone up.

Knowing EFC and how they work, it will be the opening day of the season and we will still be looking for players, all the other clubs have got in first.

Palace or preston would have done deals if we had left the players at the clubs.

(Johnson...Nugent) .

Because we would have paid through the teeth!

Guest fozzie22

Rob,this is Everton

With perhaps the most moribound board in the league,of course we did nothing,we had no money to do so.

We lucked into our "euro" run last season by spending nowt,and the inept board were hoping for the same thing to happen this time round.

It aint worked out that way.

I agree in a way with both opinions but i definately feel that we have to get in now and agree with these clubs (Palace, Preston etc) that if they dont come up we will agree to buy this player for this amount.As soon as the season is finished we make the deal public and get them in for the entire pre-season so they can settle in and not waste another six months of a season.If we would have had even a slightly better start to the season we should be around 6-7th place with a view to challenging for a euro-place.Wherever we finish this year we need to make a clear intention of our ambition in the summer and come out mean :angry:

Guest fozzie22

Trouble of course with this summer is the world cup..alleyes will be on that,and usually transfers do tend to slow down till the frenzy after its all over.

I know what you're saying Trev,but time will tell how much or how little DM has to spend.